January & February events?

Lisann

Thank you Walt
Isn't there something going on in January and/or February besides the marathons of which I should be mindful?

I want to schedule a mini vacay but I seem to remember something about "Jersey" week? Or President's week? Or am I totally confused? :confused3

I just want to make my reservations accordingly for the lowest-crowds days!

"Jersey Week" refers to the first full week in November when NJ schools close for 2 days for the teachers' convention--so a lot of families pull the kids out of school the rest of the week for a vacation.

I would assume the week around President's Day will be busier than the rest of the month. I believe, overall, January is considered one of the slowest times at Disney but the experts can correct me here.

Isn't there something going on in January and/or February besides the marathons of which I should be mindful?

I want to schedule a mini vacay but I seem to remember something about "Jersey" week? Or President's week? Or am I totally confused? :confused3

The two things that happen in January and February are huge foreign tours groups and cheerleaders. We went last February 5th to 11th and the huge tour groups were pretty much non existent at the time. They tend to be more common in January. But the cheerleaders were all over the place. They didn't cause much problem for us, since they didn't stay at our resort. But we did tend to run into them in MK in the evenings. The only time they bothered us was when a group of them were chatting in the row behind us during the POTC ride. But otherwise, they were fine. :)

I know I will be there Feb 5-9 for a Field Hockey tournament, over 180 teams will be there at this time. So, I would avoid those days. Hope this helped.:)

The National HS cheer competition and the World School cheer competition will both take place on Feb 8th and 9th 2014…
Will be there … :cheer2::cheer2:

Any event at ESPN will have effect on hotels (most notably the values and usually CBR or POR) but have limited effect in the parks. Early Feb is when we are going. We are stayng deluxe (35% RO helped) to avoid the little noisey screamerz...uh I mean...spirited young cheer groups! :lmao:

You are safe from Mardi Gras in 2014 - it isn't until March 4, 2014. Last year it was early on February 12, before the President's Day rush and the parks were crazy mobbed. Mardi Gras brought in a lot of people compared to the year before at the same time. :eek:

Isn't there a half marathon on Martin Luther King birthday weekend? Around the 15th or 18th of January?

We always go at the end of Jan/beginning of Feb and it's typically a quiet time. The only crowds we encounter are the foreign tours, but they can't really be avoided during that time. We just head in the opposite direction when we see those flags ;)

MLK weekend can get quite busy.... but it tends to drop off later in the week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter