Just back: DDP and gratuities (big problem)

Thanks for that info. I never realized you could do that. I wonder if you could settle the KTTK using a Disney gift card or a Disney Visa rewards card?
Do you know? Also, can you settle your KTTK card every day, or do you have to wait until the day of check out?

Yes, to both. I have done this before and will be doing it again this weekend!

Someone please help me understand this correctly... I am traveling with my kids band next month and I have made some ADRs for some of the chaperones. There will be 6 of us. We will be paying cash for our meals as we are not on the DDP... additionally I have the DDE card. So here are my questions.....

1. in order for everyone to get the 20% off from the DDE we will all need to be on the same receipt correct.....

2. If we are all on the same bill the 18% will be automatically added... what if we have horrible service... shouldn't that 18% be able to be changed?????
The same if we have great service I realize we can add more..... Do I have the opportunity to leave less than 18% if the service is really bad???

3. What if I just use my DDE card for myself and have only my meals on my own bill... will the 18% still be added as there will be 6 people at the table....

4. Can the server ring up separate bills (for the 6 people it would be 4 separate bills)? Can they still use the DDE for the 20% off if we do separate bills? And if we do have separate bills will the 18% be added?

thanks... I am really having a block and trying to determine the best way to handle the meals we will have together.....

The 18% will be added no matter what--you are a party of 6 regardless of how the bill is split there will be 6 of you served by the same person at the same table.

If you choose to use the DDE to get the 20% discount regardless of party size there will eb a 18% gratuity added on.

If you would like to "share" your discount, then all involved will have to figure their part of the check--easy for buffets or pay one price, not so easy for standard TS--not impossible but a bit more difficult. I do not believe they will be able to separate the checks with the DDE. Calculators are small these days so I guess each person could figure it out pretty closely.

If your service is horrible, which I doubt very much will happen, you may speak with a manger to have that automatic 18% removed.

1. in order for everyone to get the 20% off from the DDE we will all need to be on the same receipt correct.....

That is correct.

2. If we are all on the same bill the 18% will be automatically added... what if we have horrible service... shouldn't that 18% be able to be changed?????
The same if we have great service I realize we can add more..... Do I have the opportunity to leave less than 18% if the service is really bad???

Talk to a manager, they can modify the tip. This is the same for parties of over 6 or with DDE

3. What if I just use my DDE card for myself and have only my meals on my own bill... will the 18% still be added as there will be 6 people at the table....

Yes, 18% is added for DDE, regardless of party size.

4. Can the server ring up separate bills (for the 6 people it would be 4 separate bills)? Can they still use the DDE for the 20% off if we do separate bills? And if we do have separate bills will the 18% be added?

They can do seperate bills, but you cannot get the DDE on the seperate checks, unless they have their own DDE card. And as was already mentioned, you are still a party of 6 or more, so 18% will be added to all the bills.

Hopefully that helps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter