It's My Birthday & I'll Disney if I Wanna! ~ A Dec 2015 PTR - COMPLETE!

So, I finally got time to check in and read through the day 7 plans ... and I made it before you posted the lasy day plans. Score!

Debby will be sitting this one out, so hopefully she can find some trouble in Dinoland USA to get into. (Or just go through the queue with us, and then chicken exit it!)

Trouble? In Dinoland? Is there anywhere to find trouble in Dinoland?
(Okay, probably)

And lord knows I don't mind a little solo time. :cutie:

Really? You like solo time? I never would have guessed ... (sorry, my sarcasm level is extra high today)

Another one I don't mind skipping if we run out of time, though. It would be nice to see once, and it's something that Debby can do!

I have a similar feeling about Nemo. I want to see it, but it's something that can be skipped if time is tight.

ftb.png

Flame Tree BBQ! Yum!

That looks delicious. Seriously. The perfect amount of burnt outside, and probably perfect inside.

We'll spend time exploring the countries that we didn't get to previously (so by my estimation, we'll be seeing Mexico through Italy tonight)

Do you guys plan to do the boat ride in Mexico? It's one of my favorites, but I feel like not so many people do it, and I don't know why...

Biergarten! I always pass this one over when I'm solo because of my social anxiety and STRANGER DANGER. :scared: But my uncle loves German food, and my aunt is pretty outgoing and chatty, and they know about my issues, so Aunt Debby said that they'll protect me by putting me on the end of the table so I hopefully don't have to sit next to or across from scary strangers. :rotfl: Totally looking forward to the yummy noms and the show, though!

Things like that make me so nervous. You're lucky to have Aunt Debby to protect you so that you can enjoy the yummy noms!

Illuminations! My favorite! Just the music alone gets me all misty! :sad:

Yay! Illuminations!! Who doesn't love Illuminations?

And then we'll meet back up with Debby, and hopefully we'll have plenty of time to head over to visit with a purple dragon... Not even gonna lie, ya'll. Primarily only planning to try and squeeze this in because I fear the wrath of @Chicago Mo and @cajunfan .

Don't go over to the evil side! Skip the purple dragon! Down with Figment!

Also ... I saw this article online: http://www.today.com/pets/cuddly-or-killers-heres-why-your-cat-may-actually-want-t53421
Basically ... your cats are mini-lions and may actually want to kill you. Although probably not.

Fun last day plans!
If you do end up fitting in Soarin again please have in mind those of us who'll be missing it. I'm still crossing my fingers that somehow magically the Soarin refurb will be done by May (even though it's scheduled for summer). Although on the bright side it does free up an FP for Illuminations.
I didn't think about Soarin' being down frees up the FP+ for Illumintations. That's a good way to look at it! :cutie:

Also looking forward to FTB myself. Can't wait to sink my teeth into them ribs. Unless it's pork in which case I'll be majorly disappointed.
I think they are pork. I can't remember! I eat both! I did some quick googling to see if I could find out for you, but didn't get a clear answer. I'm sorry! :(

I'm still holding out minor hope they don't start the refurb till later in January. We get there 8 days after it is closing down for refurb. On the plus side, we can do it when we go to Disneyland next December.
Oh oh oh! I hope they delay it for you, then! (Just as long as they don't delay it TOO long... I need it up and running again in time for my October trip! :laughing: )

Now, you know that I love a good spreadsheet. But my OCD is SCREAMING at me that the top of your Excel sheet here reads "Hollywood Studios/Epcot".
YAAASSSS!!! Thank you!!! This is exactly why I share my sheets, so that ya'll can catch these kinds of errors for me! Originally this WAS going to be a HS/Epcot day, but it got changed when Minnie's Holiday Dining was announced. I clearly forgot to update the heading on this page in my workbook. Thank you SO MUCH for calling that to my attention! You're awesome!

nkus6a648V1SM.gif

Sigh. I could spend hours watching these pretty babies.
You and me both, girl. :lovestruc

Now this just won't be happening. Like, ever. Birds are my one true fear in life.

Like screaming and running away kind of terror. But I think the boys would really love this so I may send my parents with them at some point. And that will just leave me to check out the single rider line for EE!
That's what I'm saying! Drop the family off at the bird show and RUN to go have your own fun! :thumbsup2

I feel you 100%. I don't mind talking to strangers in general but I don't like forced situations. I'm glad you get to experience this with a buffer! I've heard the Christmas decorations are really fun!
Exactly! I'm glad to actually be looking forward to it! :goodvibes

Fun night in Epcot! Illuminations and all the fun in Future World are a great way to wrap up your trip!
I think so! I love ending my trips in Epcot when I can! ::yes::

That would be an awkward situation. I can see how you would definitely feel out of place. I don't think I would like that set up.
Yeah, it was no bueno. :sad2: I hope it goes better this time!

Your plans look great. Spread sheets awesome. Your next month is going to go so fast. Are you getting a little anxious with anticipation. I always find Christmas is a special time to visit.
I haven't been during Christmas time since 2009 (which was also a birthday trip), so I'm really looking forward to it! :santa:

I need to get my act together and get everything in one place. I have only 48 days left to get in gear. I have everything planned but not organize like I should. You put me to shame.
My October 2016 trip is already planned out and organized, too. :crazy:

Last park day :sad:

However the plans look great! Any day that ends with (or has) illuminations in it is good in my book! Honestly I love that freaking show!
Me too, omg! It was the first thing at Disney to make my cry. It has a very special place in my heart. :lovestruc

Excited to hear how the berigarden is too!
I'm excited to eat eat eat and find out how it is! :rotfl:

Speaking of food flame tree looks to die for!!! :love:
It's always been good everytime I've eaten there! YUM! :bitelip:

So, I finally got time to check in and read through the day 7 plans ... and I made it before you posted the lasy day plans. Score!
It's been a CRAZY day at the office, I'm shocked I've found time to even do replies. So Last Day plans, although very brief, might not surface until later this evening. I'll do my best, though! :thumbsup2

Trouble? In Dinoland? Is there anywhere to find trouble in Dinoland?
(Okay, probably)
I dunno, she's pretty short, maybe she can play in the Boneyard? :confused3 :laughing:

Really? You like solo time? I never would have guessed ... (sorry, my sarcasm level is extra high today)
YES I LOVE SOLO TIME BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE LAME. :rotfl:

I have a similar feeling about Nemo. I want to see it, but it's something that can be skipped if time is tight.
Yeah, I'm just not gonna make special arrangements to see it. But if we have some time before lunch, sure, why not? :-)

That looks delicious. Seriously. The perfect amount of burnt outside, and probably perfect inside.
It's always been perfect in the past when I've eaten there! So good! :goodvibes

Do you guys plan to do the boat ride in Mexico? It's one of my favorites, but I feel like not so many people do it, and I don't know why...
I think it's hilariously hokey. We might ride it just for the novelty! Normally though, I do skip it. :P

Things like that make me so nervous. You're lucky to have Aunt Debby to protect you so that you can enjoy the yummy noms!
Yes! I'll hide on the other side of her and Uncle Mark and just eat my feelings. :rotfl:

Yay! Illuminations!! Who doesn't love Illuminations?
Horrible people, that's who! :laughing:

Don't go over to the evil side! Skip the purple dragon! Down with Figment!
He's cute, but just not give-up-other-things-in-order-to-go-see-him levels of cute! :figment:

Also ... I saw this article online: http://www.today.com/pets/cuddly-or-killers-heres-why-your-cat-may-actually-want-t53421
Basically ... your cats are mini-lions and may actually want to kill you. Although probably not.
It wouldn't surprise me. I swear that sometimes when the look at me, I see murder in their eyes. :cat::cat:

32 days until WDW! :hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

This will be a super brief post, as it's our departure day! BOOO! :sad:

DAY 8 - Friday, December 11 - Travel

Day%208%20-%20Dec.%2011.png

I'll start my morning with one final trip down to the lobby to return my ECV and do any last-minute shopping in the Ink and Paint shop. Mark and Debby will load up the car, then drive around and meet me up front. We'll say good-bye to Art of Animation, and then head over to our departure day breakfast.

I always like to do a nice breakfast buffet on departure day. Leaving is just so sad, and I find it helps to kind of ease my way out of the Disney bubble. And where are we headed this morning, you ask?

Animal-Kingdom-Lodge-2jpg.jpg

Animal Kingdom Lodge! A stop here is ubiquitous on my Disney trips. I've popped in every vacation since 2002, and always to eat at the same restaurant. I'm hoping we'll be early, so that we have some time to check out the animal overlook...

akl-animals.jpg

And then head down to our yummy breakfast at...

boma.png

And eat delicious food like...

20140928_110535-1.jpg

Mmmmmm. Soooooo good. (Especially the scrambled eggs with goat cheese and chives. Yummm!)

The idea is to fill up our bellies then hit the road, so we can make the 5-hour drive home without needing to stop for lunch. We'll still stop at the halfway point to top off the gas tank and pee and all that good stuff.

We should be back at my grandparents house around 6pm, and we'll have dinner with them. After we eat, I'll hug Aunt Debby and Uncle Mark, as they will be heading home to Atlanta the following day. At that point, somebody will run me to my and my luggage over to apartment. And then it'll be home sweet home... and time to focus on planning the next trip! :cutie:

Last edited:
Yay Boma! We really enjoyed it when we went back in 2006 before any minions. It was on the plans for December since we were going to stay AKL, of course now we're going to California and DL instead. It is now on the list for 2018 or 2021 or both.

32 days until WDW! :hyper:

Yay! Only a little over a month!

This will be a super brief post, as it's our departure day! BOOO! :sad:

Aw, so sad! But at least you have a few last hours of Disney fun before it ends!

Especially the scrambled eggs with goat cheese and chives. Mmmmmm!

And now I want scrambled eggs. But I had an omelet for breakfast,and that's a little too much egg for one day.
Although those look much better than my scrambled eggs.

And then it'll be home sweet home... and time to focus on planning the next trip! :cutie:

October 2016! It's less than a year away!
Isn't it nice to have your next trip already booked?

Last day...boooo! :sad:

But Boma does seem like an awesome way to round out your trip!

We may try dinner here in May on our rest day but I'm just not sure. Then again, I may save it for next October. But then I'm torn...Boma or Sanaa? Decisions!

Boo Departure day... I have never been to AKL. for anything. I need to rectify this.

When are you thinking of going back?

Departure Day SUCKS!

I have never eaten at any of the AKL restaurants...well I did try Zebra Domes at the quick service one (Mara?), but that is it. I have had a DIS meet there though and hung out in the lobby. It is so BEAUTIFUL!

My geography is pitiful, but do you all not go through Atlanta to go to WDW? You all probably go along the coast, but just can't picture it in my mind (or what is left of it)

Boo Departure day... I have never been to AKL. for anything. I need to rectify this.

You do need to at least go visit AKL...like I said above, the lobby is beautiful and the kids (and adults) will enjoy the animal overlook. It truly is stunning.

And ummm...did you not see her other pre-trip report? :teeth: You are just too excited for your trip to remember....

Departure day definately has a high suckage factor but I love your idea of ending with Boma, one of your faves! I've always hated the last day when you have to get up early and leave for a flight right away, it's like ripping off a bandage :sad:. I think a breakfast ADR is a perfect way to ease out of the Disney bubble. I'm going to adopt this strategy for sure!

Almost to the 30 day dance!! :banana:

I love the idea of doing a nice leisurely breakfast on the last day. Unfortunately we had to leave our resort at 8am on our last trip...sigh. Boma looks soo good. I have been there but only for dinner and I imagine their breakfast is fantastic. They probably have some different options too which would be good. The scenery there is just so pretty too!!

Yay Boma! We really enjoyed it when we went back in 2006 before any minions. It was on the plans for December since we were going to stay AKL, of course now we're going to California and DL instead. It is now on the list for 2018 or 2021 or both.
Definitely make time for it when you can, it's awesome. :thumbsup2

:sad::sad::sad:!!! Departure day!

Hopefully this is an uneventful day. Safe travels!
I hope so too! Delicious breakfast followed by a quiet drive home. Maybe I'll even be able to catch up on sleep in the car! :scratchin

Yay! Only a little over a month!
Yaaaassss!!! :woohoo:

Aw, so sad! But at least you have a few last hours of Disney fun before it ends!
That's the idea! ::yes::

And now I want scrambled eggs. But I had an omelet for breakfast,and that's a little too much egg for one day.
Although those look much better than my scrambled eggs.
They're pretty much the best scrambles eggs ever! Om nom nom! :bitelip:

October 2016! It's less than a year away!
Isn't it nice to have your next trip already booked?
It definitely doesn't suck! :laughing:

Boma - yummm! Not sure how I missed these scrambled eggs when we were there in Sept!
Oh man, they better still have them! I'll be so sad if they're gone! :sad:

Last day...boooo! :sad:

But Boma does seem like an awesome way to round out your trip!

We may try dinner here in May on our rest day but I'm just not sure. Then again, I may save it for next October. But then I'm torn...Boma or Sanaa? Decisions!
Do Boma in May when you have the kiddos. More options for them. Sanaa's menu doesn't seem very kid-friendly to me. Save it for your solo trip in October. :thumbsup2

Looks like we're all hungry! Eggs and goat cheese and chives - what a yummy idea! I might have to try that out at home...
I had never even had goat cheese until I tried those eggs. So goooood! :bitelip:

You definitely do! I know how much you want to stay there someday. Until then though, it's definitely worth the trip over there just to eat and hang out and shop (their gift shop, Zawadi Marketplace, is super awesome). :goodvibes

You already know the answer to this! The PTR is in my signature! :rotfl:

Departure Day SUCKS!
It totally does. :sad:

I have never eaten at any of the AKL restaurants...well I did try Zebra Domes at the quick service one (Mara?), but that is it. I have had a DIS meet there though and hung out in the lobby. It is so BEAUTIFUL!
I love Zebra Domes! And yes, the lobby is incredible. I always take some time to just relax in one of the comfy arm chairs. (Serious nap potential here.) :faint:

My geography is pitiful, but do you all not go through Atlanta to go to WDW? You all probably go along the coast, but just can't picture it in my mind (or what is left of it)
Not even close:

Atlanta is 4.5 hours northeast of me...

atl-bft.png

Walt Disney World is 5 hours south of me...

bft-wdw.png

You do need to at least go visit AKL...like I said above, the lobby is beautiful and the kids (and adults) will enjoy the animal overlook. It truly is stunning.
What Lynn said! ::yes::

And ummm...did you not see her other pre-trip report? :teeth: You are just too excited for your trip to remember....
She is! And I can't say that I blame her one bit! :hyper:

Departure day definately has a high suckage factor but I love your idea of ending with Boma, one of your faves! I've always hated the last day when you have to get up early and leave for a flight right away, it's like ripping off a bandage :sad:. I think a breakfast ADR is a perfect way to ease out of the Disney bubble. I'm going to adopt this strategy for sure!
I've found that it helps me a lot with the Departure Day blues!! :thumbsup2

Almost to the 30 day dance!! :banana:
Tomorrowwwwww!!! :hyper:

It's sad that it's departure day but what a lovely way to finish :goodvibes
I think so, too! :cutie:

Amazing plans!! Getting close! :)
Not as close as YOU are, though! Super jelly! :D

I love the idea of doing a nice leisurely breakfast on the last day. Unfortunately we had to leave our resort at 8am on our last trip...sigh. Boma looks soo good. I have been there but only for dinner and I imagine their breakfast is fantastic. They probably have some different options too which would be good. The scenery there is just so pretty too!!
After many many dinner visits, I did their breakfast for the first time last year, and discovered just how good it is. Now, since visiting Boma is a tradition on every trip, I try to alternate. I did dinner on the last trip, so breakfast on this one. And on my next trip, I'll be back for dinner again! :P

Last edited:
After many many dinner visits, I did their breakfast for the first time last year, and discovered just how good it is. Now, since visiting Boma is a tradition on every trip, I try to alternate. I did dinner on the last trip, so breakfast on this one. And on my next trip, I'll be back for dinner again! :P
Didn't you eat dinner there on your super quick April trip. I remember that you barely made it there in time. Eating a leisurely breakfast buffet before driving home sounds good. :)

We like to have a nice breakfast on our departure day. I would love to eat at Boma but without a car it gets a little tricky. But ....... if they have the same egg and ham fritatta that Tusker House serves, then I might have to find a way to get over there.

Last edited:
Even if its the last day it looks like you are gonna go out on a great food note. I'm sure your Aunt and Uncle will love AKL. As you know its truly a unique disney experience that just can't be replicated

We have a dinner at boma booked but I'm kind of tempted to book a breakfast too because both menus look so good...

Luckily I think the unavailability of that ADR will save our wallets and our waistlines from further Disney abuse!

I"m here! And still loving all of your plan making! :) You only have 1 month left and everything is falling into place perfectly. Time is going so fast, and it'll be here before you know it! Boma was most definitely a favorite place of mine. But we had dinner. Breakfast looks just as scrumptious! Make sure to take loads of photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter