Jungle Skipper Canteen

disneydreamer781

Just a little bit of pixie dust...
Had lunch here on a party day and I have to say most of it was very good.

First we were brought the bread service which was good. The dipping sauce was a bit sweet for me though.
15584987_1362221110456092_8193618840322700435_o.jpg

We started with the Shu Mia that my DH and I shared. They were good but based on some reviews I guess I just expected better. Sorry no photo. For some reason, it didn't come out. Along with the appetizer I also ordered the Punch Line Punch w/Spiced Rim and DH got a Coke.

WOW! I have to say I really loved this punch! So much so that I dream about it occasionally. I miss it so! :sad1: The spiced rim is the key though. Without it for me it would be too sweet.
15578751_1362221033789433_1282679992324732337_n.jpg

For entrees, my husband settled on the A Lot At Steak salad. This was more like Notta Lotta Steak salad but I guess my husband was OK with it for the most part although he said it was just too much lettuce. The bowl was so crowded that it looked like one little piece even tried to get away. :) You have to understand my husband is not a big salad or a steak lover so I was surprised he even ordered it.

15540937_1362221180456085_7027277247231694381_o.jpg

I ordered the Char Siu Pork with brown rice mix and I think, a chinese broccoli. The pork was so tender! You get 3 good size pieces of pork. At least for me there were good size. Watching my husband wade through all his lettuce just to find his croutons, I decided to share a piece with him. He really liked it and said he should have ordered that instead, Well...Yeah!

15578639_1362221243789412_2579417485106751972_n.jpg

Unfortunately, we passed on dessert since we were doing the MVMCP that evening but I would give JSC a 7 and I'm definitely looking forward to eating there again in October.

Food photos can also be found on the Disney Food Pictures thread.

:tinker:

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing! If I do go again, I think I would order the pork also.

I went solo early last month and had a bad experience with the hostess who seated me in the room I said not to when she asked..they will seat couples and apparently parties of one at tables that are right on top of each other in the S.E.A. room and when I was seated in the middle of two couples, I asked to be moved to a private table & they were not happy about that. Now I know to ask that at the hostess table to begin with. Although, once I was re-sat at a private table in the main mess hall, the room was FREEZING cold & I was glad to have brought my hoodie to put on while I was inside.

The falafel I ordered had way too much course salt on it, I did not care for the bread since it seemed stale & the vegetable curry I'd read good reviews about was pretty bland. My server was not into the jokes much either but she was polite so I was alright with it.

Anyway, not sure at this point if I want to give it another try or not after that experience..

I know this is the newest restaurant in Magic Kingdom. But would not recommend after eating there today. "Noodle bowl" was mostly tasteless broth (added 2-3 teaspoons of salt!!) with equally tasteless noodles. It should have been a delicious dish, but it wasn't. All entrees at Disney are expensive but this is the most I've ever paid for noodles and broth.
The employees were polite and seemed knowledgeable about the menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter