It's My Birthday & I'll Disney if I Wanna! ~ A Dec 2015 PTR - COMPLETE!

By now you're even closer than 43 days, and I'm super-de-duper excited for you. And insanely jelly! My favorite (by a long shot) at DHS is ToT as well. Such super cool theming in there. Love the gorillas too. I think I spent a long time hanging out over there on my last trip too. Pumped to hear how you like Harambe. That's on the docket for next year as well. It comes with so many high recommendations. Take good notes (and pix!).

Got a little bit behind for a while. All caught up now!
I love reading your plans, especially when it comes to food. You've definitely made me rethink some of my choices. Such as Kona Café. Now it's one of my choices for last day breakfast. Salivating princess here! Obviously am going to have to schedule another trip. Maybe for the 5oth @ F&W. Now that would be a dream come true.
So far sounds like your aunt and uncle are going to have the BEST time! Can't wait to read the trip report

I got busy with other things and just now made it through the rest of your PTR. For what its worth, you made a good choice with your charger. Your best bet for good and fast charging and longevity is a charger over 10,000 mAh. You'll be fine carrying it. I carry one with me most of the time and even forget it is there. And you should get multiple charges from it.

These look ridiculously good!
Don't they, though? Yum! :bitelip:

I'm so excited to hear that this will more of a year-round thing rather than just the holidays! That's so cool! I wasn't planning on doing Hollywood and Vine this year but that may have to change.
It's pretty exciting, right? :goodvibes

OMG dying to see this! Sooo excited! Is it also true that those with the Disney Visa can get a special SW character meet n greet in addition to these Star Wars Launch Bay characters?
Not a clue! Disney won't give me a Visa card! :rotfl:

Ending the night with my favorite show! Love your packed day but that's they way I do Disney too!
Not TOO packed, though... We still get our afternoon breaks in! :thumbsup2

By now you're even closer than 43 days, and I'm super-de-duper excited for you. And insanely jelly! My favorite (by a long shot) at DHS is ToT as well. Such super cool theming in there.
Yaaassss! ToT is amaaaaazing! :hyper:

Love the gorillas too. I think I spent a long time hanging out over there on my last trip too.
The tigers over in Asia are definitely my fave, but the gorillas still get a lot of my time! :cutie:

Pumped to hear how you like Harambe. That's on the docket for next year as well. It comes with so many high recommendations. Take good notes (and pix!).
Oh, there will be pictures, you can be sure of that! ::yes::

Got a little bit behind for a while. All caught up now!
No worries, I'm chronically behind on the threads that I follow! :laughing:

I love reading your plans, especially when it comes to food. You've definitely made me rethink some of my choices. Such as Kona Café. Now it's one of my choices for last day breakfast. Salivating princess here! Obviously am going to have to schedule another trip. Maybe for the 5oth @ F&W. Now that would be a dream come true.
I am so stoked for Kona!!! It's been on my list for ages!!! :goodvibes

So far sounds like your aunt and uncle are going to have the BEST time! Can't wait to read the trip report
I hope they enjoy it! There will most definitely be a trip report! :thumbsup2

I got busy with other things and just now made it through the rest of your PTR.
I can't believe you read the whole thing! You're amazing! :worship:

For what its worth, you made a good choice with your charger. Your best bet for good and fast charging and longevity is a charger over 10,000 mAh. You'll be fine carrying it. I carry one with me most of the time and even forget it is there. And you should get multiple charges from it.
That's very reassuring! I wanted to get something that would have enough power for me to use all day, and for my uncle to hook up to sometimes if he needed it. (He's not a power user like I am, though, so for him it would just be emergencies, unlike me who will use 1-2 charges off it each day.) :cutie:

Seriously girl I just took a peek at your ticker!!! :banana:
One month, one week and one day to go!!! I just got butterflies... So excited for you!
I'm loving reading all your daily plans. I hope one day to be able to allow myself the mid day break. I always feel like I'm going to miss something if I leave the parks to rest and relax, but then I come home totally wiped out! I'm not gettin' any younger so I'm going to have to learn :laughing:

Seriously girl I just took a peek at your ticker!!! :banana:
One month, one week and one day to go!!! I just got butterflies... So excited for you!
I know!!! Isn't it beautiful? 1-1-1! :woohoo:

I'm loving reading all your daily plans. I hope one day to be able to allow myself the mid day break. I always feel like I'm going to miss something if I leave the parks to rest and relax, but then I come home totally wiped out! I'm not gettin' any younger so I'm going to have to learn :laughing:
I learned the HARD way that I need that mid-day break. :faint: And Mark & Debby identified early on in the planning process that 12-16 hours of daily theme parking without a break would be a bit much for them. So I made sure to build in a 3-hour break (including travel time) each day for us. Since I can't sleep at night while on vacation, it'll be good for me to sneak back to the room for a nap... Hopefully this trip will see less of me sleeping on my scooter or in random waiting areas. :rotfl:

39 days until WDW! :hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

Are ya'll ready for this? It's our longest day of the whole trip... :cutie:

DAY 6 - Wednesday, December 9 - Magic Kingdom

Day%206%20-%20Dec.%209.png

I am really hoping that Uncle Mark and Aunt Debby can keep up with me on this day! I'm doing my first ever MK pre-park-opening breakfast today! We'll catch the bus bright and early. I'm not really sure what to expect when we get there, all I know is I hope we have time for some good pictures of...

castle.png

And that we can take said photos without making ourselves late for our 8:30am ADR at...

SANY0154.jpg

Can't wait to feast on that breakfast lasagna and puffed french toast for the first time! And get a warm hug from Winnie the Pooh! :cutie:

After breakfast, the plan is to send Mark and Debby off to Adventureland to ride the Jungle Cruise, while I scoot on over to Tomorrowland again for some final facepainting action. Then afterwards, I'll reconvene with them for our first FP+ (10:15a-11:15a) of the day at...

potc.png

After hangin' with some dirty scoundrel pirates, I'll check to see how the wait for the Enchanted Tiki Room is. It's not a personal fave, but I think Debby might like it!

From there, we'll make our way around the bend into Frontierland. I'll pop over to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, where I'll scoot on up to the cast member, who once he sees my ECV will give me a Return Time pass.

Some of you might not know what that means, so I should explain: The stand-by queue at BTMR isn't ECV accessible... You have to approach the loading platform through from Exit. And when the wait for the regular line is long, instead of allowing ECVs and wheelchairs to "cut" in front of everybody, they issue you and your party a Return Time pass that is equal to the current wait time in the Stand-By queue. So if you show up at 10:45am, and the current wait is 50 minutes, you get a Return Time pass for 11:35am.

Depending how long the wait is, we'll either hang around, or we'll pop across the path to use our FP+ (11:15a-12:15p) at my most favorite ride in the park...

splash.jpg

...Splash Mountain! I am already prepared that I might be going solo on this one. I know Debby won't ride it because of the drop at the end (which is a shame, because I think she'd really enjoy everything leading up to it), and I'm not sure how Mark will feel about getting splashed. But we all have FP+ for it, just in case! If he doesn't want to join me, I'll send him and Debby though Frontierland up to the Country Bear Jamboree while I go and get my zippity-doo-dah on.

Afterwards, we'll reconvene once more, and if we didn't ride BTMR previously, we'll head back over that way with our Return Time passes. Another one Debby will sit out, but I know Mark will ride this one with me.

I'm figuring by now it might be time for some lunch, and I know Pecos Bill's is right there, and their new menu looks pretty good. (Would you believe I've NEVER eaten here???) I'm also really diggin' on the new Tortuga Tavern menu though, so if it's open, we might head back that way. Maybe even finish lunch off with a Dole Whip, perhaps?

20140927_153751.jpg

By this time it should be break time, and I'll have to make a decision. I know they'll want their afternoon break, so I'll definitely put them on a bus back to AoA. I love me some afternoon break-time, but I also reeeeeeeeeeeeally love the FoF parade. So I'll decide then and there, based on how I'm feeling, if I'm gonna head back to the room, or stick it out and stay in the park and just tell them what time to meet back up with me at. Because when they return, it'll be time for our dinner ADR (5:55pm) at...

beourguest.jpg

And say hello to this hungry guy..

20140927_174501.jpg

After what I hope will be another great experience there, as it was one of the few things that Aunt Debby specifically asked for, we'll go say hi to Beast and take some pics, then be on our way to find an available ECV/wheelchair zone for...

20140927_231318.jpg

Due to scheduling, I had to choose between FoF or MSEP for Mark & Debby... I hope I chose right!

Once the parade route clears, we'll make our way over to our final FP+ (9:35p) of the day, the Wishes viewing area! I want us in place and ready by 9:45p, so we won't miss...

20150425_223630.jpg

Celebrate the Magic! I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! It makes me tear up!!!

Of course, that will be followed by the main event...

20150425_220414-1.jpg

WISHES!!! I hope that they love it as much as I do!!! :goodvibes

From there, we'll scoot right on into Tomorrowland, as it will now be evening EMH! We'll head straight for...

20150425_233919-1.jpg

...and hoping the wait is pretty low thanks to Wishes and people exiting the park. Fingers crossed!

After that, we'll head over to Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, and say hi to my bro dawg...

20150425_231515-1.jpg

And then follow our intergalactic journey to battle the evil Emperor Zurg with one of my absolute favorites...

20150425_232505-1.jpg

The PeopleMover!!! But is this one I should be concerned about with Debby's motion sickness? I've never ever thought of it in that way, it's so tame! But I think that I recall a few people saying they've had issues with parts of it...

After that, if we weren't able to do Seven Dwarfs Mine Train on Day 1, I'll see how the wait is since we'll be towards the end of EMH by now probably.

Otherwise, we'll start making our way down Main Street, maybe get some final MK PhotoPass pics, and do any shopping we want to do here...

USA_MainStreetUsa_Sperduto.jpg

Then head back to the room after our VERY long day!!! And we'll probably need to get some rest, as tomorrow will be our final park day!

Last edited:

39 days until WDW! :hyper:

Ahhh! It's so so close! Also, I just realized our December trips are only 10 days apart, which means I'm at 49 days!

I'm doing my first ever MK pre-park-opening breakfast today!

Ooh fun! We did a pre-park Crystal Palace breakfast recently and it was wonderful :)

Can't wait to feast on that breakfast lasagna and puffed french toast for the first time! And get a warm hug from Winnie the Pooh! :cutie:

I adored the breakfast lasagna and puffed french toast - we decided we really want to try new restaurants in May, but I keep really wanting to go back to Crystal Palace!

If he doesn't want to join me, I'll send him and Debby though Frontierland up to the Country Bear Jamboree while I go and get my zippity-doo-dah on.

Aw man, I love the Country Bears! I definitely understand why it's not everyone's cup of tea, but my husband and I crack up every time :P

I know Pecos Bill's is right there, and their new menu looks pretty good. (Would you believe I've NEVER eaten here???)

I may finally get my husband to eat here with the menu change - this was my family's go-to restaurant, but his had one terrible experience and they never ate there again :P I'm kind of hoping we can go and at least try the new menu!

Because when they return, it'll be time for our dinner ADR (5:55pm) at...

Ahh!! We did lunch and it was fabulous - I really want to do dinner sometime :)

Once the parade route clears, we'll make our way over to our final FP+ (9:35p) of the day, the Wishes viewing area! I want us in place and ready by 9:45p, so we won't miss...

Love love love Celebrate the Magic! We debated about a Wishes fastpass for December, but we couldn't bear to give up our potential extra fastpasses :P We shall see if that was a good decision or not!

The PeopleMover!!!

Another favorite - I love it!

Sounds like a really amazing (and long) MK day - I can't wait to hear all about it :D All your plans look fabulous, and I think you did a great job of balancing stuff you want to do with stuff you family wants to do. I may need to do some work on that front myself for May :P

Also, I finally figured out how to do smaller chunks of quotes :P Yay!

We're at Magic Kingdom this day too! It was the only day that really worked for us to be able to see the nighttime entertainment! :-). We also have a prepark breakfast scheduled (but on 12/6 for BOG), but I'm guessing it will probably be thrown out the window if they (likely) up the opening time to 8 instead of 9. Will you do the same if they end up having an earlier open time??

What...only 7 days? LOL! Plans sound good. The thing with the EVC and not getting a rest is you can always dip into someplace like CHH (I like it's Handicap section) and just get a frozen lemonade and rest while waiting for it. Or anyplace else that would have a cool quiet spot. Then you get some down time...not quite as good as a nap, but at least it cool and refresh time.

This is quite a packed day. Your plans are well planned out.

I'm figuring by now it might be time for some lunch, and I know Pecos Bill's is right there, and their new menu looks pretty good. (Would you believe I've NEVER eaten here???)

The new menu does looks good. Craig's review with pictures on the Podcast sold me on trying it. They still have yummy toppings.

We have pre-park reservations also at Crystal Palace. My husband really likes eating here. His favorite character is Eeyore. I love piglet.

Disney puppies = awesome!

Cotton-tini looks amazing. I may have to try one myself.

Your plans are looking great!

Your trip is getting so close!! Please have lots of puffed french toast for me! We canceled our breakfast adr at CP since we were SO full from our dinner the previous night. I've been craving the french toast badly this week!

Looks like a great day and good that you'll have some rest at the resort in the afternoon!

Ahhh! It's so so close! Also, I just realized our December trips are only 10 days apart, which means I'm at 49 days!
YAY for both of us, then!!! :hyper:

Ooh fun! We did a pre-park Crystal Palace breakfast recently and it was wonderful :)
Yaaay! I'm super excited about this! :goodvibes

I adored the breakfast lasagna and puffed french toast - we decided we really want to try new restaurants in May, but I keep really wanting to go back to Crystal Palace!
I went for dinner forever ago, this will be my first time for breakfast. Soooo looking forward to it! :cutie:

Aw man, I love the Country Bears! I definitely understand why it's not everyone's cup of tea, but my husband and I crack up every time :P
It's cute! I've just seen it enough times that it's not a Must Do for me. I think they'll like it, though! ::yes::

I may finally get my husband to eat here with the menu change - this was my family's go-to restaurant, but his had one terrible experience and they never ate there again :P I'm kind of hoping we can go and at least try the new menu!
I don't have my heart set on it or anything, but it will be really nice to cross another one off my list! :thumbsup2

Ahh!! We did lunch and it was fabulous - I really want to do dinner sometime :)
I've done both lunch and dinner here, once each, and had a great experience both times. But I've read DO MANY bad experiences, so I'm still just a tiny bit nervous! :scared:

Love love love Celebrate the Magic! We debated about a Wishes fastpass for December, but we couldn't bear to give up our potential extra fastpasses :P We shall see if that was a good decision or not!
I debated long and hard on this. But it's really important to me that Aunt Debby and Uncle Mark have a good viewing of Wish, so the sacrifice was worth it to me. :goodvibes

Sounds like a really amazing (and long) MK day - I can't wait to hear all about it :D All your plans look fabulous, and I think you did a great job of balancing stuff you want to do with stuff you family wants to do. I may need to do some work on that front myself for May :P
I really hope I did stroke a good balance! It's so much harder than I anticipated it would be! :faint:

Also, I finally figured out how to do smaller chunks of quotes :P Yay!
Congratulations! :D

We're at Magic Kingdom this day too! It was the only day that really worked for us to be able to see the nighttime entertainment! :-).
Yes, same!!! That, and I'm a sucker for late EMH. :laughing:

We also have a prepark breakfast scheduled (but on 12/6 for BOG), but I'm guessing it will probably be thrown out the window if they (likely) up the opening time to 8 instead of 9. Will you do the same if they end up having an earlier open time??
Actually, I don't think that's a concern at all. They usually open MK an hour earlier during Christmas week, but I'll be thoroughly SHOCKED if they do it during the first week of the month. But even if they do, I'll keep our plans the same. ::yes::

What...only 7 days? LOL!
For me, 6-7 nights is a perfect trip. Time to do most everything I want, then go home to my own bed. :cutie:

Plans sound good. The thing with the EVC and not getting a rest is you can always dip into someplace like CHH (I like it's Handicap section) and just get a frozen lemonade and rest while waiting for it. Or anyplace else that would have a cool quiet spot. Then you get some down time...not quite as good as a nap, but at least it cool and refresh time.
Knowing me, I'll fall asleep and take a nap on the ECV. :rotfl:

This is quite a packed day. Your plans are well planned out.
They have to be all planned out! Only way to fit everything in that I want us to do! :goodvibes

The new menu does looks good. Craig's review with pictures on the Podcast sold me on trying it. They still have yummy toppings.
I'll be really excited if we end up eating here for lunch! I hope it works out that way, since I never have! :bitelip:

We have pre-park reservations also at Crystal Palace. My husband really likes eating here. His favorite character is Eeyore. I love piglet.
My fave has evolved over time. When I was a child and straight through my 20s, it was Tigger. During a couple years that I was battling Depression, I became very attached to Eeyore. And now, my favorite is Winnie the Pooh... because we both love to eat. pooh: :laughing:

Disney puppies = awesome!
Too cute, right?? pug:

Cotton-tini looks amazing. I may have to try one myself.
To it! I'm so looking forward to trying it! :D

Your plans are looking great!
Thanks!!! :P

Your trip is getting so close!! Please have lots of puffed french toast for me! We canceled our breakfast adr at CP since we were SO full from our dinner the previous night. I've been craving the french toast badly this week!
I don't I've ever woke up still full from dinner! That's pretty intense! :eek:

Looks like a great day and good that you'll have some rest at the resort in the afternoon!
Yes, I think the rest in the afternoon will probably make all the difference! :goodvibes

I am really hoping that Uncle Mark and Aunt Debby can keep up with me on this day! I'm doing my first ever MK pre-park-opening breakfast today! We'll catch the bus bright and early. I'm not really sure what to expect when we get there, all I know is I hope we have time for some good pictures of...

Question for you about pre park opening ADR's... Is 8:00am usually the first ADR of the day even in the summer time when regular (non EMH) opening time is at 8:00? I'd love to get a pre park opening ADR at CP when my son and I go in June but I'm not sure if they open up earlier ADR times with a park opening that early. If not, what would you do? Try to get an ADR right at 8:00 and miss out on prime RD time or hit up a few rides first right at RD and then do CP at like 10:00? :confused3

Maybe even finish lunch off with a Dole Whip, perhaps?

Yum!!!

And say hello to this hungry guy..

I love your selfies!

From there, we'll scoot right on into Tomorrowland, as it will now be evening EMH! We'll head straight for...

20150425_233919-1.jpg

This one too!

The PeopleMover!!! But is this one I should be concerned about with Debby's motion sickness? I've never ever thought of it in that way, it's so tame! But I think that I recall a few people saying they've had issues with parts of it...

I didn't have a problem with the PeopleMover at all, I loved it! Probably just make sure she isn't riding backwards, that gets me sometimes.

Question for you about pre park opening ADR's... Is 8:00am usually the first ADR of the day even in the summer time when regular (non EMH) opening time is at 8:00? I'd love to get a pre park opening ADR at CP when my son and I go in June but I'm not sure if they open up earlier ADR times with a park opening that early.

Crystal Palace has reservations starting earlier. This coming December we have one at 7:05am and 7:20 am.

Okay, I have to ask a crazy question: Is the reason why the font is a little different for BOG dinner because it's too much to fit on one line in the normal font? Or is it an accident? Because, I'm not gonna lie, that kinda stood out to me instantly.

Anyway, on to the actual stuff...

I'm doing my first ever MK pre-park-opening breakfast today!

Yay! I really hope this ends up being an awesome experience for you! (And this is another one of those things that you have to tell me all about so that I know what to expect for my pre-park ADR in January...)

In every picture I've seen, that puffed french toast stuff looks amazing. Ditto for the breakfast lasagna (which is actually kinda weird and awesome looking at the same time). So since I can't have it ... have some for me, k?

From there, we'll make our way around the bend into Frontierland. I'll pop over to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, where I'll scoot on up to the cast member, who once he sees my ECV will give me a Return Time pass.

Some of you might not know what that means, so I should explain: The stand-by queue at BTMR isn't ECV accessible... You have to approach the loading platform through from Exit. And when the wait for the regular line is long, instead of allowing ECVs and wheelchairs to "cut" in front of everybody, they issue you and your party a Return Time pass that is equal to the current wait time in the Stand-By queue. So if you show up at 10:45am, and the current wait is 50 minutes, you get a Return Time pass for 11:35am.

So, back in 2012 when I accompanied a broken foot to DL (my sister was attached to the broken foot, so it wasn't just me and a foot), we were able to go in through the wheelchair entrance (which was also I think the exit) twice without having to wait. It was more fun that way, but I think the return time thing is more fair to everyone.

By this time it should be break time, and I'll have to make a decision. I know they'll want their afternoon break, so I'll definitely put them on a bus back to AoA. I love me some afternoon break-time, but I also reeeeeeeeeeeeally love the FoF parade. So I'll decide then and there, based on how I'm feeling, if I'm gonna head back to the room, or stick it out and stay in the park and just tell them what time to meet back up with me at.

Definitely play it by ear and see how you're feeling, but ... remember that it's a long day and if you don't leave, you'll be in the park for about 16 hours. That's a really long day. And this is coming from someone who will gladly be in the park from open to close. So even if you don't feel like you need the break at break time, remember that you'll be in the park for another 9-10 hours (I think ... I may be doing my math wrong) and take that into account when making your decision.
Okay, lecture over.

Because when they return, it'll be time for our dinner ADR (5:55pm) at...

beourguest.jpg

Yay! My favorite restaurant in all of Disney! I'm so excited that you're going back there!

I would advise that she not sit facing backwards. When we rode in February (I think? It might have been November?) I was going backwards and the turns killed me. Beth was facing forward and she was fine.
But we're not motion sickness people, so I'm sure others will have better advice for you.

as tomorrow will be our final park day!

Well that's one of the saddest things I've read all day...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter