It's My Birthday & I'll Disney if I Wanna! ~ A Dec 2015 PTR - COMPLETE!

I have inner ear trouble, so I don't want to take chances. When we did Mission: Space (The green side), I was wiped out for awhile. I won't be doing that one again.

We didn't do the magic carpets, dumbo, astro orbiter, or dino spin. I'm sure you all will be fine!
Oh yes, you definitely have it worse than I do. :hug: I can do Mission: Space green, and really enjoy it. Definitely no orange, though... I made that mistake once and only once. NEVER again. :crazy2:

Sounds like some great fun plans. My planning will take more full force after Christmas. We've got dates and hotel that's about it. I printed this year’s hours so I'll have them when I'm ready to start my plans. I've just got so much to do & they have blocked so much stuff at work now that it's limiting my Disney planning :faint: I can still see& read disboards but not the pictures attached to them and I can’t post a reply. I Imagine they want us to do work at work :lmao:

Congrats on your weight loss. I've got to get back serious about mine. Our trip is in 345 days away & I need to lose 75lbs. I'll also turn 35 next year it will just be in April.
Hahaha, I can relate to this. The bulk of my DISing is done during downtime at work. Shhhhhhh. :rotfl2:

I've pretty much given up on the weightloss for the time being. I haven't lost any more, but haven't gained any back either. And considering I've so far survived Halloween candy, Thanksgiving, Birthday cake, and am now staring down Christmas dinner and treats, as well as our New Years Day fish fry... I figure I'm still winning. :rotfl: :thumbsup2 I'll get serious again on Jan. 2nd!

Awesome list! (Although you couldn't pay me to do Mission:Space - the claustrophobia thing knocks it off my list).
I've never done's Ellen Energy Adventure either - I don't have any interest in it, but hopefully you guys will enjoy it.

Epcot Character Spot is a really great character greeting areas - although I wish Mickey and Minnie met together!

Ice cream Martini ... sounds like heaven in a glass. Yum ...
You know, it's funny, I'm pretty claustrophobic too. When they first close the capsule, I have a moment of panic, but it subsides. I think it's because I'm at Disney and I know I'm safe. I wager that if they put me in a contraption like that anywhere else, I'd completely flip out. :lmao:

I did the Epcot Character Spot for the first time in September (with a FastPass) and I loved it!!! I really liked being able to get character photos in their "classic" outfits.

That ice cream martini DOES sound amazing, doesn't it? I wanted one on my last trip, but I made a point to only hit Food & Wine booths, since those won't be around next time I go. (So I "settled" for super delicious passion fruit & Grey Goose vodka martini slushie instead!) :goodvibes

Great list of must-dos in Epcot. I hope you do the Candlelight Processional. We loved it last year (except for the fainting choir members).

Great list of must-dos in Epcot. I hope you do the Candlelight Processional. We loved it last year (except for the fainting choir members).
I hope we do too! For me, a lot of my interest level will depend on who the narrator is on the dates we'll be in Epcot, so it's definitely still pending. I also don't want to spend 2 DDP credits on the CP Dining Package, so I'm concerned about how difficult it will be to get seating. And I'm not so sure that I want to arrive hours ahead of time for it, so maybe I should list this as a "Might Do. Maybe. Really Hoping It Works Out, Though!" category. :p

I love your countdowns to everything. I just figured mine - I'm only 65 days away from my ADR date! I have a list of potentials, just need to sit down with the wife and decide. Thankfully our moms (who are joining us next year) don't care. Mine even said, 'I'll come on the trip with you but I don't want to plan anything, just tell me where to go.' LOL.

(I also do still want to write my trip report, work and kids stuff has just been crazy these last few months. I'm determined to at least make a big dent in it over the holiday break. I have notes, I just need to write!)

Ellen's Energy Adventure isn't that exciting, but I'm of the belief that everything is worth trying once. I can't believe you usually skip Living With the Land, though. I love that one and do it every trip.

Found your PTR through the December 2015 post! Can't wait to catch up on your PTR and see all you have in store for your trip! We'll be at Disney Dec. 1st-6th and I CAN'T WAIT!!! Next December is just too far away!

I fully plan on starting a PTR, but haven't yet! Wasn't sure if it was too early... even though I've been planning everything out for a month now! The next few weeks will be crazy due to the holidays and out of town family members coming, but I'm thinking once things settle down I'll get started on my own PTR. I'm sure yours will get me motivated to start!

I love your countdowns to everything. I just figured mine - I'm only 65 days away from my ADR date! I have a list of potentials, just need to sit down with the wife and decide. Thankfully our moms (who are joining us next year) don't care. Mine even said, 'I'll come on the trip with you but I don't want to plan anything, just tell me where to go.' LOL.
Hahaha, my aunt has pretty much said the same thing. And when there was some question over if the dates I chose would work for them, and I offered to completely plan a seperate trip for them to go on their own, she was like "NO. We are going with YOU, because we want to just follow YOU around since clearly YOU know how to do Disney right!" I was much amused and flattered. :rotfl: I'm definitely going to take notes for the next one!!!

(I also do still want to write my trip report, work and kids stuff has just been crazy these last few months. I'm determined to at least make a big dent in it over the holiday break. I have notes, I just need to write!)
See, you're smart, you made notes. My "notes" were just my photographs. I churned out my TR as quickly as I did to try and get it all out before I started to forget. And honestly, I feel like if you were to compare the first days of the report to the last days, you might notice a significant difference in the level of detail I put in. So much of my memory was starting to fade so fast! Like there was this super tall, super hot Australian CM that I ran into twice on my last day and kept getting all googly-eyed over, but I never mentioned him in my TR because by the time I got to that point in it, I'd forgotten his name and was embarrassed. :lmao:

Ellen's Energy Adventure isn't that exciting, but I'm of the belief that everything is worth trying once. I can't believe you usually skip Living With the Land, though. I love that one and do it every trip.
I only want to do it because (1) I love Ellen, and (2) I've never done it so it needs to get crossed off the list! :thumbsup2 I actually attempted to do it on my last trip, after riding Test Track and Mission: Space. This was during early EMH though, and it wasn't open yet, so I just moved on, and forgot to go back later in the day. Doh! :headache:

Found your PTR through the December 2015 post! Can't wait to catch up on your PTR and see all you have in store for your trip! We'll be at Disney Dec. 1st-6th and I CAN'T WAIT!!! Next December is just too far away!
Yay! Welcome to my PTR party, Annie! :hug: I feel you on the long wait... That's why this PTR is here, to while away the days until next December! :thumbsup2

I fully plan on starting a PTR, but haven't yet! Wasn't sure if it was too early... even though I've been planning everything out for a month now! The next few weeks will be crazy due to the holidays and out of town family members coming, but I'm thinking once things settle down I'll get started on my own PTR. I'm sure yours will get me motivated to start!
I started this PTR the day after getting back from my last trip, in September. Anything to stave off those dreaded post-Disney World blues! Let me know when you start yours, I'll happily join in! :goodvibes

And that means you are right ahead of us! We are at the 91 day mark for our ADR's!

EEEK, I think about them all the time even after they are booked. I'm thankful for an easy parent who will go along with what I say! :laughing:

If I don't get a chance to check in this week, just wanted to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas! Hope everyone has lots of magical moments ! :)

And that means you are right ahead of us! We are at the 91 day mark for our ADR's!

EEEK, I think about them all the time even after they are booked. I'm thankful for an easy parent who will go along with what I say! :laughing:
I'm suuuuuuper OCD about my ADRs. My co-worker makes fun of me all the time for it. I will spend months narrowing them down, picking out just the right ones, then am online right at 6am on ADR day grabbing my final choices. That's followed by 3-4 months of changing them around and around. :rotfl: Usually somewhere around 6-8 weeks before the trip, I finally settle down and find myself content with my ADRs. I'm neurotic. :rotfl2:

Hi i am still following along.. Just been crazy!!! :cheer2:
Hi, Mo!!! Same goes for your TR! I promise to get caught up again soon!!! ::yes::

If I don't get a chance to check in this week, just wanted to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas! Hope everyone has lots of magical moments ! :)
Aww, thank you VERY much!!! And likewise, happy holidays to you and yours!!! :hug:

I'm suuuuuuper OCD about my ADRs. My co-worker makes fun of me all the time for it. I will spend months narrowing them down, picking out just the right ones, then am online right at 6am on ADR day grabbing my final choices. That's followed by 3-4 months of changing them around and around. :rotfl: Usually somewhere around 6-8 weeks before the trip, I finally settle down and find myself content with my ADRs. I'm neurotic. :rotfl2:

Me too! :rotfl2: I had told myself over and over again that we will eat at new places this time, but I have my old standby's like Raglan Road and Kona Café for breakfast! We're going for a bit longer so we have more time try new places.

I'd love to do one signature dinner at California Grill. We ate at Citricos this fall, but I changed that on a whim and that was not a great decision. Don't get me wrong, the food wasn't bad but I just think the CG would have been more magical.;)

I'm also slightly neurotic about FP+ too. ::yes::

Me too! :rotfl2: I had told myself over and over again that we will eat at new places this time, but I have my old standby's like Raglan Road and Kona Café for breakfast! We're going for a bit longer so we have more time try new places.

I'd love to do one signature dinner at California Grill. We ate at Citricos this fall, but I changed that on a whim and that was not a great decision. Don't get me wrong, the food wasn't bad but I just think the CG would have been more magical.;)

I'm also slightly neurotic about FP+ too. ::yes::
I sooooooo relate to this!!! :lmao: On my next trip, it's looking like all but one of my ADRs are going to be places I've eaten before. But that's okay. A few of them are ones I haven't done in YEARS, so it will almost feel like new. And they'll ALL be new for my aunt and uncle, which will be fun. :goodvibes

166 days until ADRs! :thumbsup2
286 days until FP+! :cutie:
346 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug: Here's some more of my must-do's in each park! Today we're on to Hollywood Studios!

Key:
Pink = For Me! I may be flying solo on these.
Aqua = For Them! Things I would normally skip, but think my aunt & uncle will like.
Violet = For All! Stuff we all three should enjoy.
* = Something I've never done.

Hollywood Studios Must Do's

Attractions
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster featuring Aerosmith
Star Tours - The Adventures Continue

The Magic of Disney Animation
Great Movie Ride
Muppet Vision 3D
Toy Story Midway Mania
The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights

Entertainment
Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show!
Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage
Fantasmic!

Character Meets
Sorcerer Mickey
Woody & Buzz Lightyear *

Food & Beverage
Turkey Leg
Starring Rolls - Cupcake time, woo!

166 days until ADRs! :thumbsup2
286 days until FP+! :cutie:
346 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug: Here's some more of my must-do's in each park! Today we're on to Hollywood Studios!

Key:
Pink = For Me! I may be flying solo on these.
Aqua = For Them! Things I would normally skip, but think my aunt & uncle will like.
Violet = For All! Stuff we all three should enjoy.
* = Something I've never done.

Hollywood Studios Must Do's

Attractions
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster featuring Aerosmith
Star Tours - The Adventures Continue

The Magic of Disney Animation
Great Movie Ride
Muppet Vision 3D
Toy Story Midway Mania
The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights

Entertainment
Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show!
Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage
Fantasmic!

Character Meets
Sorcerer Mickey
Woody & Buzz Lightyear

Food & Beverage
Turkey Leg
Starring Rolls - Cupcake time, woo!

Great plans for the Studios. You ought to inclue One Man's Story...the story and movie about Walt.

Great plans for the Studios. You ought to inclue One Man's Story...the story and movie about Walt.
I'm going to propose that to them once we're in the park. While I love it, I've also done it so many times that I don't need to do it again. And I'm not entirely sure how interested they are in they life and history of Walt Disney. :thumbsup2

Great list! Although I noticed nothing new on that list ... I guess you've done everything there is to do at HS (not that there's so much to do).

Have you ever met Mr. Incredible and Frozone at HS? They're probably my favorite character meet at HS - always hysterical. I highly recommend them.

Great list! Although I noticed nothing new on that list ... I guess you've done everything there is to do at HS (not that there's so much to do).

Have you ever met Mr. Incredible and Frozone at HS? They're probably my favorite character meet at HS - always hysterical. I highly recommend them.
Actually, I've never done the Woody & Buzz meet there, I just forgot to Star it. :eek: Thanks for catching that!

I've met Mr. Incredible but not Frozone. Hmmm! I may need to add this! :thumbsup2

Actually, I've never done the Woody & Buzz meet there, I just forgot to Star it. :eek: Thanks for catching that!

I've met Mr. Incredible but not Frozone. Hmmm! I may need to add this! :thumbsup2

Best advice I can give you for Woody and Buzz - have your camera out from the minute you walk into the building. There are a ton of cute photo-ops along the line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter