It's My Birthday & I'll Disney if I Wanna! ~ A Dec 2015 PTR - COMPLETE!

Your stay-cation sounds absolutely amazing - I think you did things just about perfect!

Yumm...we just got a Moe's here so now I'm going to have to try it.

Great news on your car! I'm glad she drives great and there are no more worries driving around town!

And that bag looks like it will be a perfect park bag! I just recently started carrying a real purse instead of a huge diaper bag so I'm very interested in the type of bags people have now. I had no idea what was even in style anymore until I started paying attention at Target last week!

And Disney or not, we like an update every once and awhile!

Great job on the nothingness of a staycation!

Just throwing this out there but there are Disney bags for auction today. i don't think i can post the link here?!?!

so PM me if interested. Or don't so i can win them...

That Ron Swanson gif could only be better if the quote was "zero. craps. given." (Or if it was the one where he whips out the "permit" he wrote that says "I can do what I want". Oh, I love Ron Swanson!)
I love him too! :lovestruc

So I hate carrying a purse, have always avoided it if I could. Lately I've been thinking I want to carry one. I may change my mind, but for now I've been looking at ones I can sew myself. What all do you look for in a purse? Maybe if I see a pattern that I can manage, I could whip one up for you. I've never made a purse before, but how hard could it be, right?
Oh, girl. I appreciate it, but as parsnickety as I am, I would wish customizing a bag for me on my worst enemy. You would drive you INSANE, trust me! But thank you for the offer! :hug:

Oh, AND Liz Lemon? This may be the best post ever!
She's pretty amazing, right? :cutie:

Oh I love the purse, I need to find something like that for my everyday and at $7 it's a no brainer!
Walmart, girl! They have them in a ton of colors! :thumbsup2

Your staycation sounds perfect and that's great news about your car :)
It wasn't bad! :goodvibes

Awesome news on the car. It's a great feeling knowing you are good to drive again...(locally) ;)
Yes! It's nice not feeling like me gas is running on nothing but prayers for once! ::yes::

I can never do a stay-cation because I never get anything done. I'm more efficient under pressure.
I can justify my own laziness, regardless of the situation. :laughing:

Hi Billie! I totally did not realise I never commented on your PTR before!

wO9PQiE.gif

So, here on page.....32....I'm commenting! :rotfl:
Funny how we happened to find each other's PTRs on the same day! Kismet! :hyper:

New purse! What is this strange phase you use about having too many purses??? I don't understand these words and how they fit together :confused3 :lmao:
So... many... bags. :faint:

I am so happy for you and all of your ADRs!! I'm seriously starting to freak out. A different window for each restaurant?!?! AHHHHH!!!! Can you send me a screen shot of what your organization looked like that morning. Kidding. No i'm not.
If I had seen this before your ADRs this morning, I totally would have! But it looks like you did pretty well for yourself! :thumbsup2

Well, sure, that makes sense ... so is it now maybe drive-to-Disney safe? Or do you still need to rent a car for Disney?
Hey now. Let's not get crazy here. More like drive-within-20-miles-of-my-house safe. Beyond that, though... :scared:

I totally get this. It's so hard to find a good purse! Like, seriously, how hard can it be for companies to make good purses? Just do it!
Right! :snooty: But no really, I've found a lot of NICE purses... The problem is me. I'm insanely picky. Everything I find is either too big, or too small, or doesn't have the kind of closures, or has too many flaps, or there's not enough pockets, or the pockets aren't deep enough or wide enough, or too many arm straps and no shoulder strap, etc etc etc! :crazy2:

So ... will this new bag replace or supplement the bag you bought in April? Inquiring minds need to know!
I was wondering when somebody was going to ask about that! I don't know, honestly. I tend to bring a few different park back options with me, so that I can figure out what works best for me once I get down there. This one will be part of my arsenal, as will the blue back I got at Disney in April! :thumbsup2

Too many purses?? Those words do not belong in the same sentence. Score one for you finding a sale. I love a great buy!
You and me both, girl! ::yes::

Hooray for getting your car back new parts and all!
Hooray indeed! I'm pretty excited about it! :woohoo:

Glad your stay cation was relaxing and you accomplished some of your housekeeping goals. We on Sunday morning for our stay at POR!:earsboy:
OMG OMG OMG! How exciting! Have a GREAT trip! :hyper:

I think that purse is adorable :thumbsup2 Ugh, I'm at that "boring" stage of non-planning now too; nothing really to do until FP's in Sept. I guess I should do some planning for our Universal trip in Aug., but every time I tell myself I'll check out the Universal forums........I end up right back on the WDW ones :rolleyes1
Haha! GET THEE TO THE UNIVERSAL FORUMS, LADY! :rotfl:

I did kind of start planning our next trip, DH and I will take another kid-less trip in either Jan. or Feb. :yay: Just waiting for mom to give me some dates that she's available to keep an eye on the boys, but we're deciding on a resort!
Funnnnnnnnnn!!! 2016 bookings open on Monday, so you have a shot at getting first dibs if you can decide on dates over the weekend! :D

Yes!!! Even updates that have nothing to do with anything make me happy!! :D
Ha! Well, I'm so very glad! :laughing:

Glad you got your car back and it's running better than ever! That's gotta be a good feeling.
It's definitely a relief, that's for sure! ::yes::

I've never even heard of Moe's. It's so crazy how there are things in one part of the country that some of have never even heard of before! Looks yummy though!
It's SO good! I've been told it's a little bit like Chipotle... which we don't have here, so I have no idea if that's true or not. :confused3

Love the new purse! Bonus that it was on sale! Cha Ching!!
For real, girl! I love me a sale! :thumbsup2

Staycations are supposed to be about doing a bunch of nothing, not being productive! :laughing:
Oh, well then I totally did it right, then! :goodvibes

Thanks for throwing us crazies a bone ;)
Anytime at all, really! My pleasure! :rotfl:

I love that style of purse! And it will make a great park bag. I have a similar Le SportSac one that's great. I'm not a big name brand purse person at all, I feel like I'm really hard on bags.
I am the same way with my everyday purse. I keep it forever, and I put it through absolute hell! :scared:

That sounds like a great vacation! Sometimes it's better to just slow down and chillax.
I do a little too much chillaxing in general is the problem. :laughing:

Hey girl!!!
Hi, Booboo! :hug:

Yay for the "new" car!!! Sounds like you had lots of work done and she's better than ever! (or at least if we mean "ever" to when you've owned her!)
Yes, she's definitely seen better days, but that was longggg before I met her. :laughing: I hope she's feeling much better that she was, though!

Yup!!! A girl can NEVER have too many bags! :thumbsup2 :rotfl:::yes::
You know it, girl! :cutie:

I will have you know, you may have to approve two pictures by the end of this weekend! I have the text of Day 4 written and I am working on Day 5.
Hooray! :yay: I'm looking forward to reading them!

Great news about the car! I'm glad they were able to get it working so well and new tires and "fixins" to boot!
Me too! Lawd knows it was desperately overdue! ::yes::

So me not being a purse person...a good friend of mine and I made a pact a long time ago...I would not go purse shopping with her and she would not go to WalMart with me! ...I do like the size of that purse especially for the parks!
Well, I got this particular AT Walmart, so... :rotfl: But yeah, I'm struggling with it as an everyday bag, but I really do forsee it being a GREAT park bag in December!

Your stay-cation sounds absolutely amazing - I think you did things just about perfect!
Thanks! I tried hard (to not do anything)! :lmao:

Yumm...we just got a Moe's here so now I'm going to have to try it.
Doooo eeet! YUM!!! :D

Great news on your car! I'm glad she drives great and there are no more worries driving around town!
You and me both, girl! :thumbsup2

And that bag looks like it will be a perfect park bag! I just recently started carrying a real purse instead of a huge diaper bag so I'm very interested in the type of bags people have now. I had no idea what was even in style anymore until I started paying attention at Target last week!
I think it'll be great in the parks, I would love to not have to carry that wallet anymore! Looking forward to trying it out in December! :goodvibes

And Disney or not, we like an update every once and awhile!
Okay okay, fine! I'll be more diligent in writing about my super-boring life in between Disney things! :laughing:

Great job on the nothingness of a staycation!
Thank you kindly! :thumbsup2

Just throwing this out there but there are Disney bags for auction today. i don't think i can post the link here?!?!

so PM me if interested. Or don't so i can win them...
Wha-wha-what! I'm sure I'm too late for this, but if not, PM me details please! :eek:

I was wondering when somebody was going to ask about that! I don't know, honestly. I tend to bring a few different park back options with me, so that I can figure out what works best for me once I get down there. This one will be part of my arsenal, as will the blue back I got at Disney in April! :thumbsup2

It must be so nice to drive to Disney and be able to bring as much stuff (aka bags) as you want ...
Then again, I don't think anyone would notice if I stuffed a few extra purses in my suitcase (assuming I could find room in there with all of my clothing/shoes) and/or backpack ... it's not like they care when I bring a purse on the plane in addition to my carryon (usually a duffel bag) and personal item (aka backpack).

It must be so nice to drive to Disney and be able to bring as much stuff (aka bags) as you want ...
You're right about that, it doesn't suck! I can bring as much crap on vacation with me as I want. :thumbsup2 (However, sometimes this approach totally backfires on me and I end up bringing ENTIRELY too much crap...)

Then again, I don't think anyone would notice if I stuffed a few extra purses in my suitcase (assuming I could find room in there with all of my clothing/shoes) and/or backpack ... it's not like they care when I bring a purse on the plane in addition to my carryon (usually a duffel bag) and personal item (aka backpack).
That's the nice thing about purses/park bags... They can be stuffed down pretty flat into a suitcase, so you don't need a whole lot of space to allow yourself a few different options! :goodvibes

Last edited:

Hey nothing wrong with a little R&R on a staycation...you want to come back relaxed, right? I love that bag. I totally understand the need for many bags with different purposes. I have been carrying around my Baggalini crossbody messenger bag on this vacay with DS...and I'm determined to find something better for WDW...the thing gets way too heavy and kills my neck after a while...and that's when it's not even full. So..it's tough to find the right thing...I get it. But glad you got something useful in the meantime! Now I'm going to go Google what a Homewrecker Burrito is lol...I think we have one Moe's in Toronto....never been though...

Hey nothing wrong with a little R&R on a staycation...you want to come back relaxed, right?
That's what I'm saying!!! (Thanks for helping me justify my laziness! :laughing: )

I love that bag. I totally understand the need for many bags with different purposes. I have been carrying around my Baggalini crossbody messenger bag on this vacay with DS...and I'm determined to find something better for WDW...the thing gets way too heavy and kills my neck after a while...and that's when it's not even full. So..it's tough to find the right thing...I get it. But glad you got something useful in the meantime!
I like the idea of a messenger bag, but it's just way too much bag for me. I want one about the size of the one I got, but with enough pockets and space to hold my junk. And honestly, my junk usually just consists of my phone (Samsung Note 4, so it needs a decent-size and easily accessible pocket), portable phone charger, wallet (with tickets, credit card, insurance cards, and a little cash), sunglasses, small pill case filled with Aleve, and a sunscreen stick for reapplying. So it's not like I carry enough to survive for a week in the Outback, like a lot of people I know. But I'm still always hunting for the most efficient way tote these items around with me! :goodvibes

Now I'm going to go Google what a Homewrecker Burrito is lol...I think we have one Moe's in Toronto....never been though...
SO DELICIOUS! Get thee to a Moe's NOW! Yum! :cutie:

105 days until FP+! :cutie:
165 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

Sooooooooooo... This happened this morning!

OctWDWBooking.jpg

Unfortunately though, the deposit still needs to be paid. I use the Disney Vacation Account program to accumulate savings for my trips, and have always had a GREAT experience with it. However, as some of you already know, Disney pulled a HUGE dumb-dumb last week, and auto-withdrew double payments from a LOT of users DVA accounts. Now, thankfully, this part didn't effect me, because I've never set my DVA account up for automatic withdrawals. I always just login and deposit money into it manually. So I was spared from that headache... :scared:

HOWEVER! In the wake of this massive screw-up, they've also taken the DVA website offline, and it has remained so for the last WEEK. That's a WEEK that people haven't had access to their accounts. In order to use the money in the account, I need to have my account number. In order to get my account number, I need to be able to LOGIN TO THE WEBSITE! :furious:

mad-at-theinternet.gif

So right now it's on a 3-day hold. I have until COB on Thursday to get my DAV account number and deposit the booking. If the website is still down on Thursday morning, I'm going to be on the phone raising hell with anybody and everybody at Disney, pretty much. :headache:

My point being... HAPPY about being booked for 2016 :hyper:, but not fully celebrating quite yet because it's not locked-in with a deposit yet :sad2:. And for those of you who have asked... YES, there will be a separate PTR thread for the October 2016 trip. However, I don't intend on starting it until after I return from this December 2015 trip. :thumbsup2

(EDITED @ 3:52pm EST: The website came back up for about 5 minutes, and I was able to get in quickly and get my account number before it crashed again. I turned around and immediately put the deposit on my booking with no problems... So all is well now! My October 2016 trip is secured and good to go! Wooooo! :woohoo:)

andy.gif

Speaking of the December trip... No new developments. :rolleyes: I'm in the boring lull between ADRs and FP+ time, when there isn't much to be done. Sometime in the next 3 months or so, I do need to sit down and develop a plan of attack for each park each day. As a solo, I'm used to just free-wheeling it around on my ECV, with my only set plans being my ADRs and FP+ and any parades/fireworks I want to be sure not to miss. But I know with having my aunt & uncle with me, I need to have more of methodical touring plan in place, since they would probably murder me in my sleep if I tried to make them criss-cross the parks on foot the way that I usually do when solo. So that's on my agenda to work on at some point! ::yes::

Also, I'm considering decorating my MagicBands for the first time. I've never really been interested in doing the whole nail polish and temporary tattoos and whatever else I've seen people doing on here. I mean, I think it's very cool the way people personalize them, and I love seeing them in the parks! :lovestruc I'm just not very crafty at all, so I've always passed on decorating my own.

But recently I came across this site: magicyourband.com

magicyourband.jpg

Now THAT is more my speed! I can handle putting stickers on stuff! They're pretty inexpensive, too. Has anybody use them before? I'm specifically wondering how the decals hold up when they get wet. :confused3 I'm thinking of getting the two pictured above: A Christmas one for the red band that will be coming to me for this trip, and then for the rest of the week I would have the pink Spaceship Earth one to use with the pink band that I already have. (They are all still interchangeable, right?) Thoughts? :scratchin

And in one final bit of non-Disney rambling, I recently discovered a hair color trend called "Sand Art Hair." Here's one of my favorite examples of it:

sand-art-hair.jpeg

If you google the term, there's a lot more photos of different versions of it. I'm kind of obsessed with it! I could NEVER get away with it at my job, so it's all just a pipe dream really. But I WANT it! I don't even care that I'm 34 years old, and probably too old for such silliness. ZERO. CRAPS. GIVEN. Hair like that would make me feel like more than just a princess... princess:

I would become a MAJESTIC FREAKIN' UNICORN.

87y7z2LdEhxCM.gif

...Happy Monday, ya'll. Have a great week. :cutie:

Last edited:
Also check out my fantasy bands. They have more "decidedly" princess stuff. I've ordered from both, but haven't used them yet.

Yay on booking 2016 but boo on the payment stuff, I hope it gets sorted quickly!

I LOVE the pink band cover, it's so cute :)

I found you! Totally have not read everything but I am looking forward to going back and catching up. It sounds like you have quite the trip in the works. Best wishes to you.

At first, when I saw your new 2016 dates, I thought that you would be at WDW the same time as we are, then I realized your trip was 2016. But I wanted you to know that we had fantastic - perfect, even, - weather when we were at WDW last Oct 22nd to 27th, 2014, so I'm hoping that you get great weather, too. :)

Also, I'm considering decorating my MagicBands for the first time. I've never really been interested in do the whole nail polish and temporary tattoos and whatever else I've seen people doing on here. I mean, I think it's very cool the way people personalize them, and I love seeing them in the parks! :lovestruc I'm just not very crafty at all, so I've always passed on decorating my own.

But recently I came across this site: magicyourband.com

Now THAT is more my speed! I can handle putting stickers on stuff! They're pretty inexpensive, too. Has anybody use them before? I'm specifically wondering how the stick-ons hold up when they get wet. :confused3

It's funny that you posted this today. I just bought two bands from them last night. I haven't used their bands before, but I have had vinyls covers from another site, DVC Central, and they stick on really well. I have had them since early 2014 and have gone on several trips with them, and they are still stuck on there. Some of my bands only have the vinyl plus the Mickey head painted. Other bands have the vinyl and acrylic paint and nail polish in them, and they have held up great. I haven't gone swimming with them, I use a plain set for that, but people report that they have no problems with the vinyl.

3329c46e-eaf0-4b66-b7b6-7a136ee8de9a_zpsb93b012e.jpg

ETA: Disney made the owner of the site stop selling these patterns. They said it was a copyright infringement.

Last edited:
UPDATE @ 3:52pm EST: The website came back up for about 5 minutes, and I was able to get in quickly and get my account number before it crashed again. I turned around and immediately put the deposit on my booking with no problems... So all is well now! My October 2016 trip is secured and good to go! Wooooo! :woohoo:

105 days until FP+! :cutie:
165 days until WDW!
:hyper:
And in one final bit of non-Disney rambling, I recently discovered a hair color trend called "Sand Art Hair." Here's one of my favorite examples of it:

sand-art-hair.jpeg

If you google the term, there's a lot more photos of different versions of it. I'm kind of obsessed with it! I could NEVER get away with it at my job, so it's all just a pipe dream really. But I WANT it! I don't even care that I'm 34 years old, and probably too old for such silliness. ZERO. CRAPS. GIVEN. Hair like that would make me feel like more than just a princess... princess:

I have so been thinking about doing something like this... I couldn't get away with it at work either, but that's why they make wigs LOLLLLL I say go for it! I'm 44 and I'm so stealing this picture to take to my hair dresser!

Hey Billie, look on etsy.com you can buy clip in hair extensions that are already colored. You just make a part in your hair and clip them to the length on the bottom... and VOILA!

Also check out my fantasy bands. They have more "decidedly" princess stuff. I've ordered from both, but haven't used them yet.
Thanks for the tip, I just checked it out! I think that I still like most of the ones at the site I found better, but there is one on My Fantasy Bands that has me tapping my chin... Instead of the Spaceship Earth one on my pink MB, how great would this one be for this trip?: http://www.myfantasybands.com/item_112/Birthday-Girl.htm princess:

Yay on booking 2016 but boo on the payment stuff, I hope it gets sorted quickly!

I LOVE the pink band cover, it's so cute :)
It's sorted now! Hooray! And I love the pink one too... but I'm biased. I love all things pink. :cutie:

I found you! Totally have not read everything but I am looking forward to going back and catching up. It sounds like you have quite the trip in the works. Best wishes to you.
:welcome: So glad to have you here!

At first, when I saw your new 2016 dates, I thought that you would be at WDW the same time as we are, then I realized your trip was 2016. But I wanted you to know that we had fantastic - perfect, even, - weather when we were at WDW last Oct 22nd to 27th, 2014, so I'm hoping that you get great weather, too. :)
Yasss! This a GREAT to hear, and exactly what I'm hoping for! :goodvibes

It's funny that you posted this today. I just bought two bands from them last night. I haven't used their bands before, but I have had vinyls covers from another site, DVC Central, and they stick on really well. I have had them since early 2014 and have gone on several trips with them, and they are still stuck on there. Some of my bands only have the vinyl plus the Mickey head painted. Other bands have the vinyl and acrylic paint and nail polish in them, and they have held up great. I haven't gone swimming with them, I use a plain set for that, but people report that they have no problems with the vinyl.

3329c46e-eaf0-4b66-b7b6-7a136ee8de9a_zpsb93b012e.jpg

ETA: Disney made the owner of the site stop selling these patterns. They said it was a copyright infringement.
Those are all so cute!!! And you've never had any problems switching between MagicBands during a trip? They all still open your room, etc?

I have so been thinking about doing something like this... I couldn't get away with it at work either, but that's why they make wigs LOLLLLL I say go for it! I'm 44 and I'm so stealing this picture to take to my hair dresser!
Go for it! But if you decide to do it, I want pictures! :cutie:

Hey Billie, look on etsy.com you can buy clip in hair extensions that are already colored. You just make a part in your hair and clip them to the length on the bottom... and VOILA!
That's just for a few pieces, though. I've done the clip-ins before, they've been around for ages. But it's nowhere near the same as that gorgeous full head of UNICORN HAIR thats sand art coloring creates! :goodvibes

Yay for being all booked (and partially paid!) for October 2016!! Princess Room!!!! (yes, I know that's not the actual name, but it's what they should be called!)

I've seen the Magic Your Band stickers before ... they make some really cool ones! And apparently they stay on really well, too ... and they're removable (but not reusable), so you can switch decals on the same band mid-trip! There's a thread someone around here about people who decorate their MBs and a lot of people seem to use Magic Your Band (they're even an "approved advertiser" on the DIS and answer questions on that thread), and I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned that they are waterproof.

Yay!! I'm glad you got your 2016 plans all secured away! So exciting!!

We've never decorated our magic bands either. I was thinking I could handle putting on temp tattoos and clear polish. Can't wait to see how the stickers do.

I think you should go for the pretty unicorn hair for a Disney trip. Is it like the chalk stuff? It should wash out pretty easy if it is. Or go for colored hair extensions for the trip. Someone on here used to take her daughter in to get sparkly tinsel put in her hair before every trip. I want to see if we can do that before our next trip but I have no idea who/how to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter