It's My Birthday & I'll Disney if I Wanna! ~ A Dec 2015 PTR - COMPLETE!

Oh man. Mo, somehow I KNEW you were going to call me out on that! I thought after I posted the first version on Monday, and you didn't say anything, that perhaps I gotten away with it. :sad2: You and your sharp eyes! Yes, you're correct, I've omitted Figment as a must-do for the time being. He's going to be more of a "If we end up with extra time" guy. I've just had to think about what I expect that my aunt & uncle will be more into, and I'm really worried that we're not going to have enough time in Epcot to really explore World Showcase the way I would like for them to be able to. So I had to make some hard cuts in Future World, based on what I think they will enjoy the most. :sad1: I am crossing my fingers that we will end up having time for him during EMH on our last night, though!

giphy.gif

66d5055f48de118e9e369344cd67ea5d.gif

What kind of princess tiara wearing, pants boycotting group are you starting over here, young lady? And can I say, I'm so happy to be part of it! ::yes:::lmao:princess:
Mascot?

mascot.jpg

(I'm so productive at the office. Workin' HARD on this Friday!)

Holy spreadsheet batman!!!! My unplanner self really isn't even quite sure what to do with it ; ) Wait, of course I do offer unsolicited opinions:
This is the most detailed planning I've ever done. It's kinda breaking my brain. Opinions are welcome! :thumbsup2

- Do you need a FP for Philaharmagic? Maybe they do something special on MVMCP days that I'm not aware of, but I'd never had to wait more than one show perfore. You may be better off using your FP for Pooh
You might be spot-on for this. The thing is trying to squeeze in 3 FPs, before 7pm. I made the preferred order to hit things in a logical way, then picked things to use our FPs so we can get through the order even faster. I'm going to ponder over this more! ::yes::

- If you're not really interested in character spot, spaceship earth may be a good choice.
The problem with Spaceship Earth is again the foot pathing. Spaceship Earth means going allllll the way back down to the entrance, then back up to the Land and Seas pavilion. Where as the Character Spot is right there. And I don't have any character meals with Minnie, and we do have Memory Maker and want to get the most out of it, so it wouldn't kill us to stop there for cute pictures if time permits. :goodvibes

- On your AK day you may be better off using a FP for the safari or actual EE FP's vice tough to be a bug as I've never seen a wait at the ladder.
This another one where I didn't pick Tough to Be a Bug because of an expected long wait, so much as nothing else worth using it on. Heading straight to Kilimanjaro Safari at rope drop completely eliminates the need for a FP. As does the Single Rider line at EE, and my uncle may or may not join me... if he does, we're content to ride separately. Since I can use those tricks to eliminate the wait time for those two rides, it feels silly to burn up a FP on them. May as well assign it elsewhere later in the day and possibly save us just that much more time. :thumbsup2

- Just have to get in my jealousy for seeing Pirates here as it was closed on our last trip and will be on our next too.
I'm pretty excited, since my Pirate ride got ruined in April. I think my aunt & uncle will enjoy it, too! :goodvibes

And just a clarification is your uncle participating in the face painting too ; )
Ha! Probably not! I wish my aunt would, but she's probably allergic to the make-up they use. So it looks like the facepainting is all me again! :cutie:

:scared: :scared: :scared:

:rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

Ah Yes this is a great question :smooth:
Unlikely! :laughing:

Last edited:

No facepaining in MK??

Carrie-Bradshaw-What.gif
Sadly, you are correct. The facepainting people in MK are waaaaaaay over in Tomorrowland, next to Space Mountain. Looking at our touring plan, we're not going to be anywhere remotely close to it until after fireworks. At that point in the night, it's just not worth it. I can only justify the $20 price tag if I am able to get it done relatively near to the beginning of the day. :sad2: If it were just me, solo and on my wheels, I would happily make the detour upon park arrival. But I'm not going to ask my aunt & uncle to hoof it all the way over there for me, or to sit and wait while I go get it done.

I'm okay with it, though. In September, I got my face painted at MK and HS. In April, it was MK and AK. So for this next trip, I'm shooting for Epcot, AK, and HS. (Gotta keep mixin' it up, you know!) :cutie:

I love your plans and it's great that you are trying to minimize the criss crossing....

by all means, pick it apart for me!

Well I'm no expert. But the only thing that I saw that I found surprising was that you didn't FP+ the safari at AK? Is that because you don't expect a line if you hit it early?

I love your plans and it's great that you are trying to minimize the criss crossing....

Well I'm no expert. But the only thing that I saw that I found surprising was that you didn't FP+ the safari at AK? Is that because you don't expect a line if you hit it early?
Exaaaactly! Bee-line it there at rope drop and beat the crowd! :thumbsup2

I like your plan of grouping attractions together. We did this in June and it worked well for us.

Love the mascot, though I propose we amend the club charter to declare shoes evil and banned as well...(at least all the uncomfy ones, lol).

Love the mascot, though I propose we amend the club charter to declare shoes evil and banned as well...(at least all the uncomfy ones, lol).

Yes!
Slippers should be the only allowed shoes (barefoot also allowed).
Do we need to put this to a vote or can it be accepted without one?

I like your plan of grouping attractions together. We did this in June and it worked well for us.

I pretty much hate shoes, too. I'm totally on-board. ::yes::

Yes!
Slippers should be the only allowed shoes (barefoot also allowed).
Do we need to put this to a vote or can it be accepted without one?
CHANGE APPROVED! :thumbsup2

I agree, no shoes!
Hear, hear! :goodvibes

No shoes is fine by me too, as long as the weather is suitable of course. All the better to show off our pretty princess pedicures!
Yasss! I've already been googling, looking for inspiration of how I want to get my toes did for my trip! :cutie:

77 days until FP+! :cutie:
137 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

Just checking in with my weekly update. Not a whole lot to talk about this week. I did chat with my aunt and uncle a bit last night, mainly just answering some of their questions. :goodvibes

I also talked to them about the fact that I booked us 8 ADRs but we only have 7 dining credits, and then explained about the Landry's Club card and how it works. Between the welcome bonus and the bonus I will get for my birthday, that's $50 to apply to our meal at T-Rex. My uncle's birthday also falls in December (the 26th), so if he signs up for one too, then between the two of us, we will have $100 to put towards dinner. So that's what we're going to do! :thumbsup2

They're actually going to be here in town this week for this my Grandfather's birthday, so I will get to visit with them a bit. I'll try to grab pictures, if I can! ::yes::

UBVE6ZGaZDX7a.gif

Also, still no word regarding the Candlelight Processional narrator for December 10. >:(

The only other thing I can think to post is the most recent revision of the touring plan. I moved around a couple things, cut out a couple things, and added in approximate times for the shows we want to catch, as well as the FP+ times I'm going to shoot for. (Note: The times that I've indicated in red for the FP+ selections represents the ideal time for our window to OPEN, not necessarily the time I plan on us using it. In some cases I'm intending on using the FP+ later in the hour window.) :D

TP%20v3%20DIS.jpg

Feel free to tear it apart some more. Ya'll have offered up some awesome suggestions! :thumbsup2

I know I'm a million years behind all of your threads... Thanks for not abandoning me, ya'll! :hug:

Love your plan for T-Rex. I had no idea you got a $25 card for birthdays too. We'll likely hit up Yak n Yeti next trip and since next month also marks the national holiday that is the occasion of my birth, that means we may have $50 to apply, aka lots more beer for me! Thanks for the tip!

Love the mascot pic :cutie: I'm in with no shoes, totally. I love shoes but I seem to like them better in my closet than on my feet!

I like your touring plans, jealous that you get to be there at Christmas time, I would love to do that someday. The Osborne lights look fantastical! ( from what I've seen on YouTube, ha! :teeth:)

I think the plans look great! :thumbsup2 I feel like I'm in that waiting period for my trip too. This part of the wait seems the longest to me - that big stretch between ADRs and FP+ just seems to drag.

It sounds like you have a fun week planned! Did you decided for sure on a LM room at AOA? I thought you were thinking of a suite at some point?

Love your plan for T-Rex. I had no idea you got a $25 card for birthdays too. We'll likely hit up Yak n Yeti next trip and since next month also marks the national holiday that is the occasion of my birth, that means we may have $50 to apply, aka lots more beer for me! Thanks for the tip!
Yep, they add $25 to your card on the 1st day of your birth month! And you have until the 15th of the following month to use it. So for us, with my birthday on Dec. 3rd and my uncle's on Dec. 26th, we will each get $25 added to our cards on Dec. 1st! :bday: If we didn't use it, it would expire Jan. 15th, though.

Great PTR. I am leaving the day you arrive, so I will try not to break anything!
Thank you, I trust you will take good care of everything! :hug:

Love the mascot pic :cutie: I'm in with no shoes, totally. I love shoes but I seem to like them better in my closet than on my feet!
I agree. I like shoes in theory... Not so much in practice. :laughing:

I like your touring plans, jealous that you get to be there at Christmas time, I would love to do that someday. The Osborne lights look fantastical! ( from what I've seen on YouTube, ha! :teeth:)
I saw them once, back in 2009. They're very cool! :santa:

I think the plans look great! :thumbsup2 I feel like I'm in that waiting period for my trip too. This part of the wait seems the longest to me - that big stretch between ADRs and FP+ just seems to drag.
Isn't this the WORST? I booked my trip 8 months before I could do ADRs, and THAT seemed to go by faster than this time is now!!! :crazy2:

It sounds like you have a fun week planned! Did you decided for sure on a LM room at AOA? I thought you were thinking of a suite at some point?
Girl, I was thinking about switching to all kinds of things at various points. :rotfl: But yes, I have finalized my decision to stick with the LM rooms at AoA. Looking forward to them! :hyper:

Last edited:
OK I'm gonna add my 2 cents as usual lol. Your plans of course look amazing...but....FP+ for IASW? Wouldn't Winnie the Pooh be a better use of that? I thought the lines moved really slowly on WTP...and there isn't usually much of a line for IASW...and even if there is, I think it tends to move quickly? But ...I'm sure you thought it through...you are way more an expert than I...there must be a method to that madness lol

OK I'm gonna add my 2 cents as usual lol. Your plans of course look amazing...but....FP+ for IASW? Wouldn't Winnie the Pooh be a better use of that? I thought the lines moved really slowly on WTP...and there isn't usually much of a line for IASW...and even if there is, I think it tends to move quickly? But ...I'm sure you thought it through...you are way more an expert than I...there must be a method to that madness lol
That's actually a great suggestion, and I actually very seriously debated this! But in the end, here's my reasoning:

1. Keep in mind that I have to use all three FP+ in just a 3 hour window... 4pm-7pm.
2. IASW and the Carousel are the only two things in MK my aunt has specifically asked for, and I think it would be wonderful to make those the very first things we do upon arrival. Can you imagine how it would screw with my plans (not to mention disappoint her) if at 4:15pm, we walked up to IASW and it had a long wait? I figured better safe than sorry.
3. I'm trying to do things in some sort of relative order to eliminate running back and forth across Fantasyland. IASW/Peter Pan are down closer to Liberty Square, while Pooh is down closer to Storybook Circus (which will be our next destination).
4. We're definitely doing a FP+ for 7DMT, which is directly across from Pooh. Using a FP for both could cause problems if we finish one before the other's window opens.
5. There's a good chance that Pooh is getting skipped anyhow. My aunt LOVES Pooh, however... she has pretty severe motion sickness issues, and I worry that certain parts of it will be too twisty/jerky for her. Plus I already have us booked at Crystal Palace for a Pooh breakfast for her, so it won't be a huge deal if we can't ride, either because she may not be able to handle it, it or just because we're running short on time.

There you go. The method to my madness. :crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter