• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from BCV

MikeBW

Mouseketeer
We got back last night from 5 days at BCV. It was our first time at BCV, it was very nice - no complaints or problems. SAB definitely makes it, my kids loved the pool and slide. We had a handicapped room (didn't need one, just what we got) on the 2nd floor overlooking the quiet pool.
ME was very good. We got to BCV by 11:20 AM and our room was ready. Our luggage was in our room by 3 PM.
The parks were not that crowded, for example on Saturday we did Soarin, TT and Mission Space by 11:30 AM. We did MVMCP on Sunday. It was a good time, I would recommend it. We got to MK around 5 PM and left around 10:20 PM - saw the parade, fireworks and did all the rides with under 5 minute waits.
I'll be happy to answer any questions.

It sounds like a great trip! What did you think of the fireworks at MVMCP? We're going on Sunday :Pinkbounc

We've been lucky at Epcot as well, in August, most days we also got in our favorite rides before noon, but for us a second ride on Soarin (with FP) instead of MS!

Bobbi :sunny:

We were too close to the castle to get a good view of the fireworks. We were on the walkway just before Cosmic Ray's and FantasyLand. I think a better view point (if not on Main St) would be the walkway to TomorrowLand or the outside seating area behind Cosmic Ray's.

Were you in the 2 BR lockoff (or a portion of it) near the main elevators? If so, we've had that room. Nice porch off the studio isn't it! :sunny:

We were in the 1BR part of that room. The porch off of the studio was huge. We had been on the wait list for a 2BR and didn't get it, but I never saw anyone or activity in the connected studio. I hope someone was in that room because I wanted a 2BR, maybe they were just on a different schedule thatn us. It was a good room though - close to the elevator and a fast trip to the hot tub at 7:30 AM. :cool1:

Did you get to the Marketplace to sample any gelato, chocolate chip macaroons, or anything else? That's the problem with BCV-between the BC Marketplace and B&C, I come back about 10 pounds heavier. But it's OK-I love it there!

Hey! We just got back from BCV on Monday and it was our first time also! We were in 410 and our friends were in 408. We overlooked the quiet pool and lagoon. The rooms were both perfect ~ both 1 bedroom units.

SAB was a lot of fun on Sunday. It was the only day of the week that I thought it was warm enough for the kids to swim. They didn't want to leave.

The one thing that we came away from this experience with is that we will definitely take advantage of having groceries delivered to our room. We really blew it by not hitting the grocery store.

Our room was ready at 3pm, but our friends didn't get in until 4. No big deal because we were completely expecting it.

Did we leave with any complaints, BUT OF COURSE, our stay wasn't long enough! We'll be back next October though :teeth:

Simba's Mom,

We did get to the store for groceries. We did get some muffins and bagels for breakfast one day - they were very good. I bought a 16 oz. Bud before going to the pool one afternoon - it was $5.60!! I almost fell over because at the BW store, they have cans of beer for about $2. The next day I bought a beer at Hurricane Hanna's. We didn't do a grocery stop this trip because we used ME, so I figure that the $170 savings for a rental car can be used to buy food and $5.60 beer at the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter