It's My Birthday & I'll Disney if I Wanna! ~ A Dec 2015 PTR - COMPLETE!

Hi Billie :wave2:
How was the staycation?
What's the next big milestone in the PTR now that ADR's are done and all? Can you tell I'm bored?? :surfweb:We need some action up in here!
I saw you mentioned your Oct. 2016 trip, are you going to start a separate PTR for that one? I'm debating on how long I can hold out!! It seems SOoooooooo far away. I'm dying until we can book next Monday!

Yep, I need to remember that I will have a 49 year old mother with MS and a 2 year old with me. Along with that, I'm pregnant so I can't even ride everything. The hardest park so far have been HS. I have a feeling we'll focus more on the shows than the rides.
I'm going to try to strike a balance. My uncle wants to ride some of the bigger stuff, but doesn't need to do it all. My aunt can't ride any of it at all. I don't want to have to skip all my beloved thrill rides... it is MY birthday trip, after all. But I don't want to leave my aunt sitting outside of rides waiting all the time. So I'll probably skip a couple, but not all of them, and do more of the gentle rides and shows I might normally skip. And she's also game for going through the more interesting queues with me and my uncle, like Tower of Terror, but then opting for the "chicken exit" when we actually get up to the loading area. I'll make it all work somehow! :thumbsup2

Hi Billie :wave2:
How was the staycation?
Hi, Kelly! :wave2: It was super-duper lazy! Due to popular demand, I'm going to write a boring update about it later today! :laughing:

What's the next big milestone in the PTR now that ADR's are done and all? Can you tell I'm bored?? :surfweb:We need some action up in here!
FastPass+........ in OCTOBER. :crazy2: My ADRs went so freaking smoothly that the only things trip-related that I predict having to write about between now and then are when my Mama and I do those iron-ons for my shirts (hopefully next weekend), and I'm thinking about buying some capri pants in case it's chilly at night (normally I'm all about shorts). Whoopity-do! o_O

I saw you mentioned your Oct. 2016 trip, are you going to start a separate PTR for that one? I'm debating on how long I can hold out!! It seems SOoooooooo far away. I'm dying until we can book next Monday!
I will be starting a separate PTR for the October 2016 trip, yes. But not until I get back from this December trip!

I'm itching to book too! I altered my dates slightly in order to avoid driving into Orlando on a Saturday night (which has proved nightmare-ish for me in the past), so I'll now be there October 24-28, staying off-property for the first night (travel day) to save money like I usually do, then at POR (in a PRINCESS room, of course princess:) for the rest of the trip. Excited! :goodvibes

Right area...wrong "place" but you are VERY WARM! :)
Is it the barn on Main street? or where talking Mickey is.
I'm going to piggyback on Mo here, my next guess is the Barn too. :scratchin

Last edited:

Is it the barn on Main street? or where talking Mickey is.

I have no idea where the barn is on Main Street (something to discover my next trip!) but yes it is the little gift shop next to Talking Mickey.

Do you all want me to give you another one? I did this for a friend that likes to play this when I am down there (or I play when she is there)...I have some challenging ones and some easy ones...no so much in between.

I have no idea where the barn is on Main Street (something to discover my next trip!) but yes it is the little gift shop next to Talking Mickey.
I didn't know there was a barn either, I was just copying off of Mo's paper! :rolleyes1

Do you all want me to give you another one? I did this for a friend that likes to play this when I am down there (or I play when she is there)...I have some challenging ones and some easy ones...no so much in between.
Sure! Keep 'em coming, Lynn! I'll approve one photo in my PTR for every one update that you post in your TR. Deal? Is that more motivating than impatient gifs? :laughing:

Last edited:
110 days until FP+! :cutie:
170 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

You girls are crazy. :rotfl: I'm here with a BORING update about my BORING life! This entire post will have NOTHING to do with this trip what-so-ever! I hope this makes all of you very happy! ::yes::

Some of you have asked about my staycation. I was EPICALLY lazy. Seriously. I had all these plans and hopes and dreams, ya'll. I was going to get so much laundry and housework done. It was going to be totally amazeballs.

I think I did 20% of it. Maybe. If that. :laughing: Oh well.

anigif_idc-17858-1311881440-1.gif

I did treat myself to dinner on Monday. I hadn't been to Moe's Southwest Grill in ages, and I used to go every Monday for their "Moe's Monday" special... Any burrito, tortilla chips, and a drink for $5 bucks. NOM! Homewrecker burrito! And mmmmm... QUESO! :D

20150608_195716-1.jpg

What else? Oh! I got my little beat-up car out of the shop on Wednesday! :thumbsup2 That was pretty much awesome. Apparently it had a ton of problems, but they're all fixed now. It drives better now than the day I bought it. Literally. The Check Engine light came on as I was driving it home from the junk lot I bought it from in Charleston. That was 4 years ago. It's been on ever since. Now it's gone. It's... weird. I'm so used to it's familiar orange glow on my dashboard! :laughing: I'm still getting used to it. Anyhow! My stepdad had the mechanic also fix a few cosmetic/inconvenient things, like a busted door handle and a broken piece of plastic dangling in the interior. (When I tell ya'll I drive a beat-up car, I mean it. Now ya'll know why I always get a rental for my Disney trips!) Oh, and he put four brand new tires on it. So I'm back on the road! (Locally, anyhow...)

FKrDcwBqvNlSM.gif

At some point during my staycation I also bought a bag. Because I totally don't have enough bags, right @Tracy161? :lmao: I actually have been needing a new everyday purse for a while now, mine had gotten even more beat-up than my car! But I'm SO PICKY about my purse, and despite searching for months, I can't find one I like. I'm not a designer handbag girl, so it wasn't an issue of that. I just have only one style that I like, and it's not super popular right now. But my old purse was becoming embarrassing, so one night last week I found something that will work in the meanwhile until I do find one I love...

20150610_075428-1.jpg

It's nothing special. It's a little too small, and I don't like that it doesn't a flat bottom so it doesn't sit upright when I set it on a desk or table or whatever. However. I went ahead and bought it for two reasons (aside from the ones mentioned previously):
(1) It was on a clearance sale for only $7 bucks!
(2) Once I do find an everyday purse that I love, this thing will make the transition to becoming a GREAT park bag! It's very lightweight, the shoulder strap extends long enough for me to wear crossbody on my Shrek-like frame, and it's got the right amount of pockets and space, including a slip-pocket in the back for my phone, and credit-card slots in the main compartment (which will completely eliminate the need to carry the small wallet that I usually bring). :thumbsup2

Hey, look at that! I managed to make something in this update about my Disney World trip after all! ::MickeyMo

xNBcChLQt7s9a.gif

Last edited:

That Ron Swanson gif could only be better if the quote was "zero. craps. given." (Or if it was the one where he whips out the "permit" he wrote that says "I can do what I want". Oh, I love Ron Swanson!)

So I hate carrying a purse, have always avoided it if I could. Lately I've been thinking I want to carry one. I may change my mind, but for now I've been looking at ones I can sew myself. What all do you look for in a purse? Maybe if I see a pattern that I can manage, I could whip one up for you. I've never made a purse before, but how hard could it be, right?

Oh, AND Liz Lemon? This may be the best post ever!

Oh I love the purse, I need to find something like that for my everyday and at $7 it's a no brainer!

Awesome news on the car. It's a great feeling knowing you are good to drive again...(locally) ;)

I can never do a stay-cation because I never get anything done. I'm more efficient under pressure.

Hi Billie! I totally did not realise I never commented on your PTR before!

wO9PQiE.gif

So, here on page.....32....I'm commenting! :rotfl:
New purse! What is this strange phase you use about having too many purses??? I don't understand these words and how they fit together :confused3 :lmao:

I am so happy for you and all of your ADRs!! I'm seriously starting to freak out. A different window for each restaurant?!?! AHHHHH!!!! Can you send me a screen shot of what your organization looked like that morning. Kidding. No i'm not.

You girls are crazy.

Yeah ... tell me something I didn't know :rotfl2:

Oh! I got my little beat-up car out of the shop on Wednesday!

Yay!

It drives better now than the day I bought it. Literally.

Well, sure, that makes sense ... so is it now maybe drive-to-Disney safe? Or do you still need to rent a car for Disney?

But I'm SO PICKY about my purse, and despite searching for months, I can't find one I like.

I totally get this. It's so hard to find a good purse! Like, seriously, how hard can it be for companies to make good purses? Just do it!

(2) Once I do find an everyday purse that I love, this thing will make the transition to becoming a GREAT park bag! It's very lightweight, the shoulder strap extends long enough for me to wear crossbody on my Shrek-like frame, and it's got the right amount of pockets and space, including a slip-pocket in the back for my phone, and credit-card slots in the main compartment (which will completely eliminate the need to carry the small wallet that I usually bring). :thumbsup2

So ... will this new bag replace or supplement the bag you bought in April? Inquiring minds need to know!

Hey, look at that! I managed to make something in this update about my Disney World trip after all! ::MickeyMo

I knew you could do it!

Too many purses?? Those words do not belong in the same sentence. Score one for you finding a sale. I love a great buy!

Hooray for getting your car back new parts and all!

Glad your stay cation was relaxing and you accomplished some of your housekeeping goals. We on Sunday morning for our stay at POR!:earsboy:

I think that purse is adorable :thumbsup2 Ugh, I'm at that "boring" stage of non-planning now too; nothing really to do until FP's in Sept. I guess I should do some planning for our Universal trip in Aug., but every time I tell myself I'll check out the Universal forums........I end up right back on the WDW ones :rolleyes1

I did kind of start planning our next trip, DH and I will take another kid-less trip in either Jan. or Feb. :yay: Just waiting for mom to give me some dates that she's available to keep an eye on the boys, but we're deciding on a resort!

Yes!!! Even updates that have nothing to do with anything make me happy!! :D
Glad you got your car back and it's running better than ever! That's gotta be a good feeling.
I've never even heard of Moe's. It's so crazy how there are things in one part of the country that some of have never even heard of before! Looks yummy though!
Love the new purse! Bonus that it was on sale! Cha Ching!!
Staycations are supposed to be about doing a bunch of nothing, not being productive! :laughing:
Thanks for throwing us crazies a bone ;)

I love that style of purse! And it will make a great park bag. I have a similar Le SportSac one that's great. I'm not a big name brand purse person at all, I feel like I'm really hard on bags.

That sounds like a great vacation! Sometimes it's better to just slow down and chillax.

Hey girl!!!

Yay for the "new" car!!! Sounds like you had lots of work done and she's better than ever! (or at least if we mean "ever" to when you've owned her!)

Yup!!! A girl can NEVER have too many bags! :thumbsup2 :rotfl:::yes::

I didn't know there was a barn either, I was just copying off of Mo's paper! :rolleyes1

Sure! Keep 'em coming, Lynn! I'll approve one photo in my PTR for every one update that you post in your TR. Deal? Is that more motivating than impatient gifs? :laughing:

I will have you know, you may have to approve two pictures by the end of this weekend! I have the text of Day 4 written and I am working on Day 5.

Great news about the car! I'm glad they were able to get it working so well and new tires and "fixins" to boot!

So me not being a purse person...a good friend of mine and I made a pact a long time ago...I would not go purse shopping with her and she would not go to WalMart with me! ...I do like the size of that purse especially for the parks!

Lynn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter