• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's My Birthday & I'll Disney if I Wanna! ~ A Dec 2015 PTR - COMPLETE!

I'm joining in a little late but I'm enjoying your PTR so far!

Congrats on your weight loss so far! I'm trying to lose some weight before my Disneymoon this September and losing each pound is a tough battle. I'm jealous of your 15 pounds lost!

I love that Star Wars dress you posted! I think it would look great with some black leggings under it.

Can't wait to hear more as you get even closer to being able to solidify your plans!

I'm joining in a little late but I'm enjoying your PTR so far!

Congrats on your weight loss so far! I'm trying to lose some weight before my Disneymoon this September and losing each pound is a tough battle. I'm jealous of your 15 pounds lost!

I love that Star Wars dress you posted! I think it would look great with some black leggings under it.

Can't wait to hear more as you get even closer to being able to solidify your plans!
Thanks for the encouragement! My weightloss has hit a a plateau recently; But admittedly, I'm not trying very hard either. LOL. I go through this with my weight. I'll go from gung-ho for losing it, to feeling like "Heck with it! I'm fat! And I'm okay with it!" So then I fall off the wagon. Then I feel guilty for failing, and try again. An endless cycle, I tell ya! :laughing:

I'm joining in! We'll be there December 13 - 19!
Yay! Congratulations! And welcome to my PTR! :goodvibes

Well I did it! I succumbed to peer pressure and started my own pre-trip report :o
I'm lurking over there! Just haven't had time this week to sit down to read and post. Soon, I promise! ::yes::

:sail:Yea! I found you! When the app went bye bye it really threw me for a loop, took me a long time to get used to the new site since I always use my iPad, not a pc. So I haven't checked in much, but I'm caught up !

Following along! I read your solo TR and really enjoyed it! I'm planning a solo trip for next summer so I really enjoyed reading about your adventures!

Hey there! Sorry i went missing. but apparently everything was stuck in my dang spam filter as they changed their address!!!

keep on counting down these days and congrats on the 51% paid!! YAHOO!!!!!!

We are another month closer :) I cant wait & with party dates being released it makes me even more excited

:sail:Yea! I found you! When the app went bye bye it really threw me for a loop, took me a long time to get used to the new site since I always use my iPad, not a pc. So I haven't checked in much, but I'm caught up !
Hi, Kelly!!! :hug: So glad you found me again! Thanks for being here!

Following along! I read your solo TR and really enjoyed it! I'm planning a solo trip for next summer so I really enjoyed reading about your adventures!
Hooray for Solo trips! :goodvibes And thanks for reading the TR, I really appreciate it! I need to do another update here, but life has been so crazy lately. :scared:

Hey there! Sorry i went missing. but apparently everything was stuck in my dang spam filter as they changed their address!!!

keep on counting down these days and congrats on the 51% paid!! YAHOO!!!!!!
No apology needed! I went missing too! I know I'm forever behind on your your September TR. I promise to get caught up! :guilty: Soon! As for my countdown, I'm getting totally antsy!!! I NEED MORE THINGS TO PLAN!!! :hyper:

We are another month closer :) I cant wait & with party dates being released it makes me even more excited
Yes! 8 months and change to go now! Soooo excitied! :woohoo: And yeah, getting those MVMCP dates so early this year was a surprise! I used last year's party dates to get an idea of when I want us to go, so it was nice to see that my planning worked out as I had hoped, and there it one on our arrival night, Dec. 4th. Dinner at 4pm at Chef Mickey to meet the Mouse and friends, then head over to the Magic Kingdom until midnight. How's THAT for a start to the week? :laughing:

No apology needed! I went missing too! I know I'm forever behind on your your September TR. I promise to get caught up! :guilty: Soon! As for my countdown, I'm getting totally antsy!!! I NEED MORE THINGS TO PLAN!!! :hyper:

Take your time. It's finished and i moved on to a PTR!!!

Joining in! Love your PTR! Congratulations on the WL!!! I really need to do this too. How exciting to be going with your family!! Can't wait to read more! Oh and I love the dress! So cool!!

Joining in! Love your PTR! Congratulations on the WL!!! I really need to do this too. How exciting to be going with your family!! Can't wait to read more! Oh and I love the dress! So cool!!
Welcome to my PTR! :wave2: So glad that you're here!

62 days until Park Hours! :upsidedow
92 days until ADRs! :thumbsup2
212 days until FP+! :cutie:
272 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

Sorry it's been so long since I've done a real update here... Life has totally been bogarting my DIS time! Here's a quick planning update for ya'll, though. Quick & dirty style:

I've once again rebooted my ADR wish list. Yes, still without even knowing the park hours. I'm ridiculous. :D

Here's the new plan:

Crystal Palace - Dinner
Ohana - Dinner
Mama Melrose - Dinner
T-Rex - Dinner
Akershus - Breakfast
Be Our Guest - Dinner (with 1900 Park Fare as a back-up plan)
Tusker House - Dinner
Boma - Breakfast

I'm feeling pretty good about this list! (Let's see how long that lasts... :laughing: )

I also made some changes to our reservations. I removed the tickets and converted them to ticketless packages (room & dining only). Why would I do something so insane, you ask? :scratchin

Well....

At work, we have some No Expiration tickets that have been in our inventory FOR-EV-ER. My boss has decided she wants them gone, so she's going to be putting them all on clearance in the next week.

As such, I will be buying three 5-Day Park Hopper No-Expiration tickets for only $319 each. SAY WHAAAAAAAAT! :scared1:

I just saved each of us $84.00, plus anything we don't use on this trip won't expire and we can use it on future trips (and as of right now, I only expect we will use 4 out of the 5 days). Heck of a deal, right? :hyper:

By buying these here in the next few days, I'll be getting closer and closer to having everything paid for! Super exciting!

Okay, that's all I got right now! I heart ya'll! :lovestruc

Last edited:
Love Boma and am definitely considering Tusker House myself (I'm a vegetarian and they are both great with vegetarians)
Any particular reason you're doing T-Rex? I haven't been but most reviews I've seen have said low and at least slightly sub-par food.

Also, that is an awesome job perk and I'm totally jealous!

Woohoo! $84 saved on tickets?! :thumbsup2 That means $84 that can be potentially spent on something else for the trip! Your ADR wish list looks awesome! ::yes::

New ADR list looks great. You've still got a few more months to make changes. I hope you can get everything you want!

Holy cow that ticket deal is amazing! I'm so excited for you!! And now you have more money for awesome Disney souvenirs :)

Nice save!!! Especially when Disney no longer offers the NE! GREAT JOB!!!

It's getting CLOSER!

Love Boma and am definitely considering Tusker House myself (I'm a vegetarian and they are both great with vegetarians)
Any particular reason you're doing T-Rex? I haven't been but most reviews I've seen have said low and at least slightly sub-par food.

Also, that is an awesome job perk and I'm totally jealous!
Regarding T-Rex... I am the total opposite of a vegetarian. I am freakin' Tyrannosaurus Rex, dude. And they got some mighty fine-lookin' meat dishes up in that place. Boneyard Buffet? Don't mind if a do!

Additionally, I've heard nothing but good reviews of the food. My co-worker makes it a must-do for her family every trip.

And I'm kind of a nerd. And it seems like the kind of nerdy thing I would like. :cutie:

Woohoo! $84 saved on tickets?! :thumbsup2 That means $84 that can be potentially spent on something else for the trip! Your ADR wish list looks awesome! ::yes::
Actually, that $84 is going to cover one of those ADRs! My package is for 7 nights, but I narrowed it down to 8 ADRs. So breakfast at Boma on our departure day is going to be my treat. :goodvibes

New ADR list looks great. You've still got a few more months to make changes. I hope you can get everything you want!

Holy cow that ticket deal is amazing! I'm so excited for you!! And now you have more money for awesome Disney souvenirs :)
Or in my case, more money for more food and more liquor drinks. Because vacation. :rotfl:

Nice save!!! Especially when Disney no longer offers the NE! GREAT JOB!!!

It's getting CLOSER!
Yeah, I'm pretty tickled about the tickets! Hopefully they'll be reduced in our system tomorrow so I can buy them. I'm exciiiiiited! :hyper:

Last edited:
Regarding T-Rex... I am the total opposite of a vegetarian. I'm a freakin' Tyrannosaurus Rex, dude. And they got some mighty fine-lookin' meat dishes up in that place. Boneyard Buffet? Don't mind if a do!

Additionally, I've heard nothing but good reviews of the food. My co-worker makes it a must-do for her family every trip.

And I'm kind of a nerd. And it seems like the kind of nerdy thing I would like. :cutie:

I don't know if we can be friends any more. :hug: jk.

I should mention that Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom reduces me to tears (and I could ride Tower of Terror, Everest, and Rockin' Roller Coaster for days on end), so the idea of being stuck in a restaurant with constant meteor storms is a bit of nightmare for me, so I'll just live vicariously through you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter