It's My Birthday & I'll Disney if I Wanna! ~ A Dec 2015 PTR - COMPLETE!

The car won't work because it would be just as problematic trying to breakdown and load the ECV into the trunk all the time. Not to mention being able to park my car and not see it for a week is one of that awesome things about a Disney vacation for me!

Never thought about that. I totally get see your point about the car. I love not having to worry about transportation at Disney.

Aww! Can you change your screen name here on the Dis? I didn't think you could! Would you just start a new account? :confused3

No, I guess not. It's also my email and a bunch of other screen names so I guess I'm stuck with it.

Sounds like you got a good plan with breakfast at CP and dinner at BoG. Its definitely more special at night with the beast anyway. And pre-park opening? I've never even seen a rope drop but it sounds like a good pipe dream ; )

We love AoA so good choice sticking there. We found the buses to be very efficient when we stayed there. Don't think I could ever deal with multiple stops. I choose POFQ for our next visit just because it was the only moderate with a single stop.

I am not a TIARA! kinda girl (I don't even wear jewelry), so this is the best I can muster

And I'm late to the fur baby party, but meet Mallory

And Duval
IMG_4497.jpg by jastoney, on Flickr

While not named after Disney per se, though do have a connection to a disney resort if you care to hazard a guess?

Last edited:
Tiara!

28gv9s7.jpg

I have kind of an Elsa thing going on here with the giant snow mountain/pile in the background!

photo (2).JPG
Awwww... all the fur babies are so cute. We have Belle. She's a Basset Hound/Beagle/Pug mix. Super cute, but she's an attention hound for sure.

I love the idea of a Princess Club, but I am not a tiara-wearer, sadly.

I know what you mean about POR and the multiple bus stops. It's hard for guests without ECVs to board as they load up around the stops, so I can totally relate to your anxiety about that, especially with your past experience. AoA is great and the Little Mermaid rooms have such fun details!

Anyone can wander around and see the stuff outside, so I'll start with inside the room pictures.
And I did said wandering in September, so interior room pics is definitely what I'm most interested in! Thank you!

(Sorry that the quality of the pictures is not great, but when I copy them from facebook, it degrades the quality for some reason)
They look perfectly fine to me!

Here is your table inside the room ...
1392075_650231683857_713477104_n.jpg
I think little details like this are so cool!

The shower curtain I would have bought if a) it wasn't so expensive and b) I had my own bathroom:
1395289_650234463287_829712453_n.jpg
It IS a pretty cool shower curtain!

Beds/Headboards/All of our crap:
487606_650234887437_1684900185_n.jpg
These look so fun!

Beautiful sight to look at before bed:
1382837_650235002207_1459499408_n.jpg
He is pretty!

Mirror (and me taking the picture):
1382919_650235022167_1641368604_n.jpg
I love this mirror!

And this carpet!

Dresser: (IIRC, the fridge is in the right side)
1384116_650235106997_2125848444_n.jpg
I think you recall correct, that seems to match up with other photos I've seen of it!

Curtain separating sink/bathroom area from the rest of the room:
1381166_650235121967_691592919_n.jpg
So cute!

And, just to add an outside picture, TREASURE!:
1378084_650237911377_1193477695_n.jpg
Ooooooh, I don't think I've ever seen NIGHT TIME exterior photos of the Little Mermaid section!!! Love this!!!

It's hard to see it, but I don't think there are any other photos in existence anymore with me in a tiara. Lol.

image-jpg.100835
Beautiful! Hi, Princess! Welcome to the club!

Oh well if wedding photos are ok...I have a TIARA for that...

Kathyshauncake_zpsk2u5xxk9.jpeg
And you brought CAKE too, how thoughtful! Welcome, Princess Kathy!

Never thought about that. I totally get see your point about the car. I love not having to worry about transportation at Disney.
Me too!!! It's the best!!!

No, I guess not. It's also my email and a bunch of other screen names so I guess I'm stuck with it.
You could consider it a fitting tribute to her. :)

Sounds like you got a good plan with breakfast at CP and dinner at BoG. Its definitely more special at night with the beast anyway. And pre-park opening? I've never even seen a rope drop but it sounds like a good pipe dream ; )
I've seen a few Rope Drops (not many)! This will be my first time shooting for not one but TWO pre-park opening breakfasts, though!

We love AoA so good choice sticking there. We found the buses to be very efficient when we stayed there. Don't think I could ever deal with multiple stops. I choose POFQ for our next visit just because it was the only moderate with a single stop.
I loved POFQ and certainly wouldn't hesitate to stay there again! And I wouldn't mind the multiple bus stops, it's just the idea of always loading the ECV into buses that already have people on them that makes me unhappy. Not to mention, as we've talked about before, I do much prefer the bus stops at the Value resorts, with their nice orderly queues. The queue-less free-for-all bus stops at the Moderates and Deluxes is pretty weird.

I am not a TIARA! kinda girl (I don't even wear jewelry), so this is the best I can muster
This TOTALLY counts. Welcome to the club, Princess Kari!

And I'm late to the fur baby party, but meet Mallory
Beautiful!

And Duval
Gorgeous!

While not named after Disney per se, though do have a connection to a disney resort if you care to hazard a guess?
Old Key West!

Tiara!

28gv9s7.jpg

I have kind of an Elsa thing going on here with the giant snow mountain/pile in the background!
I love it! Welcome to the club, Princess! It's getting too hot here in South Carolina. Bring your ice powers this way, please!

Tiara!

This is from my wedding almost 10 years ago. My tiara sits in my entertainment center in our living room. Sometimes when I am cleaning I like to wear it, kind of Cinderella like!
Welcome to the club, Princess Kim! As for cleaning in your tiara, Lori (@STLMickeyMom ) has said she does the same thing!

photo-2-jpg.100967

Awwww... all the fur babies are so cute. We have Belle. She's a Basset Hound/Beagle/Pug mix. Super cute, but she's an attention hound for sure.
Awww, she's precious! I would snuggle her up like crazy!

I love the idea of a Princess Club, but I am not a tiara-wearer, sadly.
Well, in this club, we use the definition of "tiara" loosely here. If you scroll through some of the other ladies photos, you'll find Mickey/Minnie ears, and even a ball cap for one particular sporty princess!

I know what you mean about POR and the multiple bus stops. It's hard for guests without ECVs to board as they load up around the stops, so I can totally relate to your anxiety about that, especially with your past experience. AoA is great and the Little Mermaid rooms have such fun details!
Yes, exactly!!! Some people have been telling me "You shouldn't let some people's attitudes effect your resort choice," but honestly when dealing with the challenges the ECV presents, I prefer to pick and choose my battles. I honestly will be able to relax and have a much better time if I'm not waking up every morning dreading the day starting with trying to load onto a bus full of people. So I'm feeling more and more content with the choice of AoA!

TIARA!!!!! I'm not home to get a pic of my tiara, but since I'm at Disney does standing with an actual princess count?
image-jpg.101004
Okay, this is just MEAN, Lori!

Kidding. SO JEALOUS! And yes, you can join the Princess Club. But you're on probation, young lady! I want to see that tiara on your head when you get home!

TIARA!!
Now I definitely gotta figure out this uploading pictures her thing ::yes::::yes:: Will do after our 99th basketball tourney of the year.......

AoA is a great choice! We stayed in a LM room last year for a few nights after a week at POFQ b/c I live in a house filled with stinky boys, and sometimes I need to do something girly princess:. You know the theming outside is amazing, and from the pics SarahDisney posted you now know the room is equally as cool. You will NOT be sorry you chose to stay there :thumbsup2

Well in that case, here's me at Akershus a couple weeks ago!!
!
img_0090-jpg.101060
Clearly the Disney princess have accepted you, so I will too! Welcome to the club, Princess! princess:

I'm a little late to the party. This was my 30th birthday party picture - the only tiara-wearing one I can find :laughing:

2012-09-22-18-30-34-jpg.101078
Ahhh! I love this!!! Perfect! Welcome, Princess Tracy! princess:

TIARA!!
Now I definitely gotta figure out this uploading pictures her thing ::yes::::yes:: Will do after our 99th basketball tourney of the year.......
Yassss! You do! I wish I could be more helpful in the area! :cutie:

AoA is a great choice! We stayed in a LM room last year for a few nights after a week at POFQ b/c I live in a house filled with stinky boys, and sometimes I need to do something girly princess:. You know the theming outside is amazing, and from the pics SarahDisney posted you now know the room is equally as cool. You will NOT be sorry you chose to stay there :thumbsup2
Her pictures were pretty awesome, huh? ::yes:: And thank you for the encouragement! I know I'll love it, and I hope my aunt & uncle will too! :goodvibes

6.5 hours until ADRs! :thumbsup2
121 days until FP+! :cutie:
181 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

It's almost ADR time and I'm like this: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Originally I was just going to stay up, because I'm a huge night owl anyhow. But some things have changed. I actually am going to go visit an out-of-town vendor with Rachel (my work wife / boss lady) tomorrow, and she wanted me to be at her house at 8am. She lives on base... The same base that I work on. So. Here's the new plan:

Tonight
11:30pm: Hit post on this update.
Midnight: Be in bed and hopefully will fall asleep.

Tomorrow
5:15am: Out the door and headed to the office. Get coffee on the way.
5:45am: Settled in at my desk, logged in and ready to to rock.
6:00am: Get EVERY SINGLE ADR. Fingers crossed!
7:00am: Spreadsheet updating with all my shiny new ADRs! Maybe even an quick update here on my PTR, time permitting.
8:00am: Rachel will pick me up at the office, and we'll leave from there.

I'll be spending the day in Charleston (about an hour and half away) at a ropes course place. They want us to start selling their tickets at a discount to local military, and invited us up to check the place out. I outweigh their weight limit by good 70 lbs, so I'm just tagging along to keep Rachel company and cheer her on when she's doing the ropes course, and to attempt to take some photos. We'll likely grab lunch after, so it should be a nice day, I'm looking forward to it! :cutie:

Okay, bedtime for me. Wish me lots of luck and pixie dust for tomorrow morning, ya'll! I'll be back in touch with the results as soon as I can! :goodvibes

kerm.gif

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter