It's My Birthday & I'll Disney if I Wanna! ~ A Dec 2015 PTR - COMPLETE!

Congratulations, Billie! 15 pounds is a great accomplishment especially during the holiday season. :cool1: :goodvibes
Thanks! I consider it a WIN! :thumbsup2

1) A - Yay for 11 months!!!!
B - OMG, I love that you used Cory and Shawn! Very appropriate celebrating (I'm a big Boy Meets World fan)

2) Yay!! That's a great way to start off the year. Hopefully you'll keep losing the weight and you'll reach your goal by trip time!
Oh, I'm so glad you appreciated the Boy Meets World reference! :laughing:

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for 11 months and :yay::yay::yay::yay: on the weight loss. Keep it up.
Thanks for the support, Kathy! :goodvibes

Happy new year Billie! Ok, I'm a few days late, but it's still " new" right? Ha!

How did you like Into The Woods? I haven't seen it yet, but want to.

Big congrats on the weight loss!! Awesome!!!! I was doing really well ( lost 5 ) before Christmas but it somehow found me again, so I'm back at it again.

Yea on only 11 months to go!! Less than a year is awesome :) we have 3 months till Disneyland and I'm trying not to think about it too much or I'll drive myself crazy! I really wish the disneyland boards were as fun as the DW boards :(.

Have a great day!

CONGRATS on your 15 pounds!!! That is HUGE!!! I am so proud of you... In case you were wondering I found your 15 pounds----- and would like to return it.... :lmao:

glad you had a quiet new years! Like you i am not a huge fan of the holiday it's an amateur night.. No thanks, I will stay SAFE in my home!!!

Congrats on the weightloss!! :)
Thanks!! I hope I can keep it going!! :goodvibes

Happy new year Billie! Ok, I'm a few days late, but it's still " new" right? Ha!

How did you like Into The Woods? I haven't seen it yet, but want to.

Big congrats on the weight loss!! Awesome!!!! I was doing really well ( lost 5 ) before Christmas but it somehow found me again, so I'm back at it again.

Yea on only 11 months to go!! Less than a year is awesome :) we have 3 months till Disneyland and I'm trying not to think about it too much or I'll drive myself crazy! I really wish the disneyland boards were as fun as the DW boards :(.

Have a great day!
Into the Woods was good, IF you like musicals, particularly Sondheim. I think most people don't really "get" him sometimes. The film is an excellent adaptation of the play, though! :thumbsup2

I'm jealous of your DL trip! I'm planning that one for December of 2020. (Yes, I plan my vacations that far in advance! :laughing: )

CONGRATS on your 15 pounds!!! That is HUGE!!! I am so proud of you... In case you were wondering I found your 15 pounds----- and would like to return it.... :lmao:

glad you had a quiet new years! Like you i am not a huge fan of the holiday it's an amateur night.. No thanks, I will stay SAFE in my home!!!
My fat has a "No Returns or Exchanges" policy. Sorry, girl! :lmao:

:cheer2: CONGRATS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS.... That is such a huge accomplishment! :yay:

I just found your board, and was wondering since you are going for your birthday and you are a travel agent. Do you do/know anything special for birthdays? This is our familys 1st trip and we are going for our daughters 5th birthday. You definitely are Mickey approved :thumbsup2 with knowledge and I figured I would ask.

I sure hope your planning and your trip with your family goes well! Wishing you the best of health too!

:cheer2: CONGRATS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS.... That is such a huge accomplishment! :yay:

I just found your board, and was wondering since you are going for your birthday and you are a travel agent. Do you do/know anything special for birthdays? This is our familys 1st trip and we are going for our daughters 5th birthday. You definitely are Mickey approved :thumbsup2 with knowledge and I figured I would ask.

I sure hope your planning and your trip with your family goes well! Wishing you the best of health too!
And congratulations on your family's first trip!! How exciting!! :yay:

Birthdays at Disney are the BEST birthdays!!! When you booked your resort, did you ask them to note your daughter's birthday on the booking? If so, she'll get a "It's My Birthday!" button, and every cast member that sees it will point it out. Some will make a bigger deal than others. It's super-fun! (You can also have any "It's My First Trip!" celebrations noted on your booking as well, and those people will get buttons!) :thumbsup2

Also make sure you have the birthday celebration noted on any ADRs that you make. While it's not guaranteed (I think has a lot to do with your server and how busy the restaurant is), most places will do a little something to acknowledge your daughters birthday. At Chef Mickey's they brought me out an adorable cupcake with a lit candle. At Sci-Fi and Le Cellier, on my dessert plate they wrote "Happy Birthday!" around the edges in chocolate. Things like that. :goodvibes

While this isn't guaranteed, on the monorail, if you nicely explain to a CM on the platform that it's your daughter's birthday and is there aaaaaanyway at all to be allowed to ride up-front, sometime that can happen. I think kids still get a "Co-Pilot" certificate when this happens, but I could be wrong. :scratchin

That's it for "free" stuff that I can think of. There's also the option of doing an in-room celebration, where Disney's floral department will come and decorate your room, based on the package you purchase. You can find out more about that here: http://disneyworld.disneyfloralandgifts.com/category/in-room+celebrations.do

Any of ya'll have any other suggestions for her? :cutie:

And congratulations on your family's first trip!! How exciting!! :yay:

Birthdays at Disney are the BEST birthdays!!! When you booked your resort, did you ask them to note your daughter's birthday on the booking? If so, she'll get a "It's My Birthday!" button, and every cast member that sees it will point it out. Some will make a bigger deal than others. It's super-fun! (You can also have any "It's My First Trip!" celebrations noted on your booking as well, and those people will get buttons!) :thumbsup2

Also make sure you have the birthday celebration noted on any ADRs that you make. While it's not guaranteed (I think has a lot to do with your server and how busy the restaurant is), most places will do a little something to acknowledge your daughters birthday. At Chef Mickey's they brought me out an adorable cupcake with a lit candle. At Sci-Fi and Le Cellier, on my dessert plate they wrote "Happy Birthday!" around the edges in chocolate. Things like that. :goodvibes

While this isn't guaranteed, on the monorail, if you nicely explain to a CM on the platform that it's your daughter's birthday and is there aaaaaanyway at all to be allowed to ride up-front, sometime that can happen. I think kids still get a "Co-Pilot" certificate when this happens, but I could be wrong. :scratchin

That's it for "free" stuff that I can think of. There's also the option of doing an in-room celebration, where Disney's floral department will come and decorate your room, based on the package you purchase. You can find out more about that here: http://disneyworld.disneyfloralandgifts.com/category/in-room+celebrations.do

Any of ya'll have any other suggestions for her? :cutie:

Thank you for all of that! I appreciate it. I just want to make sure I can catch all the pixie dust for her that I can. ;)

Are you kidding i just did our HUGE Birthday surprise trip!!!
This is true! daynaw28, if you want birthday trip advice, Chicago Mo here is your girl! She just pulled off a ridiculously awesome birthday trip in September for her 10-year-old triplets!

109 days until Park Hours! :upsidedow
146 days until ADRs! :thumbsup2
266 days until FP+! :cutie:
326 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

Time for the final installment in my series of Must-Do's in each theme park! Today we're off to Animal Kingdom!

Key:
Pink = For Me! I may be flying solo on these.
Aqua = For Them! Things I would normally skip, but think my aunt & uncle will like.
Violet = For All! Stuff we all three should enjoy.
* = Something I've never done.

Animal Kingdom Must Do's

Attractions
Expedition Everest
Dinosaur
Kali River Rapids

Kilimanjaro Safaris
Maharajah Jungle Trek
Pangani Forest Exploration Trail
Oasis Gardens
It's Tough to Be a Bug
Discovery Island Trails
Conservation Station - Rafiki's Planet Watch

Entertainment
Finding Nemo: The Musical *
Festival of the Lion King
Flights of Wonder *

Character Meets
Russell & Dug (Especially Dug... I love Dug!) *
Chip & Dale
Pooh & Tigger

Food & Beverage
Tamu Tamu Refreshments for a Dole Whip with Coconut Rum
Cupcake from Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery

Lunch at Flame Tree BBQ

You have never done the Nemo show? I think you will love it (I did my pictures on that in an update...two or three updates ago). It is a great show!

I'd be sitting with your Aunt and Uncle while you rode EE. :lmao::lmao:

I've never seen Finding Nemo either - almost did last trip, but we weren't feeling up to it.

I just saw Up for the first time a few weeks ago ... Dug is so super cute! Totally don't blame you for wanting to see him!

Less than 150 days to ADRs!

Lovin the plans!
I haven't done the flights either so i am excited to hear how you liked that!

(shh we haven't done Nemo either)

You have never done the Nemo show? I think you will love it (I did my pictures on that in an update...two or three updates ago). It is a great show!

I'd be sitting with your Aunt and Uncle while you rode EE. :lmao::lmao:
Nope! Never done Nemo! And I'll only do it this time if they really want to do it. And even so, I may very well send them to go see the show while I head over to ride Dinosaur since I know that my aunt can't handle that one. I'm just averse to the Nemo show for some inexplicable reason. (And I know this is going to sound nuts but... There's just something about those fish puppets that I find unsettling. :lmao: )

That's fine, ya'll sit out EE together! More Single Rider Line awesomeness for me! :rotfl2:

I've never seen Finding Nemo either - almost did last trip, but we weren't feeling up to it.

I just saw Up for the first time a few weeks ago ... Dug is so super cute! Totally don't blame you for wanting to see him!

Less than 150 days to ADRs!
I missed Festival of the Lion King on my last trip too for the same reason, which was a total bummer, since I LOVE the show and haven't seen the new theater yet. Since I missed it last year, it's a TOP priority for this year! :thumbsup2

Dug is just the best. SQUIRREL!!!!!!!!

Lovin the plans!
I haven't done the flights either so i am excited to hear how you liked that!

(shh we haven't done Nemo either)
Flights of Wonder was another one that I told myself I was going to do in September. Between the rain and just not feeling well on my AK day, it was the one park that I wasn't able to get everything done that I wanted to. So now I gots me some Animal Kingdom GOALS for this trip! :goodvibes

I realize I am a couple months late to the party, but here I am! I am planning our holiday extravaganza as we speak. My DD8 is already sick of me talking about it so I will share along with you if that is ok!

I realize I am a couple months late to the party, but here I am! I am planning our holiday extravaganza as we speak. My DD8 is already sick of me talking about it so I will share along with you if that is ok!
Welcome! :hug: Have you considered starting up your own PTR? It's a great way to expend some of that excess planning energy so you don't drive your friends and family crazy! :lmao:

Just wanted to pop in and say hi Billie!! How's the planning going?? I hope you're not in the mess of snow going on back East. Any new pre-trip excitement going on??

We've got less than 90 days until our DLR trip and I'm so excited, we are doing a split stay at PP and the DL hotel, 2 nights each!!! That's a first for us :)

Hope all's well!

Kelly

Just wanted to pop in and say hi Billie!! How's the planning going?? I hope you're not in the mess of snow going on back East. Any new pre-trip excitement going on??

We've got less than 90 days until our DLR trip and I'm so excited, we are doing a split stay at PP and the DL hotel, 2 nights each!!! That's a first for us :)

Hope all's well!

Kelly
Hi, Kelly! :hug: Thanks for thinking of me! I know it's been a couple weeks since I did an update, but sadly at this point, I'm out of things to update about! Now it's just a matter of biding my time until the park hours come out sometime in May. :surfweb:

Life has been a little crazy too. I usually do most of my DISing at work during downtime, but there's been very little of that since the beginning of the year.

Maybe I'll do a "Must Do's" list for Downtown Disney, just so I have something to update about? :scratchin I do have a few things there that I definitely want to hit this time! :thumbsup2

How EXCITING about your DLR trip, omg omg omg! Less than 90 days?! That's going to fly by for you, girl! I hope you'll come back with a full report! A trip to DLR is on my wishlist for my 40th birthday (not until December 2020)! :goodvibes

90 days until Park Hours! :upsidedow
120 days until ADRs! :thumbsup2
240 days until FP+! :cutie:
300 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

Long time, no update, right? Sadly, I'm just at a point where I can't really DO much else for the trip except for ponder ADRs and switching resorts, and general daydreaming. :cloud9:

I have made some adjustments to the original ADR schedule that I scanned and posted a couple months ago. But at this point, it's really all just theoretical plans, at least for the next 3 months until I can get my hands on some park hours. :surfweb:

Speaking of park hours, for anybody who is wondering, no I don't know the exact date when park hours for December 2015 will be released. What I do know, however, is that they are updated typically anytime between the 1st and 15th of every month, and are released no more than 7 months out. That puts the December hours being posted sometime during the first two weeks of May. So for my countdown above, currently at 90 days, I selected the date of May 7th, right in the middle. So I may get them at 84 days from now, or 97 days from now. It's just an approximate. :thumbsup2

How is everybody adjusting the the new boards? I have to tell you, it's been a bit off-putting for me. Don't get me wrong, I totally 100% understand the need for newer, faster, more efficient technology. And I support it! I'm just really funny when it comes to change... I don't adjust well at first. It takes me time to warm up to big changes to anything in my life, both on and offline. So I pretty much avoided the boards for most of the last week. Yesterday I started puttering around on them a bit more, getting the December 2015 updated (I started it, so I'm the only one who can edit the "Roll Call" list of people going that month), and posting randomly here and there. However, what I'm writing right now is my first "real" post of any weight. So far so good! There's definitely things I miss about the old boards, but also quite a few things that I'm liking better. It'll just take time, I guess. :goodvibes

As previously mentioned, I think I am going to do one more color-coded "Must Do's" list, this time for Downtown Disney. There's certainly things there I want to make sure I don't skip this time, and it'll give me something to think/write about while I wait for the park hours. In fact, maybe I'll even do a list for our day over at Universal, too. Hmm! :scratchin

One last thing... I've been tossing around the idea of DisneyBounding. I see such cute outfits in other's TRs! I'm just... Ugh. Okay, two reasons I'm hesitant: (1) Finding things in my size is not only a nightmare, but typically very expensive, and I'd rather save that money I would spend and use it at the parks. (2) Usually anytime I allow myself start something like this, I go totally freakin' OVERBOARD. Once I set my mind so doing it, I wouldn't be happy unless the outfit is 100% perfection... and again, perfection is expensive! Not to mention, again knowing how I am, I wouldn't be happy doing it for just one or two days... I would end up feeling the need to put something spectacular together EVERY SINGLE DAY. I would just get totally out of control. :rotfl:

Now, all that being said... I'm not usually a dress/skirts girl. But. I did find this, and it comes in sizes S-XXXL, and I kinda love it, so I'm thinking with some black leggings it might actually be a fun and comfortable thing to wear on our Hollywood Studios day...

vader dress.jpg

And while it's not exactly DisneyBounding, it DID get me to thinking that maybe if I could just find a fun cotton dress or a t-shirt to wear that's appropriate for each day/place we're going, that could maybe be more affordable and still something kinda fun I've never done before... What do you think, ladies? :cutie:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter