Just back and sick as a dog :(

poppinspenguins

Mouseketeer
Don't know where this belongs...but wonder if disney has more sickness than usual going around (tis the season, I know)

All but one had a bad cold while we were there (we were the sad ones buying cough meds and Kleenex from the gift shop)

Our daughter vomited right before we left.we got home last night and the whole family has a bad stomach bug.

One thing I noticed, there are no hand sanitizer pumps anywhere at disney. We bring our own. But it would be great to have in the food courts and the checkout lanes etc. I was coughing up a lung while getting breakfast and still had to touch the pay pad...was so hoping the older gentleman behind,me disnt pick anything up from,me!

We brought sickness home from Disney a couple weeks ago. But it was Land, not World.

It's just that time of year.

Just the time of year. Any time you get many people in a space, it will happen. Think about how many people touch all the rides, railings, etc. We make sure we wash more than usual at Disney, and take hand sanitizer. We also take extra vitamins (emergen-c or airborne). Hope you are feeling better soon.

I think that is probably the case.

But I still wish had more hand cleaning opportunities. Our Kroger has sanitizing wipes for carts, sanitizer pumps at all checkouts, and at the deli, produce area, meat counter, pharmacy etc.

Sick guests don't spend nearly as much haha.

Just glad we made it thru drive home!

I cringe every time I see people sliding their hands along the railings or grabbing hold of stuff because I just think of all the kids that have put their mouths on it or other stuff

Another terrible thing is people leaning against the windows on the monorails or touching them. I've seen way too many sweaty people leaning their heads on those and see visible sweat left behind to want to touch those lol

Just that time of the year though and I'm sure you guys will get over the sickness in no time

Sorry to hear about your illnesses. I hope you have all recovered.

We always carry our bottle of sanitizer. And use it religiously. I wouldn't really trust what might be in a public one.

You are right, it would be nice if they had sanitizing stations. I always take antibacterial wipes and sanitizer, but my first choice is washing with soap and water since Norovirus is not killed by antibacterial gels. I think there is always "Disney crud" going around though because in the summer I also saw lots of sick people. Just so many people in one space from all over the world sharing germs. The queue of Winnie the Pooh ride is enough to make me hyperventilate. LOL!!

You are right, it would be nice if they had sanitizing stations. I always take antibacterial wipes and sanitizer, but my first choice is washing with soap and water since Norovirus is not killed by antibacterial gels. I think there is always "Disney crud" going around though because in the summer I also saw lots of sick people. Just so many people in one space from all over the world sharing germs. The queue of Winnie the Pooh ride is enough to make me hyperventilate. LOL!!

That honey wall is awful. The trick is that you can swipe the honey away without touching it. You just have to put your hand like an inch away lol

Sorry to hear about your illnesses. I hope you have all recovered.

We always carry our bottle of sanitizer. And use it religiously. I wouldn't really trust what might be in a public one.

Thanks! Cold is mostly gone,but stomach but,it holding strong!

Yes, I have a pump with us in the diaper bag, but unfortunately usually leave with hubby if I am doing a parent swap or getting food. Need to get one of those that hang from belt loop!

I was coughing up a lung while getting breakfast and still had to touch the pay pad...was so hoping the older gentleman behind,me disnt pick anything up from,me!

I can't believe I need to point this out to an adult but this is why you cough into a tissue/napkin or your arm!

It sounds like your family needs to be more diligent about hand-washing/hygiene.

Haha. I am quite aware.

I was coughing into my elbow mostly as I had my hands completely full and no where to place anything.

When I got closer to check out, I was coughing so strongly I put my things down and coughed into my shirt by opening the collar wide (worried about more than a cough coming out). I was just worried when I coughed into my shirt those pesky germs went all airborne and got my hands.

there are no hand sanitizer pumps anywhere at disney.

Thank goodness! Wash your hands regularly. THAT is the important part. Sanitizers can only do so much, and the hand-washing is important. Wash your hands before putting your hands to your face. It's THAT simple for germs spread like that. You are responsible for you, and the next guy is responsible for himself.

was so hoping the older gentleman behind,me disnt pick anything up from,me!

If he got it from the pad it's because HE didn't wash his hands before putting his hands to his face.

But I'd be more worried about what you were coughing.

Listen; I was sick at Disney. DS and I were in 2014. Here's what we did. Almost nothing. We stayed in our room as much as possible. When I had to go out I made it as quick as possible, and if I'd had another adult with me I wouldn't have gone out at all for food.

Just one clarification, I am not blaming disney one iota. Millions of people from all over...it's gonna happen.

But I wonder if extra hand pumps at strategic spots would limit the bugs a bit, it would be a win/win. I might send that as an email suggestion!

I can't believe I need to point this out to an adult but this is why you cough into a tissue/napkin or your arm!

It sounds like your family needs to be more diligent about hand-washing/hygiene.

Thank goodness! Wash your hands regularly. THAT is the important part. Sanitizers can only do so much, and the hand-washing is important. Wash your hands before putting your hands to your face. It's THAT simple for germs spread like that. You are responsible for you, and the next guy is responsible for himself.

If he got it from the pad it's because HE didn't wash his hands before putting his hands to his face.

But I'd be more worried about what you were coughing.

Listen; I was sick at Disney. DS and I were in 2014. Here's what we did. Almost nothing. We stayed in our room as much as possible. When I had to go out I made it as quick as possible, and if I'd had another adult with me I wouldn't have gone out at all for food.

We did very little...cancelled our original mk day and adrs. Unfortunately all adults had it, so some one had to go get food.

I tried to be as absolutely mindful as possible and tried to cover any germs. Only so much you can do.

Not trying to get into a hygiene debate, just thought during cold and flu season some complimentary options would be nice. That is all.

I think everywhere has more sickness than usual right now! (I'm sitting at home with an 8yo with a fever (viral) after getting the school nurse call this morning.) I sympathize with you dealing with it at WDW! Being sick away from home plus on your awaited vacation doubly sucks.

I kinda feel the opposite about hand sanitizer, though... I think putting it everywhere will end up causing people trusting it to kill everything and then not bother to wash their hands with soap and water. It just doesn't kill enough. I consider it a last resort, like if you had to use a port-a-potty and there is no running water anywhere. I think running water hand-washing stations near restaurant entrances (like they're adding to cruise ships) would be AWESOME though, in terms of adding things to help reduce germ transmission. I'm that mom making everyone go to the bathroom to wash their hands before a meal, which isn't always convenient, so I get why people opt for sanitizer when it's so much easier.

Travel and sickness just tend to go together sometimes. I got the worst strep throat I'd ever had 2 weeks into a summer-long trip to Australia. I don't really care for hand santizer and my son can't take tons of vit-c due to his meds. So every time it's really just like rolling the dice. We just are very diligent about washing hands and not touching our faces, eyes, ears, etc.

I get sick after every trip to Disney and any trip where we fly. I wash my hands diligently and often, and we have hand sanitizer on us. That doesn't help when idiot guests walk up and sneeze or cough right on us though. In September this guy walked up behind my mom and sneezed and we could literally see a spray of mucus and so forth spray across my mom's legs. She shrieked because she felt the spray hit her. Guy said nothing and disappeared into the crowd hacking and coughing.

I think everywhere has more sickness than usual right now! (I'm sitting at home with an 8yo with a fever (viral) after getting the school nurse call this morning.) I sympathize with you dealing with it at WDW! Being sick away from home plus on your awaited vacation doubly sucks.

I kinda feel the opposite about hand sanitizer, though... I think putting it everywhere will end up causing people trusting it to kill everything and then not bother to wash their hands with soap and water. It just doesn't kill enough. I consider it a last resort, like if you had to use a port-a-potty and there is no running water anywhere. I think running water hand-washing stations near restaurant entrances (like they're adding to cruise ships) would be AWESOME though, in terms of adding things to help reduce germ transmission. I'm that mom making everyone go to the bathroom to wash their hands before a meal, which isn't always convenient, so I get why people opt for sanitizer when it's so much easier.
at
I agree, but I think it would be a. Positive middle step. I would love wash basins randomly available!

Believe me I am a hand washing nut! Even. Had. To stop wearing wedding ring for awhile. I washed so much the trapped soap and water caused a rash.

My mom and I brought home a bug from our October trip and promptly spread it to our households. That is just an awful lot of people and germs in one place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter