Just back from a great trip!

kcbutterfly

Mouseketeer
We just returned yesterday from a 3 day trip. We stayed at Art of Animation in a Little Mermaid room and loved it. I was a little concerned before we left that we might be disappointed since we stayed at AKL Club Level last summer. We were far from disappointed though and loved AOA just as much as AKL. We visited Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Hollywood Studios. We didn't visit Animal Kingdom this time since we did Harambe Nights, the Surise Safari through AKL, and a day a AK last summer. This was our first time visiting Epcot and Hollywood Studios. We loved the shows at Hollywood Studios (Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and the Frozen Singalong). We ate at Cinderella's Royal Table for lunch, Be Our Guest for dinner, Akershus for lunch, Pizza Planet, and Landscape of Flavors at AOA. We enjoyed all of our meals and had excellent service. We did not have to wait more than 5 minutes to enter any restaurant with our ADRs. Every CM we encountered was extremely friendly and helpful. We also did not encounter any rude guests at all. We did not have a drop of rain during our trip, but it was extremely HOT. Our magic bands worked flawlessly to enter our room, enter the parks, use our FP+, and charge. We used our FP+ 5 minutes early on several occasions without any issues. It was a great trip, and I'm sad to be home today. :( If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them.

Since the Festival of Fantasy parade was definitely a highlight, here are some pictures I took from Frontierland:​

IMG_2592_zpsitwdjyvx.jpg

IMG_2594_zpsplmo5rsb.jpg

IMG_2596_zpsfc5lhshh.jpg

IMG_2601_zpsqypdgufe.jpg

IMG_2604_zpszktqljgl.jpg

IMG_2614_zpsgqdkfs5u.jpg

I have two questions if you don't mind. I am going in August with a party of 10 of various ages including a 5, 7 and 11 year old. Your parade pictures look beautiful. Did you have fast passes for it or did you just wait? If you waited was it a long wait? My second question is about the Frozen sing a long. I booked it for several people in my group. Do you think older kids would enjoy it too? Glad you had a great trip. Thanks for taking the time to answer. susan

I have two questions if you don't mind. I am going in August with a party of 10 of various ages including a 5, 7 and 11 year old. Your parade pictures look beautiful. Did you have fast passes for it or did you just wait? If you waited was it a long wait? My second question is about the Frozen sing a long. I booked it for several people in my group. Do you think older kids would enjoy it too? Glad you had a great trip. Thanks for taking the time to answer. susan

We did not have a FP for the parade. We watched from Frontierland. We got there around 30 minutes early, and most spots in the shade were already taken. We found a square planter around a small tree that was somewhat in the shade to sit on. Since I'm only 5', I stood on top of the planter right before the parade started. Don't worry, I made sure no one was behind me so I wasn't blocking anyone. :) As far as the Frozen Singalong - I think everyone will enjoy it in your group. The "historians" that narrate the show are hilarious. My own 58 year old mother was cracking up the whole time and loved it.

We did not have a FP for the parade. We watched from Frontierland. We got there around 30 minutes early, and most spots in the shade were already taken. We found a square planter around a small tree that was somewhat in the shade to sit on. Since I'm only 5', I stood on top of the planter right before the parade started. Don't worry, I made sure no one was behind me so I wasn't blocking anyone. :) As far as the Frozen Singalong - I think everyone will enjoy it in your group. The "historians" that narrate the show are hilarious. My own 58 year old mother was cracking up the whole time and loved it.

thanks for the information. I want to make sure the kids see the parade after seeing your pictures. I know my niece is looking forward to taking her kids to the show so I am glad to hear that they will enjoy it.

thanks for the information. I want to make sure the kids see the parade after seeing your pictures. I know my niece is looking forward to taking her kids to the show so I am glad to hear that they will enjoy it.
If it helps, I saw the parade on main street about a week ago. Got there 30 min early and still had seats on the curb, which is the perfect spot for a child :)

Looks like you had an amazing trip! I love the FoF Pictures. It's definitely my favorite parade. So jealous that you stayed at AOA. I've really be wanting to stay there.

Since we loved AOA and I'm going through Disney withdrawals, here are some pics from around the resort:
IMG_2690_zps3ymtyaoh.jpg

IMG_2692_zps5x4ftygb.jpg

IMG_2689_zpsjxadzowe.jpg

IMG_2688_zpsxarvecug.jpg

IMG_2693_zpskfzb899s.jpg

IMG_2694_zps7wg47eqb.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter