Just back from 9 days. A quick rundown of table service. Sorry no pics.

frayedend

I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
I may be out of order but going from memory...

Day 1, 19th Crystal Palace Buffet: Great buffet. Pulled pork was really flavorfull. Lots of good choices. Pooh characters but we weren't there for character. Our friend's little girls loved them all. Overall my favorite buffet so far. Sorry we never went before.

Day 2: Akersush, Norway Epcot: Princess characters for my friend's girls. Really enjoyed this dinner. Wished we had gone before but with boys had no reason. This place is interesting as they have buffet appetizers with meats, cheeses, salads. Then served entrees. I had a pork chop with a really nice slightly spicy chutnee on it. Wife had a nice ground beef and pork dumpling thing called Kjottkakel. Then dessert is served family style, had 3 different things. A rice cream pudding thing, chocolate mousse and puffed pastry. All were good.

Day 3: 1900 Park Fair Breakfast: Typical buffet breakfast. Nothing to talk about. It is good, usual buffet stuff. Characters were Pooh, Tigger, Mary Poppins, Mad Hatter, maybe Eeyore?

Day 4: Chef Mickey's Dinner buffet: Good buffet with typical stuff (menu on allearsnet.com). All food was good, nothing special, nothing bad.

Day 5: Tuskerhouse: Animal Kingdom: Really liked this place. Interesting choices and standards for those not so brave. Desserts not that great but everything else was good. Mango salsa was really good. Try a little of everything here. Go back for what you like.

Day 6: Le Cellier: Pretzel bread is awesome. Cheese soup is like a baked potato soup heavy on the cheese, very good. Great steak. I had the Kansas city strip steak. It has a coffee crust but the crust was basically blackened and only a slight coffee flavor. Don't get this unless you like charred flavor. I loved it. It was cooked medium and perfect. My wife had the New York Strip and it was also great. Son got pesto gnocci which I liked but he didn't. It cost me an adult credit but he insisted. He should have gotten the kid's steak since this was one restaurant that had a good kid's item. We got about all of the desserts at our table. Creme brulee is probably best. Chocolate Whiskey Cake is touted like it's awesome and it's good if you like cake but nothing spectacular. It could have used more whiskey. :goodvibes

Day 7: Mama Melrose, DHS: Least favorite so far. Wife and I had chicken parm. It was good but small. I was hungry after I ate it even with a lot of bread. Ziti in vodka sauce looked good buy our friend didn't like it. Kids meals were garbage. The pizza they gave my son was raw. The cheese wasn't even melted. The other kids had spaghetti and that was okay. They did replace my son's pasta with just butter since he didn't like the sauce. Probably wouldn't have disliked it so much but the problem was timing. They hadn't even brought our drink order and the food was being served. I am not kidding when I say it was less than 2 minutes between ordering and serving of food. I find that strange and can't see how it is cooked to order. It reminded me of a kitchen nightmares episode and scared me a bit. Then dessert took about 30 minutes between ordering and being delivered. They just have bad timing, not so great food, small portions.

Day 8: Liberty Tree Tavern: MK: Didn't realize they don't do characters anymore. Didn't care. But the food was the same as always. Family style. The don't bring enough beef but when you ask for more they bring too much. Turkey, beef, and ham, with stuffing and a lumpy super thick gravy. The gravy was so thick you couldn't get it to pour after it sat for a few minutes. But the meats were tender and juicy. Overall a nice meal. They were smart enough to bring ice cream separate from the icecream over apples since the kids didn't want the apples.

Day 9: Ohana Dinner, Polynesian: I had read a recent bad review or 2 so I was worried. But this was my overall favorite of the week. First they bring a really nice salad with a sweet dressing. Bread has pinapple in it. When you walk in you see skewers of meat being cooked over open coals. They bring you chicken wings and pork and vege dumplings and also lo mein noodles. They brought way more than needed. Everything was great. Also broccoli was brought and was nice but I skipped it in favor of the other items. I could have left at this point as it was great and filling. Then they bring skewers to your table with fresh beef, pork, chicken and shrimp. All in their own sauces which are also served on your table. They serve them off the skewers to your plate and come around often to give you more. It was all absolutely awesome. The chicken was a tad bit dry but I am stretching to find a flaw. I loved this place and wish I could go back tonight.

That's it for now. Questions please ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter