• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just added on 300 pts at OKW direct with Disney at $135 per point thru 2057. Added magical beginnings and that reduced the price to $115 per point.

Yes. It’s now open for all members to book
I love the idea of the cabins. Not to own there but to book at 7 months. 14 nights of stay in the summer under 300 points. Very few things with a full kitchen come close.

Yea it sucks they don't have in-room laundry. I wonder how much fun a mixed trip between BRV/CCV and the CFW would work. The CFW units would likely be very nice for some of my family. I wonder if having to cross on the boat to meet up as a family would suck?

Me on my way from MK or CCV on the boat to my mom's cabin for some good eats during our summer trip.....

1714448619091.png

There are a good few confirmed reservations popping up for the cabins on the usual rental sites… some at $28pp. They are all within 7 months though which leads me to believe that owners are not actually buying CFW points to make these bookings, but they will be popular with guests…

There are a good few confirmed reservations popping up for the cabins on the usual rental sites… some at $28pp. They are all within 7 months though which leads me to believe that owners are not actually buying CFW points to make these bookings, but they will be popular with guests…
Don’t love that commercial renters are scooping up the low point option for DVC members with big families…but maybe it will at least take some pressure off BWV and VGC if they can rent CFW at $28/pt?

lol, VGC was actually a typo of BCV (or perhaps my subconscious focus on VGC?)— are commercial rentals at VGC as profitable? I would assume that the low point chart properties would be the sweet spot.
Just by the element of supply and demand VGC rentals are very highly in demand, which allows for more profitability than other resorts. However, because the point charts are higher, the total profit wouldn't be as much as a high demand low point resort. But a VGC confirmed reservation will go fast (I had one I couldn't use, and the points were about to expire, so I listed it on a broker site and it was rented out in hours)

Just by the element of supply and demand VGC rentals are very highly in demand, which allows for more profitability than other resorts. However, because the point charts are higher, the total profit wouldn't be as much as a high demand low point resort. But a VGC confirmed reservation will go fast (I had one I couldn't use, and the points were about to expire, so I listed it on a broker site and it was rented out in hours)
Excellent points. I was thinking that VGC can’t possibly be as profitable for renters due to the point charts v buy in cost—but the fact that you can flip rentals quickly has real value—especially as an owner who might need to occasionally bail on a reservation inside 30 days.

They'll get you eventually with a free upgrade sometime. They always find a way to make you want (need? 😅) more points

A similar thing just happened to me at CCV; our 2br VGF room was unavailable so they moved us to a cabin at CCV. We fell in love with the resort, and the cabin, and we got home and purchased a CCV contract. Never accept an upgrade, it will cost you! 😂😆

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter