Its Tough To Be A Bug Scary

We took DD on ITTBAB when she was 8 and found out then that she has a serious spider phobia (never knew before). She wigged out when the huge spiders descended from the ceiling. She is 18 now and still won't go near the show.

The effects and visuals are pretty intense, especially for little ones or people who are creeped out by bugs. There have been at least one or two crying, screaming kids at each show we have ever been to.
Absolutely the same experience with us! 8 year old loved ToT, Space Mountain, Expedition Everest, etc. Saw ITTBAB and discovered she has a massive fear of spiders. Never would have guessed she would end up in tears there!

Spiders.

We went in this attraction the one time we went as a family when I was about 12. Scared the bejeezus out of me. When DF and I went to AK for the first time last year, I went in knowing they would be there, but wanting him to get to experience a new-to-him attraction. At nearly 30 years old, I still had to close my eyes and hunch down in my seat for the spider part. Arachnophobia is a very common phobia, and is often quite intense.

I've never really been able to figure that out myself. It's got some moments that are jumpy but I wouldn't call it scary. Not any more than I call Haunted Mansion scary.

But you aren't afraid of bugs. And, you are an adult. Some (many? Most?) kids aren't afraid of bugs and aren't bothered by the attraction. But the way the attraction is presented could be downright terrifying to a small kid who is scared of bugs and can't quite always distinguish fantasy from reality just yet (after all, how many little girls think they just met the REAL Cinderella)?

I don't really think it's that hard to see why a person with a fear of bugs may be afraid of this attraction. People are afraid of a lot of things...bugs, snakes, and heights are the most common I can think of. And fear isn't always rational, either. Just because there isn't a reason to be afraid doesn't mean fear won't exist. If you expose a person to his/her fear, he/she will be afraid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter