• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from AKL, HRH and YC

grumpyandbashful

DIS Veteran
DS 12 and I just returned from 5 nights at AKL (savannah view), 2 at HRH, followed by one spur of the moment extra night at the Yacht Club :) . Had a great time - if any questions, fire away!

How do you compare the 3 resorts? Cleanliness, service, convience, etc.

All three resorts were very clean - both rooms and public areas.
Service was great at the Disney resorts, and pretty good at HRH, although some people there are a little flip. Overall, no big complaints, though.
Convenience:
AKL: great bus service - no complaints. A bit of a haul to the MK, but we only went there once, so it didn't bother us. Mara is a nice fast food place with good variety, which is nice. Open late, too - I think until 11:00.
HRH: very short walk to Universal Studios, and a bit further to IOA. We went to eat at RPH and took a complimentary shuttle bus, which was nice. No fast food place, but you can get food to go from the Sunset Grill without much of a wait and no room service charge!
YC: we were only there one night, but have stayed at BC before. Great convenience to MGM and Epcot World Showcase. Continental Breakfast is available in the lobbies of the YC and BC, which is an improvement over the last time we stayed at the BC. They still could use a quick service restaurant other than Beaches and Cream. Can't comment on busses, as we didn't use them.

Was it crowded at WDW (which parks) or Universal? We are going in late August (split trip between WDW and Universal) so we would like to get an idea of what to expect.

Disney-Kim: Continental Breakfast is no longer available at Beaches and Cream. It is available just off the lobby in both the BC and YC. Coffee, juice, milk, cereal, one type of Danish and 2 types of muffins, and bagels.

packy - I don't think parks will be as crowded in late August. MK and AK were packed by late morning. MGM and Epcot (except Test Track) weren't bad at all. We used fastpass and single riders lines for the big attractions, which helped. We didn't go to the water parks, but we saw a sign up at Typhoon Lagoon that it was closed due to being at capacity.
Universal (both parks) was extremely crowded. We were so fortunate to have FOTL with our HRH keys. Lines were very long for all the major rides. Shrek had anywhere from 1-2 hours in the standby line all day long!

Another idea for breakfast is the night before just stop over to the Boardwalk Bakery for some yummy treats :) Grab some milk or juice from the store and put it on ice for the night, and you've got breakfast in the room for a lot less than room service :)

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter