It's My Birthday & I'll Disney if I Wanna! ~ A Dec 2015 PTR - COMPLETE!

I have been a lurker on Dis for years, rarely ever posting, but I wanted to let you know that I enjoyed your TR and your PTR so much that I've started my own.
Hooray! I'm so glad that I could help to inspire you to come out of the shadows! :hug:

20 days until ADRs! :thumbsup2
140 days until FP+! :cutie:
200 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

Just a quick little update today. First, to celebrate conquering another milestone!

200%20Days.jpg

Starting tomorrow, we're in the one-hundreds! Wooooo! :woohoo:

Also, I changed up a little bit in the planning and ADRs...

Trip%20Itinerary%20-%20Phase%202.jpg

I decided to split up the HS/Epcot days. I originally selected the days that I did for their respective late EMH that night. But after further consideration and pouring over crowd calenders, I figure it'll be better to spend the daytime at the park that doesn't have the EMH, and avoid some of the non-hopping crowds. After our mid-day break, we'll head over to the EMH park.

This also eliminated the need for a table service dinner at HS, and opened up a spot for a table service dinner at Epcot. Hooray! My first impulse was to switch it to Tutto Italia (which I've been trying and failing to book since my trip last year). But then I thought about it some more, and during my last conversation with my aunt and uncle, he mentioned loving German food. I went to Biergarten once about 10 years ago, and I liked it, but it's not something I'll ever do solo because of the communal seating. But with a party of three, especially my wonderfully chatty aunt who's never met a stranger, I think it'll be a good time! Not to mention a German buffet on the last night of our trip might be a nice surprise for my uncle. :goodvibes I'll just save Tutto Italia for a solo trip in the future!

Also moved breakfast at Akershus back an hour earlier. It's the one day we'll have to get up a little early, but I think it'll be worth it. Plus we have a relatively early night on the day before, so I'm sure I can rouse us up to get there in time for an 8am-ish ADR!

That's it! That's all I got today! :cutie:

Last edited:
20 days until ADRs! :thumbsup2
140 days until FP+! :cutie:
200 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

Just a quick little update today. First, to celebrate conquering another milestone!

200%20Days.jpg

Starting tomorrow, we're in the one-hundreds! Wooooo! :woohoo:

Also, I changed up a little bit in the planning and ADRs...

Trip%20Itinerary%20-%20Phase%202.jpg

I decided to split up the HS/Epcot days. Both parks have EMH that night, so I figure it'll be better to spend the day at the park that doesn't have them, and avoid some of the non-hopper daytime crowds. After our mid-day break, we'll head over to the EMH park.

This also eliminated the need for a table service dinner at HS, and opened up a spot for a table service dinner at Epcot. Hooray! My first impulse was to switch it to Tutto Italia (which I've been trying and failing to book since my trip last year). But then I thought about it some more, and during my last conversation with my aunt and uncle, he mentioned loving German food. I went to Biergarten once about 10 years ago, and I liked it, but it's not something I'll ever do solo because of the communal seating. But with a party of three, especially my wonderfully chatty aunt who's never met a stranger, I think it'll be a good time! Not to mention a German buffet on the last night of our trip might be a nice surprise for my uncle. :goodvibes I'll just save Tutto Italia for a solo trip in the future!

Also moved breakfast at Akershus back an hour earlier. It's the one day we'll have to get up a little early, but I think it'll be worth it. Plus we have a relatively early night on the day before, so I'm sure I can rouse us up to get there in time for an 8am-ish ADR!

That's it! That's all I got today! :cutie:

Even as a not-particularly-social gal myself, I really enjoyed Biergarten last time. It's one of the few restaurants I'm keen on repeating this time around. :)

Even as a not-particularly-social gal myself, I really enjoyed Biergarten last time. It's one of the few restaurants I'm keen on repeating this time around. :)
I definitely enjoyed the food and the atmosphere and the entertainment during the one time that I went! But it was just me and a friend, and neither of us were very outgoing. Not to mention the family they sat us with power-ignored us, to the point that we felt like were were intruding on their family dinner. It was just awkward across the board. :scared:

But I think with our group this time, it'll be different. My aunt is very outgoing, and I tend to become much more so in her company. My uncle is on the quiet side, but friendly and easy-going. If we get seated with some fun, friendly people, it'll be a good time! But even if we're seated with duds (like I was last time), at least we'll have each other. :grouphug:

Yay, 100's!!! Ok, so it's still 200 as I wrote this but I'm going to assume you won't see it until tomorrow and then I'll be right!

We tried Biergarten once several years ago. We liked it, but our youngest did not enjoy the food. I did not enjoy sharing a table only because we were up and down to get food and go potty, etc etc with the kids and they had seated us with two couples who I got the feeling we're not thrilled to be sitting with kids. We all loved the music though. When they did that bell song and were knocking each other's bells over and moving things, the girls were about falling out of their chairs they were laughing so loud. I think you and your aunt and uncle will have so much fun!

Yay for being almost in the 100s!! Can you believe your trip is only 200 days away??

I like that you're doing Biergarten for your uncle - that's so sweet! And it's always nice to go back to a restaurant you haven't visited in a while.

Biergarten looks awesome...so do all your ADR's...I hope you have better luck getting them than I did!!! I signed up for DisneyDiningBuddy for BOG lunch in October...so far...one came in for 10:30am..but I don't really wanna eat lunch at 10:30am...so I turned that one down...hopefully another comes though. But I'm sure you will get yours with being so on top of things so early!! I may have to copy your little "wishlist" chart for my FP+ wish list...so that it is all in one place once that 60 days hits...

I'm curious about your thoughts on Tusker House dinner. Have you done it since they added characters? Or have you heard anything about it that inspired you to put that ADR on your ultimate wishlist? We have an ADR for our October trip, and it's our only character dinner with a couple little kiddos. I'm very curious about the quality of the character interaction, but I haven't been able to find many reviews since they added characters to dinner :confused3

199 days! WHOOP
I love your ADRs i think you did a great job! Love Biergarten! LOVE LOVE!!! so i hope you have a blast!!!

Yay, 100's!!! Ok, so it's still 200 as I wrote this but I'm going to assume you won't see it until tomorrow and then I'll be right!
I did see it yesterday, actually. However, since I'm not replying until today, you're still totally right. :thumbsup2

We tried Biergarten once several years ago. We liked it, but our youngest did not enjoy the food. I did not enjoy sharing a table only because we were up and down to get food and go potty, etc etc with the kids and they had seated us with two couples who I got the feeling we're not thrilled to be sitting with kids.
Yeah, I really don't love the communal table thing. Mainly because you have no control over who you're sat with. I'm willing to give it another try, though! I did love the food, and I know my aunt & uncle will enjoy it. :goodvibes

We all loved the music though. When they did that bell song and were knocking each other's bells over and moving things, the girls were about falling out of their chairs they were laughing so loud. I think you and your aunt and uncle will have so much fun!
That DOES sound like so much fun! That's the sort of thing I'm looking forward to! ::yes::

Yay for being almost in the 100s!! Can you believe your trip is only 200 days away??
No, I can't believe it! Considering it was over 400 days when I started this thread! :eek:

I like that you're doing Biergarten for your uncle - that's so sweet! And it's always nice to go back to a restaurant you haven't visited in a while.
Yeah, I think it will be cool! Crystal Palace is another one I haven't been to in 10 years or so, and that one is for my aunt. It's been so long since I've been to either that they will pretty much feel new to me! :cutie:

Biergarten looks awesome...so do all your ADR's...I hope you have better luck getting them than I did!!! I signed up for DiningBuddy for BOG lunch in October...so far...one came in for 10:30am..but I don't really wanna eat lunch at 10:30am...so I turned that one down...hopefully another comes though. But I'm sure you will get yours with being so on top of things so early!! I may have to copy your little "wishlist" chart for my FP+ wish list...so that it is all in one place once that 60 days hits...
I am so nervous about this! :scared: I will be awake and online at 5:45am on my ADR day, and there's no Free Dining during my dates, so I'm praying that I'll be able to get everything!

I'm curious about your thoughts on Tusker House dinner. Have you done it since they added characters? Or have you heard anything about it that inspired you to put that ADR on your ultimate wishlist? We have an ADR for our October trip, and it's our only character dinner with a couple little kiddos. I'm very curious about the quality of the character interaction, but I haven't been able to find many reviews since they added characters to dinner :confused3
It was actually the addition of the characters at dinner that made up my mind. I did Tusker House for breakfast in September, and enjoyed it, both the food and the character interaction. I was curious about dinner, but had been kinda on the fence about booking it for this trip. Then I read that they were adding the characters to dinner, and I knew I wanted to work in Mickey dinner somewhere, and this would be the most convenient way to do it. I assume that the characters will be just as lovely at dinner as they are at breakfast and lunch! ::MickeyMo

199 days! WHOOP
I knowwwww, omg omg omg! :hyper:

I love your ADRs i think you did a great job! Love Biergarten! LOVE LOVE!!! so i hope you have a blast!!!
I think it'll be a good time and good food! I'm looking forward to it! ::yes::

Joining in here too and I'm loving your plans :)
Hooray, you found my PTR! :welcome: So glad to have you here! :hug:

Hi Billie! You have so many pages I haven't read through everything yet but I wanted to say hi :wave: and can't wait to read about all your plans! :D

Okay, off to start reading!

OMG when I saw in your April TR that you had this PTR going, I didn't realize how LATE to it I'd be!! Oh well, I'm here now :) This trip sounds awesome between your Aunt & Uncle coming, MVMCP, and Universal. We're actually going to Universal in Aug., first time for our DS's and first time in 15 years for DH and I.

Totally with you on the frustration waiting for park hours to be released! Even though Nov. hours have been out now for awhile, no calendar is showing Wishes for Thanksgiving week which is when we're going. I feel 90% positive they'll have them (how could they not???) but I don't understand leaving them off every calendar :sad2:

Today your are solidly in the 100s - yay!

Biergarten seems like such a fun experience. And I've heard nothing but good things about the food!

Tutto Italia is calling my name though, so I understand the struggle. I have about 15 places I want to eat at on my solo trip so it will need to be a really long trip!

Hi Billie! You have so many pages I haven't read through everything yet but I wanted to say hi :wave: and can't wait to read about all your plans! :D

Okay, off to start reading!
Yay! :welcome: So glad to have you here!

OMG when I saw in your April TR that you had this PTR going, I didn't realize how LATE to it I'd be!! Oh well, I'm here now :)
Haha! To be fair, I started this back in September as soon as I got back from THAT trip, so it's been going on for a while. The April trip popped up and surprised me! :cutie: Regardless, I'm so happy that you decided to join me over here! :hug:

This trip sounds awesome between your Aunt & Uncle coming, MVMCP, and Universal. We're actually going to Universal in Aug., first time for our DS's and first time in 15 years for DH and I.
I went to Universal last year for the first time since 1998 (while IoA was under construction still), so it had been 16 years for me. I mainly went just for the Harry Potter stuff, and that's why my aunt & uncle want to go on this trip as well. But they are also interested in other parts of the two parks as well, so it should be a fun day! :goodvibes

Totally with you on the frustration waiting for park hours to be released! Even though Nov. hours have been out now for awhile, no calendar is showing Wishes for Thanksgiving week which is when we're going. I feel 90% positive they'll have them (how could they not???) but I don't understand leaving them off every calendar :sad2:
Yeah, that's pretty weird about what they've done with Thanksgiving week. I wonder if they're waiting until closer till to post the schedules? :confused3

Today your are solidly in the 100s - yay!
Wooooo! :woohoo:

Biergarten seems like such a fun experience. And I've heard nothing but good things about the food!
I'm looking forward to it! I think they'lll really enjoy the food and entertainment! :thumbsup2

Tutto Italia is calling my name though, so I understand the struggle. I have about 15 places I want to eat at on my solo trip so it will need to be a really long trip!
Yasssss! I'll just have to squeeze it in and make room for it on my short little 3-night solo trip that I'm planning for October 2016! :bitelip:

I think since i am so late your down to 197? Is that right?!?!:jumping2:

I love your spreadsheet! Do you do details touring plans too? Or just high level plans?

Love your restaurant choices, which day is your actual birthday I forgot (sorry):sad1:

ADR day is coming hope you get everything at the times you want it!.

Have a great day!

I'm just now jumping on board, I just finished your April trip report, so now I have to catch up on your PTR ... but I wanted to say we will be down there and overlapping when you are there ... my daughter is dancing in the taped Christmas parade in Magic Kingdom, which happens while you are there. We are there 12/2 - 12/6!!!!!

I think since i am so late your down to 197? Is that right?!?!:jumping2:
Yes, that's right! 197 more days!!! :hyper:

I love your spreadsheet! Do you do details touring plans too? Or just high level plans?
Actuallly I'm normally just an organized planner, but no touring plan. Being solo, and especially having wheels, I can kinda just freestyle it (aside from FP+ and ADRs). But with my bipedal aunt and uncle joining me for this one, I can't do all the criss-crossing of the parks that I normally do. Plus I love thrill rides, but my aunt can't handle anything more intense than It's a Small World. So I'm thinking of sitting down this time and coming up with an actual touring plan for each park day. Not necessarily a minute-by-minute one, but at least an ordered list in which we should hit attractions. My hope is that it will help me organize my thoughts, figure out who is riding what and when, and that will be a HUGE help when my FP+ selection day arrives. :thumbsup2

Love your restaurant choices, which day is your actual birthday I forgot (sorry):sad1:
It's actually the day before we arrive, Dec. 3rd. For scheduling reasons, we needed to do a Fri-Fri trip. I originally was looking at Nov. 27-Dec. 4, so that I could actually be at WDW on my birthday. But Nov. 27th is Black Friday, and I got scared of having to deal with Thanksgiving crowds for the first half of the trip. So I bumped it back to December 4-11... Still counts! :D

ADR day is coming hope you get everything at the times you want it!.

Have a great day!
Thank you! I'm gonna need lots of pixie dust on my ADR day... I'm SO NERVOUS!!! :scared:

I'm just now jumping on board, I just finished your April trip report, so now I have to catch up on your PTR ... but I wanted to say we will be down there and overlapping when you are there ... my daughter is dancing in the taped Christmas parade in Magic Kingdom, which happens while you are there. We are there 12/2 - 12/6!!!!!
Oh cool! That also makes you the perfect person to ask... What day is the parade taping? I typically try to avoid MK on that day! :laughing:

Last edited:
I'd like to know, too. Our current touring plan only gives us one full day in the MK, and parade taping would make it a nightmare. :crowded:

Honestly I am not sure what day they are taping the parade, they haven't released that information to us yet, but as soon as I know, you will be the very next person to know. I am going to say I think it's Saturday, but I could be wrong ... that's sort of when I remember it being last time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter