It's My Birthday & I'll Disney if I Wanna! ~ A Dec 2015 PTR - COMPLETE!

Joining in Billie after having followed your TR.
We loved Mama Melrose when we did the Fantasmic package a few years ago. Not sure why people don't line it.
We've also done 1900 for dinner 2x - once on our big 2010 trip after DD was at BBB. She practically floated when Prince Cjarming kissed her hand! DD and I went there for dinner last year as our only Disney event on our no-Disney Orlando trip when we caught up with my BFF for a few days. Since we werent doing the parks without DH, it was a way to give my girl some Disney magic and it was sadly the last time she would want to dress up in costume to meet characters. We had a girls dinner and the sisters were cooing at our wedding rings and wondering where the guys were. They are really fun and the more you play into them the better they get. The buffet does not always get good reviews here, but we like it - and the strawberry soup is really amazing.
Happy planning!

Joining in Billie after having followed your TR.
We loved Mama Melrose when we did the Fantasmic package a few years ago. Not sure why people don't line it.
We've also done 1900 for dinner 2x - once on our big 2010 trip after DD was at BBB. She practically floated when Prince Cjarming kissed her hand! DD and I went there for dinner last year as our only Disney event on our no-Disney Orlando trip when we caught up with my BFF for a few days. Since we werent doing the parks without DH, it was a way to give my girl some Disney magic and it was sadly the last time she would want to dress up in costume to meet characters. We had a girls dinner and the sisters were cooing at our wedding rings and wondering where the guys were. They are really fun and the more you play into them the better they get. The buffet does not always get good reviews here, but we like it - and the strawberry soup is really amazing.
Happy planning!
Hi, thanks so much for joining my PTR! I got a quite a ways to go, and love the company!! :hug:

Yay for another positive for Mama Melrose!

I did 1900 Park Fare years ago. I'm thinking 2005-ish. Back then it was Fairy Godmother greeting at the door for photos, then in the dining room was Cinderella, Prince Charming, Suzy, and Perla. I remember loving the food! And the character interaction was lovely, but I've always been curious to go back now that the sisters are there instead of the mice. I'm crossing my fingers for CRT (it's been even longer since I've been there), but I'll be happy if I end up with 1900 as my back-up. :goodvibes

Hey there!!! I didn't know you had this going on!!!!

I am here and loving your plans! and YAY for family coming!

CONGRATS on your weight loss!!! May i ask how you are doing it?

I will try to keep up around here.. I have a zillion things to try to catch up on (in real life) so i hope to stay on top!

Thanksgiving looked so delish!

1900 park fare is great, now ofcourse I am the lady who would run around in a tiara all the time if I could lol.
The stepsisters are awesome!!

I can still remember meeting Prince Charming for the first time and blushing as a teenager.

Akershus is out this trip, since we're only spending one day in Epcot, and I think my aunt will really like the atmosphere at Coral Reef. My back-up for CRT is 1900 Park Fare. Not ALL the princesses, sure, but I've always wanted to see the step-sisters, I've heard they are hilarious, and my aunt & uncle both have a sense of humor very similar to mine, so I think they'd get a kick out of it. AND it's right outside of MK, so easy enough to just dart over there for dinner. :thumbsup2

We ate at both of these restaurants in Feb of 2013 and we will be going back to the Coral Reef next month. I had the most delicious Mahi Mahi at the Coral Reef and I really hope they still serve it. And I thought our dinner at 1900 Park Fare was very good, too. The chicken marsala that night was so good that I went back for more. ;)

Hey there!!! I didn't know you had this going on!!!!

I am here and loving your plans! and YAY for family coming!

CONGRATS on your weight loss!!! May i ask how you are doing it?

I will try to keep up around here.. I have a zillion things to try to catch up on (in real life) so i hope to stay on top!

Thanksgiving looked so delish!
Yaaaaay, Mo found my PTR! Hi, Mo!!!! :hug:

As for the weight loss... I just devoured an enormous piece of birthday cake. :lmao: I'm probably undoing the 12 pounds I lost, but come on, who diets during the holidays?!?! I'll get back on the wagon on January 1st. ;) As for how I WAS doing it... Basically the first step for me is just getting off of fast food. I'm a junkie. Once driving past a Burger King or Hardees without stopping becomes less of an internal struggle, I'll move on to Phase 2, which is preparing healthier and lower calorie meals for myself at home. Phase 3 will incorporate getting off my butt and actually going for walks to start, and hopefully building up to a bit of jogging or maybe someday even running. Baby steps!

No worries on keeping up. This thread will be around for the next year. You got plenty of time. :goodvibes

1900 park fare is great, now ofcourse I am the lady who would run around in a tiara all the time if I could lol.
The stepsisters are awesome!!

I can still remember meeting Prince Charming for the first time and blushing as a teenager.
I would wear my tiara EVERY DAY if I could get away with it. I actually planned to wear it to work this morning, but overslept and forgot. Oh well! It'll definitely be on my head tomorrow night at my birthday dinner!

While I'm looking forward to CRT, I will be happy if I end up with 1900 Park Fare instead. And even if I do get CRT for this trip, on my next one I'll likely book 1900, just because I'm pretty ready to go back. :goodvibes

We ate at both of these restaurants in Feb of 2013 and we will be going back to the Coral Reef next month. I had the most delicious Mahi Mahi at the Coral Reef and I really hope they still serve it. And I thought our dinner at 1900 Park Fare was very good, too. The chicken marsala that night was so good that I went back for more. ;)
When I was at Coral Reef in September, I had the creamy lobster pasta (can't remember the name and too lazy to pull up my own Dining Report to find out :lmao:) that got such bad reviews. But I LOVED it. Sadly, when WDW did their big menu changes in October, that dish got scrapped. So, pending anymore changes they do over the next year, my selection for next time is going to be the mahi mahi. I've heard lots of wonderful things about it, and it's one of my favorite fishies! So yummy! And the way it's prepared sounds delicious!

WARNING! This post as nothing to do with my trip, but is partially Disney-related none-the-less!!

It's almost my birthday!!!! Just under 12 more hours until Dec. 3rd!!!! :cool1:

Actually, the celebrations started yesterday. There's only two people in my office, myself and my co-worker/friend (Rachel), and she is off work today. I'm off tomorrow for my birthday.

So when I got to work yesterday, my desk was all BIRTHDAY PALOOZA! Rachel surprised me early! Cake, Balloons, Flowers, Cards, the works. She even bought me lunch later in the the day!

20141201_100720.jpg

20141201_133734.jpg

She apparently asked the bakery if they could do me a Belle cake. They said no, but that they could do a Princesses cake that includes Belle. CLOSE ENOUGH. Hooray!

20141201_101038.jpg

The little button at the top of the card there, when you press it, the cupcake dances and it plays MC Hammer's "U Can't Touch This." Which I also know the dance to, and so OF COURSE I kept hitting the card and busting out dancing all day long. :lmao:

Later in the day, a fella that works in another office in the company but who stops by and helps us out sometime, Jesse, popped by with another card for me. Yes, it's for a 3-year-old. But he said it was the only Disney birthday card he could find!

20141201_132623.jpg

My co-workers know me so well. :lmao: Was a fun start to my birthday week! I'd meant to wear my tiara to work today, since I'm here alone, but totally forgot when I overslept this morning (as I tend to do).

Tomorrow night is birthday dinner with the parents and grandparents! (The tiara is definitely making it's grand return for that!) :cutie:

I LOVE that princess cake! I hope it tasted as good as it looks.
The balloons, cards, and flowers are great too. Your coworkers are awesome.

Since I'll probably forget tomorrow ... happy almost birthday! :cake:
(And you're almost at the 1-year until the trip mark! So exciting!)

I LOVE that princess cake! I hope it tasted as good as it looks.
The balloons, cards, and flowers are great too. Your coworkers are awesome.

Since I'll probably forget tomorrow ... happy almost birthday! :cake:
(And you're almost at the 1-year until the trip mark! So exciting!)
The cake was DELICIOUS!!!! I don't know if all Publix grocery stores have an amazing bakery & deli, but I know the one in my town sure does!!! And Rachel knows how much I love it. Now, I happen to be lucky enough to live near the local Publix, but she does not. And it's not on her way to work either, so she really went out of her way to get my favorite cake in town. :goodvibes

Thank you for the birthday wishes, Sarah!!! And yes, I'm pretty sure that I'm more excited to finally be at and under the 1-year-mark for Disney than I am for my actual birthday festivities this week. :rotfl:

MY POST DIDN'T SHOW UP!!

try again...

you have awesome co-workers!!! So happy for you and the cake is adorable!

AND:
sfr2.gif

I might have hit preview instead of submit... OOPS.

How very sweet of your co-worker. I love the cake.

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILLIE...I hope you have a magical day.

Happy birthday Billie! Hope you have a great day :)

Kelly
Thank you soooo much, Kelly! :hug:

MY POST DIDN'T SHOW UP!!

try again...

you have awesome co-workers!!! So happy for you and the cake is adorable!

AND:
sfr2.gif

I might have hit preview instead of submit... OOPS.
OMG She's beeeeeeyooteeful! Hehe. Thank you so much, Mo!!! :hug:

How very sweet of your co-worker. I love the cake.

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILLIE...I hope you have a magical day.

Awww, Eeyore! Too cute! Thank you so much, Kathy! :hug:

Happy Birthday!!!!
Lucky...you hit the year mark before me!!! :)
Thank yooooooou! :hug: And technically, my one-year mark is tomorrow. One year from TONIGHT, I'll be running around my apartment cleaning and packing last-minute items! :lmao:

Hey, ya'll! Thank you for all the birthday wishes, everybody!!!!!! I heart you guys!!!!! :grouphug:

Just thought I'd share a couple of pics... I promised Sarah some birthday tiara photos!

Before I left the house tonight... THE RETURN OF THE TIARA.

birthdaytiara.jpg

And at dinner. You can't really see it in the photo... It's on my head though, I promise! (Though it did fall off once, when the chef tried to get me to catch a piece of broccoli in my mouth... I failed. :rotfl: )

20141203_175918-1.jpg

Left to right is my stepfather, my Mama, me, my grandma, and my grandpa.

We went to my favorite Japanese restaurant, and I asked for a hibachi table since my Mom and Grandma had never done one. I've been trying to get my Mom to come here with me for years, but when she hears Japanese food, all she can think is RAW FISH, BLEEEECHHHH! So tonight I FINALLY got the family to agree to do this for my birthday, and whaddya know? They all loved the food and the service. I got a great big "I toldya so!" out of it. :lmao:

And as I mentioned in a reply above... one year from night, I'll far too excited to sleep, busily preparing to leave the next morning for Disney! That's right, tomorrow is my "One Year" mark! Its going to be a loooooong year, but a wonderful one, I hope!! :cutie:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BILLIE princess:

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

:cake: :drinking1 :woohoo:

The Japanese restaurant is such a fun way to celebrate your birthday. I'm glad they all enjoyed it.

And you have the best co-worker. :goodvibes

I'm so lgad you got them to go and LOVE IT!!! YAY for you!

Glad you had a good Birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BILLIE princess:

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

:cake: :drinking1 :woohoo:

The Japanese restaurant is such a fun way to celebrate your birthday. I'm glad they all enjoyed it.

And you have the best co-worker. :goodvibes
Yaaay! Thank you so much!!! It turned out to be a pretty swell birthday!! :goodvibes

I'm so lgad you got them to go and LOVE IT!!! YAY for you!

Glad you had a good Birthday!
It was a great birthday! Thank you, Mo! :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter