**June 2024 Check-in**

First trip to California and Disneyland. We are flying from Philadelphia into LAX non-stop.

Does anyone have an idea what the weather is like towards the end of June? Living on the east coast, I'm used to hot and humid weather with shorts and tank tops in June. I hear it might be cooler there but are we talking pants/jeans cooler or wear shorts and just bring a jacket for the evening?
I live in the south east and we went the first week of June last year and it was amazing. We wore shorts or leggings and Ts with a sweatshirt in the morning and evening. We are going later in June this year so I figure it will be hotter, but even with the heat, we didn't have to deal with humidity that we normally do in the south. The lack of humidity is A+.

Agreed on the lack of humidity. I still get hot/sweaty at Disneyland (especially in late summer/Fall.) But it isn't a stifling heat like in the summer in the midwest where I live. Or worse, in Florida. We refuse to ever go to WDW in the summer.

Any advice on this? We are now toying with possibly hopping over to Universal on our last day, which is our travel day. It doesn’t make much sense to Uber from Anaheim to USH then back to our hotel to grab our bags and head back to LAX…seems it would be like $150 round trip maybe more. Universal Orlando holds suitcases for you at Lost and Found but it seems Hollywood only has lockers but we only travel with full size suitcases.

Anyone see a different way or alternate to this? I see there’s some “suitcase drop off” places in Hollywood, has anyone ever used those? If not, we will just go back to doing things around Disneyland but I really wanted to see the 60th studio tour stuff and my beloved Waterworld.

Any advice on this? We are now toying with possibly hopping over to Universal on our last day, which is our travel day. It doesn’t make much sense to Uber from Anaheim to USH then back to our hotel to grab our bags and head back to LAX…seems it would be like $150 round trip maybe more. Universal Orlando holds suitcases for you at Lost and Found but it seems Hollywood only has lockers but we only travel with full size suitcases.

Anyone see a different way or alternate to this? I see there’s some “suitcase drop off” places in Hollywood, has anyone ever used those? If not, we will just go back to doing things around Disneyland but I really wanted to see the 60th studio tour stuff and my beloved Waterworld.

The only thing I could of would be to hire a car in Anaheim, drive to Universal, use the car to store the bags, then drive to LAX and then return the car at LAX.

Thats the thing with LA compared to Orlando. Universal is in Burbank, and Disney in Anaheim and the distance and travel time between the two is huge.

Most people dont stay in Anaheim and visit Universal, people do a 2 location trip, due to the distance.

We are making our very first trip to Disneyland EVER June 17-21. We are yearly WDW regulars but have never made it out to DL. I am SO excited. We're actually flying into Sacramento and doing a few days at Yosemite National Park and then driving down to DL and flying home out of LAX.

We're staying at GC b/c this is a "go big" trip for us. We have 3-day park hoppers with Genie+. I'm hoping to get in every single ride once and then hit our favorites a 2nd time. My 12yo is all about the rides and my 4yo is in her Princess era so I booked BBB :) She's also going to juuuust be 40inches so I'm thrilled that she can get on Big Thunder, Soarin, etc.

I have a few ADR reservations (got Trader Sam's) but we are more of "eat on the go quick service" family.

I really really want to catch some of the nighttime shows. My disney MO is to be up at the crack of dawn rope dropping so historically we've had a hard time making it to fireworks. But I really want to! I figure at least I can catch WoC from the Grand balcony with the music piped in?

Any recs for where to rent a stroller at DL? I like the services that drop them at your hotel at WDW but not sure what the equivalent is at DL..? Also is there a good grocery delivery service for bottled water, etc?

Any and all tips for this newbie DL family would be appreciated :)

Also, hello! First time posting :)

We are making our very first trip to Disneyland EVER June 17-21. We are yearly WDW regulars but have never made it out to DL. I am SO excited. We're actually flying into Sacramento and doing a few days at Yosemite National Park and then driving down to DL and flying home out of LAX.

We're staying at GC b/c this is a "go big" trip for us. We have 3-day park hoppers with Genie+. I'm hoping to get in every single ride once and then hit our favorites a 2nd time. My 12yo is all about the rides and my 4yo is in her Princess era so I booked BBB :) She's also going to juuuust be 40inches so I'm thrilled that she can get on Big Thunder, Soarin, etc.

I have a few ADR reservations (got Trader Sam's) but we are more of "eat on the go quick service" family.

I really really want to catch some of the nighttime shows. My disney MO is to be up at the crack of dawn rope dropping so historically we've had a hard time making it to fireworks. But I really want to! I figure at least I can catch WoC from the Grand balcony with the music piped in?

Any recs for where to rent a stroller at DL? I like the services that drop them at your hotel at WDW but not sure what the equivalent is at DL..? Also is there a good grocery delivery service for bottled water, etc?

Which dates will you be at the GC? I can add you to the first post of the thread if you'd like.

Not sure on stroller rental or grocery delivery so hopefully someone else will chime in!

ScooterBug is the official external stroller rental vendor for the DLR hotels. We have used them before when staying on site and it was a smooth experience. They drop off at the hotel, whether you are there or not, bell services holds the stroller, then you drop the stroller off at bell services when your trip is over. The prices are competitive. It is a very easy and seamless experience.

You can find the link to StrollerBug here by scrolling down: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/stroller-rental/.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter