It's My Birthday & I'll Disney if I Wanna! ~ A Dec 2015 PTR - COMPLETE!

13 days until ADRs! :thumbsup2
133 days until FP+! :cutie:
193 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

Not gonna lie. Totally going stir-crazy waiting for ADR day. So. I thought of something I could do this weekend for the trip. CLOTHES! :goodvibes

I'm a big lady (I know, you're totally shocked) and finding cute tops themed to my interests can be a real pain in the butt. I know the Disney Store online sells plus sizes, but everything I'd read about their t-shirts says that they run short. And I hate that. >:( I find this problem with Torrid tees also. Not to mention they're expensive!!!

I posted about this dilemma on the "Everything Pooh-Sized" thread here on the DIS a while back, and somebody made a suggestion that I decided to run with this weekend. I picked up some plain-color ladies tees at Walmart that were marked down to $5 each, then got online this morning and hit up Etsy to buy me some cute iron-ons! :cutie:

For our MVMCP night, I bought a red t-shirt, and ordered this iron-on for it:

christmas-io.jpg

And then for another random day during the trip, I got a black t-shirt, and this pretty rhinestone iron-on:

minnie-io.jpg

And then while I was on Etsy, I hatched the bright idea to make myself a Harry Potter shirt also. So I have a pale lilac-colored t-shirt for these two iron-on transfers...

Front:
hp1-io.jpg

Back:
hp2-io.jpg

I hope they all turn out as cute as they look in my head! :cutie:

I also hit up Amazon for a few things. I love the IDEA of flipflops, but I can't wear them because I can't deal with anything between my toes. A few years ago found these great sandals called "Cleo" made by Crocs, and I love them to death. They're very open like a flipflop, but nothing between my toes, and are super comfy with that awesome Crocs sole on them! I bought them in brown then, but have been meaning for ages to get a pair in black. So, I finally did!

sandals.jpg

Then while on Amazon, I couldn't resist picked up a couple of other trip items, just because I liked them. A pretty Avenue t-shirt to wear one day on the trip, it was clearanced and marked down to 66% off:

blueshirt.jpg

And then just some cute holiday earrings, also to wear to MVMCP:

earrings.jpg

So that was my little shopping spree. I justified it because it's all for the trip! All NEEDED things! Yes, I NEEDED them to show my DISNEY SIDE! (And my HP side for my one Universal day...) Totally legit! :thumbsup2

As for the iron-on transfers, the irony (see what I did there?) is this... I don't even own an iron and I refuse to. :laughing: I HATE IRONING. Not owning an iron gives me a good reason to never buy anything that requires ironing. So once the iron-on transfers arrive in the mail, I'm going to take them over to my Mama and she's going to apply them for me. (Have I mentioned that she's kinda the best? :-)) So once that's done, I'll be sure to post photos of the final products here!

And of course, I would be remiss if I didn't mention... Please take a moment during your BBQs (or whatever you have planned for the day) to remember why most of us Americans aren't at work today!

memorialday2.jpg

Last edited:
I know how that it is! :lmao: But hey, if it's that much of a blur, that means you were doing it RIGHT!!! ::yes::

Yep, and that's why we always take a ton of photos - to help jog the memory a bit. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any pics of the CP! :o

I accrue just shy of 160 vacation hours annually, or approximately 4 weeks. It's pretty sweet... when I can actually use it. :laughing:

Wow... I'm envious! Two weeks is just not enough to spread out over an entire year, especially since I use one for Christmas!

I pondered the CP -- but I don't know. We're not religious at all, but I DO love Christmas. But I'm not sure I want to spend a load of extra money and time on something that is so somber. And based on these descriptions, it is not kid friendly and I'd have to set my one year old up with Doc McStuffins and headphones to get through it!

Kroseycorn I wouldn't say it's somber (again, we're not really religious, either). But yes, I believe after having my 7 & 11 yo DS's there complaining through most of it, that a 1 year old would be difficult.......headphones would help lol, if that'll work for the whole show! Otherwise I'd pass for now if it's not something you really want to do :)

Billie you were right upthread about the seating in American Gardens, bench-style. I didn't notice at the time if wheelchairs/scooters went in first or had a certain area but I'll bet they did! That would hopefully cut down on your wait somehow? Definitely look in to it ::yes::

I posted about this dilemma on the "Everything Pooh-Sized" thread here on the DIS a while back, and somebody made a suggestion that I decided to run with this weekend. I picked up some plain-color ladies tees at Walmart that were marked down to $5 each, then got online this morning and hit up Etsy to buy me some cute iron-ons! :cutie:

WOOHOO for vacation related shopping sprees!! :woohoo: I'm working on getting a swimsuit (eek) for our trip in September and also some shorts and t-shirts. I LOVE the iron-ons you chose and what a great idea!

Yes! I hate too-short t-shirts. I just saw an advertisement for Duluth Trading's longtail shirts (the ad is hilarious...), and I have to get a couple so that I don't expose myself while I lean down to tend my child (and sometimes I just don't care, like at the Target check-out the other day when my daughter pulled my v-neck down and I didn't notice until we were out of the store!).

Cute iron-ons, though! You'll have to share once the work is done. I have never had luck!

LOVE the iron ons, i think they are going to look amazing! I love the HP one, i know its the 'dark side' around here but I LOVE HP too!

I hate shirts that are too short, so frustrating, i don't get that style at all!

Good shopping finds! I'm only 5'3, and I STILL find that Disney Store shirts are too short. They really need to do something about that!

I can't wait to see how the iron-ons turn out!

OMG I LOVE that sparkly iron on...I may have to copy that idea lol...I really wanted something black and simple and to get matching for DD and I...and I think that would be perfect....and I'm so NOT crafty...but I figure even "I" MAY be able to handle and iron on lol I will go check that out.

Also - want to tell you...I can't handle flip flops either and I have those crocs...they are awesome.

But in case you are interested...I recently bought at pair of these shoes at DTD actually and they are the first pair of between the toes shoes I've ever been able to wear...I wouldn't wear them all day for theme parking...but I find they look a step up from Flip flops and are actually very comfortable...I don't want to get in trouble for posting a link lol...crap...can't figure out how to show you a picture...but check out the Yoga Sling 2 sandals at Sanuk.com. (am I allowed to do that?) Not a link..not my site lol...I'm paranoid now. The soles are made from recycled Yoga mats lol....anyway...moving on.

You are SO close to making ADR day!! I hope to ONE day plan a trip enough in advance to be able to make ADR's on that day...and be able to hopefully get my pick of everything!! I hope it all goes well for you as planned!!

Your iron ons are too cute (love the Harry ones!)!! I've always had great luck with any iron ons I've done. Super easy and so fun. You and mom will make some super cute shirts!!!

Cute things! It's always fun to buy things for Disney! That totally reminds me though, I will need some more tanks before we go! :)

This is actually a brilliant suggestion! Since I'm not somebody who automatically defautls to using the ECV to try and circumvent waits or lines, I rarely think ahead that it might help me in some way. But you're right, in this case! And isn't the American Gardens Theatre bench-style seating, like the Fantasmic ampitheatre? I have to have back support if I'm going to be seated for more that half an hour or so. So I actually would need to be able to take my ECV in with me. I'm going to have to look into this more! :scratchin
I'm glad I could maybe help :)

I love your iron on idea and especially like the rhine stone design, I'm not one for wearing character tees but that does look cute :goodvibes I also hate that shirts just aren't long enough any more!!!

Hi Billie!!!!!!!

First off - YAY for being under the 200 day mark! :hyper:

I love your ADR wish list!!! :thumbsup2

I also like what you did crowd levels and EMHs. I ended up wishing I had paid better attention to those myself (I mostly did, but ended up mixing up some of my plans because I just couldn't deal with the crowds).

LOVE the idea of the iron-ons! That way you can customize and get the exact shirts you want anyway! Although I do technically own an iron... I'm in the same camp with you there. Ain't nobody got time for that!

First, thanks for the 411 on the military discount. Gonna call tomorrow to see if I can get a better rate than the ap one we already have.

And second not so thanks to you for driving me to etsy to check out iron owns ; ). Never thought of this before but I only like v necks and have trouble finding options with characters. Of course I'm in the anti iron club too so go a have to figure that out

First, going to admit I find ironing relaxing, I iron my DS's t-shirts, and I do get made fun of for it by friends and family :blush:
Second, love your iron-ons! I enjoy wearing Disney themed shirts but the Disney store ones never fit me right :sad2: I bought some iron-ons for our trip last year, and promptly burned them when trying to put them on the shirts......SO not good at stuff like that! This trip I'm going with some custom ears from Etsy and giving up on shirts, except for a few that fit well from Hot Topic and the parks themselves. Post pics of the shirts when mom finishes them!

(I actually don't have Excel at home)

So, what I used to do when I was in grad school and didn't have Excel on the computer I used at school was do everything in Google Docs, which you can access from any computer with internet, and then if I needed it in Excel on my home computer, you can download files into Excel, or you can upload pre-existing documents into Google Docs. I actually do that with my phone now - all of my planning spreadsheets are in Google Sheets on my phone.

Yay! My favorite thing in the world!
I love all the iron-on images!

As for the iron-on transfers, the irony (see what I did there?) is this... I don't even own an iron and I refuse to. :laughing: I HATE IRONING. Not owning an iron gives me a good reason to never buy anything that requires ironing. So once the iron-on transfers arrive in the mail, I'm going to take them over to my Mama and she's going to apply them for me. (Have I mentioned that she's kinda the best? :-)) So once that's done, I'll be sure to post photos of the final products here!

I own an iron and don't use it. Really, that's what mothers are for!

Oh no! Fell behind!

I'm sorry that I'm no help on the CP. I would do it 100% if I didn't have 3 wild boys in tow. If I ever make it down on a solo/adults only trip during the holidays I would do it. It seems like a really special experience! Do you have a Biergarten ADR - I think that's included in the CP package?

I love the idea of iron ons! Customized shirts!

I'm so hopeless with an iron. We do own an iron/board but I would guess it's been at least 5 years since I used them! How great that your mom will be helping out! And fun Disney shopping spree!

ADR day is getting close...

Yes!! I love guilt-free shopping! (it's for the TRIP!) My husband says I have fuzzy math but here's what I think: if something costs $5 and you wear it 5 times, it's like you only paid $1 a day BUT if you wear it 6 times... its basically free!

Those tshirts are going to be so much fun and look so cute on you! Love the earrings too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter