It's My Birthday & I'll Disney if I Wanna! ~ A Dec 2015 PTR - COMPLETE!

84 days until FP+! :cutie:
144 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

It's been a week... I figured I should do an update before I start getting more snark from you girls. :laughing: I kid, I kid! Ya'll know I love each and every one of you! :hug:

And I actually do have trip-relevant stuff to share this time! SHOCKING, RIGHT?! :scared1:

So let's talk Candlelight Processional Dinner Packages! It looks like only about half of the narrators have been announced, though. And of course, my Epcot night (Dec. 10) is one of the ones that still say "TBD." But I went ahead and grabbed a CP package booking for us anyhow. So I still have my previously-booked regular ADR for Biergarten at 6:50pm. And now I also have a CP package ADR for Biergarten at 4:05pm (the latest available) with a viewing of the 8:15pm show.

Admittedly, I'm not overly pumped for the Candlelight Processional... But I wouldn't mind seeing it, since I never have. And if it turns out that a really cool narrator gets announced for that night, but it's too late for me to book a CP dinner package ADR, I'm going to really be kicking myself. So while I expect I'll probably be cancelling it later, I grabbed up the CP package ADR for that day... just in case. :thumbsup2

Regarding park touring: As I've mentioned before in this PTR, I've become very accustomed to my solo ECVing touring style... The only touring plans I head into a park with are my FP+ and ADRs times. Beyond that, I just wing it... Typically I will do my MUST DOs first, even if that means criss-crossing the park a lot, because I can do that quickly and painlessly on my wheels. Once they're all done, then I move onto everything else... and more criss-crossing. :moped:

Obviously, this approach would be brutal on my bipedal aunt & uncle, though. So this weekend, I sat down and spent hours trying to come up with a soft touring plan. :surfweb: I refuse to do a minute-by-minute plan, but I thought it would be good to at least come up with a plan of attack to minimize all the running back-and-forth stuff. A little bit of it is unavoidable, but I think I've come up with a plan for each day that will work. I just hope that I have the timing right... I'm also used to getting things done faster than normal as a solo. :scratchin

What do you think, girls? :confused3 I need to look up the MVMCP parade and Holiday Wishes exact times and plug them in, but I think I still have the timing of them about right.

TP%20v1%20DIS.jpg

I'm sure I'll be tweaking this about a million times over the next 4.5 months, so by all means, pick it apart for me! ::yes:: Of course, it's not a hard and firm itinerary. If some things don't get done by the end of a day, I'll try to work it into another. Conversely, if we finish up a section early, we might break earlier or something. Like I said, it's not etched in stone. Just a guideline.

Okay, that's all I got for this week's update. I will try and catch up on all of your threads in the next day or so! Have an awesome Monday, ya'll! :cutie:

Last edited:
I'm a SAHM and and in yoga pants most of the time, and I almost get MAD if I actually have to put on jeans for something lol!!! As for pants/ underwear, DS9 has no problem wearing shorts 10 months out of the year here in NY.....but usually skips the underwear :rolleyes1
Oh man, I get FURIOUS when I have to put on real clothes! (Work mornings are pretty grumpy in this apartment!) :laughing:

My 2 kitties come and lay next to me every night as soon as I sit on the couch :goodvibes. And God forbid I have to get up and get something once they've settled in! They look at me like, "Um, excuse me, but the pressure of removing your body from the couch has now disturbed us. Please gather everything you may need for the next couple hours before sitting back down and AGAIN disturbing us :snooty: ".
Mine give me the SAME LOOK when I get up from the recliner! :rotfl: Their faces look about like how I feel when I have to put on PANTS! :lmao:

It's been a week... I figured I should do an update before I start getting more snark from you girls.

What? Nobody here expects frequent updates from you!

Admittedly, I'm not overly pumped for the Candlelight Processional... But I wouldn't mind seeing it, since I never have. And if it turns out that a really cool narrator gets announced for that night, but it's too late for me to book a CP dinner package ADR, I'm going to really be kicking myself. So while I expect I'll probably be cancelling it later, I grabbed up the CP package ADR for that day... just in case. :thumbsup2

That's good logic - better to have and not need than need and not have (I follow the same logic with ADRs)

I refuse to do a minute-by-minute plan, but I thought it would be good to at least come up with a plan of attack to minimize all the running back-and-forth stuff.

I think the best way to approach it is to have groups of things that are located in the same general area that you want to do together ... and I think you've done that pretty well.
(but really, don't ask me, we criss-cross the park like crazy)

My only comment on the actual plans is ... I would do Winnie the Pooh right after Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (or right before), because they're literally right across from each other. But otherwise it all looks good to me!

I love the fact you have face painting in there several times!!!

your itinerary is awesome!!! and it is coming up quick isn't it?

I think that's a great idea to have the CP ADR just in case. Who knows, your narrator could end up being our man Channing T. ! :hyper: Hey a girl can dream, right?

Obviously, this approach would be brutal on my bipedal aunt & uncle, though. So this weekend, I sat down and spent hours trying to come up with a soft touring plan. :surfweb: I refuse to do a minute-by-minute plan, but I thought it would be good to at least come up with a plan of attack to minimize all the running back-and-forth stuff. A little bit of it is unavoidable, but I think I've come up with a plan for each day that will work. I just hope that I have the timing right... I'm also used to getting things done faster than normal as a solo. :scratchin

I'm still loving your organized spreadsheet! Your plans look great so far. It's got to be a little difficult having to plan these thinks out, especially with your Aunt being motion sensitive but it looks like you've done a great job. I can't believe you've only got 4.5 months to go!

My only comment is you won't be able to FP both living with the land and soarin both are tier 1 (which I don't u understand why living with the land is a tier 1 LOL!)
Your itinerary looks great and I love the way you have it laid out!! :D

Last edited:
I think those plans look very do-able and that you've got things grouped together nicely to avoid walking all over/crisscrossing the parks. Good job!

I do like your Saturday plan of just winging it--I believe I've made those same plans myself! :D

What? Nobody here expects frequent updates from you!
Oh, good. Because until FastPass time comes in October, I can't imagine I'll have something trip-related to talk about more than once a week typically! :laughing:

That's good logic - better to have and not need than need and not have (I follow the same logic with ADRs)
Yes, me too! (Obviously.) :thumbsup2

I think the best way to approach it is to have groups of things that are located in the same general area that you want to do together ... and I think you've done that pretty well.
Yes, that was the general idea! I'm just trying to save some stress on their poor footsies. They think they're going to be fine, but I am scared they are underestimating just how much walking a week at Disney is! :sad2:

(but really, don't ask me, we criss-cross the park like crazy)
Me too! That's why this is so challenging for me! :confused:

My only comment on the actual plans is ... I would do Winnie the Pooh right after Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (or right before), because they're literally right across from each other. But otherwise it all looks good to me!
See, this is EXACTLY the kind of feedback I am looking for on my plans! This is a GREAT idea, thank you so much! I've already updated it on the spreadsheet. :hug:

I love the fact you have face painting in there several times!!!
You know it, girl! Twice in the above version (Day 3 and Day 4), and I've since added a third occurrence of Facepainting on the final day. I love it! :goodvibes

your itinerary is awesome!!! and it is coming up quick isn't it?
Thanks! And yes, but still not quick enough! I wanna go nowwwwww! :hyper:

I think that's a great idea to have the CP ADR just in case. Who knows, your narrator could end up being our man Channing T. ! :hyper: Hey a girl can dream, right?
Oh, man. Can you just imagine?

WdNgkOl2GXhsI.gif

I'm still loving your organized spreadsheet! Your plans look great so far. It's got to be a little difficult having to plan these thinks out, especially with your Aunt being motion sensitive but it looks like you've done a great job. I can't believe you've only got 4.5 months to go!
Only 4.5 months?! It's feels like FOREVER!

giphy.gif

My only comment is you won't be able to FP both living with the land and soarin both are their 1 (which I don't u understand why living with the land is a tier 1 LOL!)
Dangit! I appreciate the heads-up. This is the sort of thing I was worried about. Thanks for catching it for me! I have no idea what to pick for a third FP for that day. Maybe Character Spot, even though I don't think we'll have time? But I'll have it, in case we do? :scratchin

Your itinerary looks great and I love the way you have it laid out!! :D
Thank you so much! There will be many many revisions to the layout... this is just the preliminary one. :thumbsup2

I think those plans look very do-able and that you've got things grouped together nicely to avoid walking all over/crisscrossing the parks. Good job!
Hooray! Mission accomplished! :woohoo:

I do like your Saturday plan of just winging it--I believe I've made those same plans myself! :D
I think Universal is easier to wing than any of the WDW parks. Granted, all I'm even interested in is the Harry Potter stuff... Beyond that, I'm just going to turn the kids (my aunt & uncle) loose and let them roam where they want, and I'll scoot along with them. :laughing:

Last edited:
Wow, you are a master planner! I could never figure out what rides to do in what order each day. I think it's going to be challenging enough to choose our fastpasses - once my parents finally buy their park tickets! :crazy2:

Oh your plans make my hear happy! That's pretty close to how I set up my day - try to organize all the rides in the same general area to make sure we get it all done with as little backtracking as possible!

I'm not sure what others have mentioned but I think:

on your first MK day I would make the order Mickey's Philharmagic, Carrousel, Small World, Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, Mine Train, and Dumbo to minimize walking since you will be heading straight down Fantasyland

I don't think you can have FP+ for Soarin and Living with the Land. Maybe Spaceship Earth or the Character Spot instead?

on your last MK day, I would bump Jungle Cruise up to the first attraction after breakfast. The waits can creep up there pretty early!

The countdown is moving right along! :car:

Nice plans! A few things I feel the need to mention (although you probably know these things and have chosen your plans for a reason...:rolleyes1)

Don't spend time dining...even counter service after 7 pm on the night of a party...do it between 4-7...then grab a quick snack if needed while at the party, plus a lot of places close early during the parties.

Like MommyOde said, Living with the Land is Tier 1, so no FP+ for it (maybe Spaceship Earth? instead?). Do Pick a Pearl in Japan! Ask Mo...and I agree with her...it is so much fun and one of the best ceremonies around. I think your Aunt would enjoy it too...maybe even your Uncle...Matt & I both enjoyed hunting out the ugliest Oyster!:rolleyes:

I hate getting wet, so I skip Kali River Rapids, but I am assuming you all like being wet and then doing more activities or will be well protected with ponchos.:teeth:

I would put Splash Mountain right after BTMRR (before FoF parade)...again, if you get wet (I somehow manage to be the person that gets soaked on this ride too)...you are not hanging in wet clothes too long.

So, there is my humble (okay, maybe I am not as humble as I should be :rolleyes1) opinion!

I am so excited for you for this trip! I can't wait to hear about your actual experiences at MVMCP...I am hoping to make it to that one next year!

Lynn

Your plans (and spreadsheet) look awesome!! I broke down and bought a subscription to Touring Plans because I really want to maximize our times at the parks because it is such a special trip for us.

Wow, you are a master planner! I could never figure out what rides to do in what order each day. I think it's going to be challenging enough to choose our fastpasses - once my parents finally buy their park tickets! :crazy2:
My anxiety over picking our FP+ in October is part of what lead me to deciding to make these soft touring plans! Figuring this stuff out as a solo is SO MUCH EASIER! :scared:

Oh your plans make my hear happy! That's pretty close to how I set up my day - try to organize all the rides in the same general area to make sure we get it all done with as little backtracking as possible!
Yaaaay! Thanks for the vote of confidence! :hug:

I'm not sure what others have mentioned but I think:

on your first MK day I would make the order Mickey's Philharmagic, Carrousel, Small World, Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, Mine Train, and Dumbo to minimize walking since you will be heading straight down Fantasyland

I don't think you can have FP+ for Soarin and Living with the Land. Maybe Spaceship Earth or the Character Spot instead?

on your last MK day, I would bump Jungle Cruise up to the first attraction after breakfast. The waits can creep up there pretty early!
Yaaaaaaassss! You are the BEST! I really appreciate these suggestions. I re-ordered my first MK day per your advice. I've already swapped out the FP+ for Living with the Land for the Character Spot on my spreadsheet. And thank you so much for the Jungle Cruise tip. I'm not much of a Jungle Cruise girl (once was enough for me), so since I always skip it, I had no idea about the wait times for it! (When creating my order, I was just going along in order according to the MK park map.) So now I've swapped around Jungle Cruise and Enchanted Tiki Room. (Which I also usually skip, but my aunt might like it... actually, if I'm being completely honest, the only things in Adventureland I even care about are PotC and Ahola Isle! :laughing:)

Nice plans! A few things I feel the need to mention (although you probably know these things and have chosen your plans for a reason...:rolleyes1)
Bring it on! :thumbsup2

Don't spend time dining...even counter service after 7 pm on the night of a party...do it between 4-7...then grab a quick snack if needed while at the party, plus a lot of places close early during the parties.
Well, the things are this: (1) We're not even eating lunch until probably 2-3pm, at food court at AoA. (2) At MK from 4p-7p when I'm using a party ticket, be it MNSSHP or MVMCP, my priority always is squeezing in three FP+ before they cut them off at 7pm. :thumbsup2 We won't be ready to eat until later. So as far as MVMCP goes, we'll head down to Main Street after we knock out all (or most) of the attractions on the list, hang out, enjoy the snow and the sights, maybe get some free cookies. See the holiday parade & holiday fireworks. May or may not do some character greets, but that's wholly dependent on the length of the lines. Maybe we'll just nom on hot dogs for dinner from Casey's while waiting for the parade to start. :goodvibes

Like MommyOde said, Living with the Land is Tier 1, so no FP+ for it (maybe Spaceship Earth? instead?). Do Pick a Pearl in Japan! Ask Mo...and I agree with her...it is so much fun and one of the best ceremonies around. I think your Aunt would enjoy it too...maybe even your Uncle...Matt & I both enjoyed hunting out the ugliest Oyster!:rolleyes:
I've swapped out the Living with the Land FP+ for the Character Spot. I wasn't going to do it since I've got us Tusker House later in the week, but at least this way we'll be sure to get Minnie. And if we're running short on time, it's something I don't mind skipping all together. As for Japan, I am hoping to do Pick-a-Pearl! I did it back in 2009, and it was a hoot. My aunt loves pearls, but is SUPER reactive to a lot of jewelry. (One time she just looked at a necklace across the room and it turned her neck green. True story.) So I figured we would just play that one by ear, and see how she feels about it. If we do it, it'll be lumped in there in that "Canada thru Italy" portion of the day. :cutie:

I hate getting wet, so I skip Kali River Rapids, but I am assuming you all like being wet and then doing more activities or will be well protected with ponchos.:teeth:

I would put Splash Mountain right after BTMRR (before FoF parade)...again, if you get wet (I somehow manage to be the person that gets soaked on this ride too)...you are not hanging in wet clothes too long.
These two attractions are mainly for me. :D Both are too intense for my aunt. My uncle can decide on the fly if he's going to join me or not. I personally don't mind getting wet on them... That's part of the fun! ::yes::

So, there is my humble (okay, maybe I am not as humble as I should be :rolleyes1) opinion!
I definitely appreciate your feedback! Every suggestion helps! :hug:

I am so excited for you for this trip! I can't wait to hear about your actual experiences at MVMCP...I am hoping to make it to that one next year!

Lynn
I'm so excited tooooooooo! It needs to hurry up and be TIME TO GO!!! :hyper:

Your plans (and spreadsheet) look awesome!! I broke down and bought a subscription to Touring Plans because I really want to maximize our times at the parks because it is such a special trip for us.
I'm looking forward to reading about how that works out for you! I've never been willing to pay for it, so it will be nice to read a personal experience! :thumbsup2

Last edited:
83 days until FP+! :cutie:
143 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

Just a very quick update... Ya'll have been offering up GREAT advice on my park touring battle plans! I've updated the spreadsheet, incorporating some of your suggestions. Keep 'em coming, ya'll! :thumbsup2

TP%20v2%20DIS.jpg

Hey, Billie! I got so far behind but I just caught up. Here goes!

The Check Engine light came on as I was driving it home from the junk lot I bought it from in Charleston. That was 4 years ago. It's been on ever since. Now it's gone. It's... weird. I'm so used to it's familiar orange glow on my dashboard! :laughing: I'm still getting used to it.

My DH's car has a service light that's been on pretty much since he bought the car. The last time I drove his car he told me to ignore the light telling me my door was open. :eek: He needs a new car. :laughing:

Hey, look at that! I managed to make something in this update about my Disney World trip after all! ::MickeyMo

Cute bag! Great price! I

My point being... HAPPY about being booked for 2016 :hyper:, but not fully celebrating quite yet because it's not locked-in with a deposit yet :sad2:. And for those of you who have asked... YES, there will be a separate PTR thread for the October 2016 trip. However, I don't intend on starting it until after I return from this December 2015 trip. :thumbsup2

How lucky that you have two trips to plan for. :goodvibes I'm a little jealous, I'm not gonna lie.

Hair like that would make me feel like more than just a princess... princess:

I would become a MAJESTIC FREAKIN' UNICORN.

:lmao: Love it!

So I just have to weigh in on the no pants thing. I hope I don't get flamed over this. :bitelip: I can't wait until after dinner to change into my yoga pants. As a SAHM I could wear them all day but I'm afraid if I go down that road I won't ever be able to wear real clothes again. So I basically count down the hours/minutes til I can take off my jeans/shorts/whatever and put on yoga pants. :rotfl:

why am i not seeing the beloved purple dragon???

HA! face painting AFTER the safari???

The plan look great!!!

Hey, Billie! I got so far behind but I just caught up. Here goes!
Welcome back! :hug: And don't even worry about getting behind... Lord knows I'm always behind on the threads that I try to follow! :headache:

My DH's car has a service light that's been on pretty much since he bought the car. The last time I drove his car he told me to ignore the light telling me my door was open. :eek: He needs a new car. :laughing:
Oh man. That actually makes me feel a little better about MY car! :D All though, speaking of stubborn Check Engine lights... mine is back on again as of last week. It's actually going back to the shop tomorrow to try to find out why now. :guilty:

Cute bag! Great price!
Thanks! I'm still using it as a purse as I've yet to find one I that like better at a reasonable price! And I'm PICKY! ::yes::

How lucky that you have two trips to plan for. :goodvibes I'm a little jealous, I'm not gonna lie.
It doesn't suck, that's for sure! :goodvibes

So I just have to weigh in on the no pants thing. I hope I don't get flamed over this. :bitelip: I can't wait until after dinner to change into my yoga pants. As a SAHM I could wear them all day but I'm afraid if I go down that road I won't ever be able to wear real clothes again. So I basically count down the hours/minutes til I can take off my jeans/shorts/whatever and put on yoga pants. :rotfl:
Nooooo. No need to count hours and minutes... You should be comfortable in your own home, girl! Get those yoga pants on your butt ASAP! Come to the Dark Side! :darth:

why am i not seeing the beloved purple dragon???
Oh man. Mo, somehow I KNEW you were going to call me out on that! I thought after I posted the first version on Monday, and you didn't say anything, that perhaps I gotten away with it. :sad2: You and your sharp eyes! Yes, you're correct, I've omitted Figment as a must-do for the time being. He's going to be more of a "If we end up with extra time" guy. I've just had to think about what I expect that my aunt & uncle will be more into, and I'm really worried that we're not going to have enough time in Epcot to really explore World Showcase the way I would like for them to be able to. So I had to make some hard cuts in Future World, based on what I think they will enjoy the most. :sad1: I am crossing my fingers that we will end up having time for him during EMH on our last night, though!

HA! face painting AFTER the safari???
Well YEAH! I did it this way during my April trip, too! I like to bee-line it to the Safari as soon as I get to Animal Kingdom, before the line starts getting crazy. Not going to spend precious time in the facepainting chair when I can just as easily do it afterwards! :thumbsup2

The plan look great!!!
Thanks! I feel moderately okay about it! Just wish we had MORE TIME to do it all! :scared:

Just wanted to pop in to say....

I also hate pants. :rotfl2:
Welcome the sisterhood of the not-wearing pants. :cutie:

What kind of princess tiara wearing, pants boycotting group are you starting over here, young lady? And can I say, I'm so happy to be part of it! ::yes:::lmao:princess:

Holy spreadsheet batman!!!! My unplanner self really isn't even quite sure what to do with it ; ) Wait, of course I do offer unsolicited opinions:

- Do you need a FP for Philaharmagic? Maybe they do something special on MVMCP days that I'm not aware of, but I'd never had to wait more than one show perfore. You may be better off using your FP for Pooh

- If you're not really interested in character spot, spaceship earth may be a good choice.

- On your AK day you may be better off using a FP for the safari or actual EE FP's vice tough to be a bug as I've never seen a wait at the ladder.

- Just have to get in my jealousy for seeing Pirates here as it was closed on our last trip and will be on our next too.

And just a clarification is your uncle participating in the face painting too ; )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter