It's My Birthday & I'll Disney if I Wanna! ~ A Dec 2015 PTR - COMPLETE!

43 days until WDW! :hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

Up up up! Time for another busy day of Disney fun! :cutie:

DAY 5 - Tuesday, December 8 - Animal Kingdom/Hollywood Studios

Day%205%20-%20Dec.%208.png

I am going to try to make it down to Landscape of Flavors for breakfast this morning. We'll see how that goes. Mark & Debby will eat a little something from home, probably. Or snack later. (Neither of them eat until an hour or two after they get up.) Then we'll meet up at the bus stop, and it'll be off to...

ak.png

Just for scheduling purposes, I had to shave a couple hours off our time here. I know a lot of people consider it a half-day park, but I can spend a full day here EASILY. I so totally love Animal Kingdom! But instead, today we will do the first of two half-days.

I'm saving our FP+ this day for later in the afternoon, so we need to be there this morning for rope drop, that way we can book it over to...

kilimanjaro.jpg

Kilimanjaro Safari! My favorite in the whole park, and the best way to start the day here!

As we exit the ride, I'm going to try to stop for a little facepainting action, since the booth is right there. :cutie:

Then we'll explore the Pangani Exploration Trail to look at bats and naked mole rats and...

gorilla.png

Then we'll head into the new Harambe expansion to catch the 11am showing of Festival of the Lion King! I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!

fotlk.png

And since we're right there, we'll stop for lunch in the new Harambe Market. I've got my eye on these babies...

ribs.jpg

Spice-Rubbed Karubi Ribs!

Then it'll be time to board the bus back to AoA for a much-deserved rest. (Which I can forsee including a light nap where I try not to smear my pillowcase with facepaint! :laughing: )

By 2:30pm, I'll have us on a bus to Hollywood Studios! Have to today's first FP+ (2:30p-3:30p) at...

rnr.png

Which will immediately be followed by our second FP+ (3:30p-4:30p) over at my most favorite in this park...

tot.png

Then we'll scurry across the park for our third FP+ at...

startours.png

(I mistakenly wrote we would be doing Star Tours on Day 3. That's actually going to be MuppetVision 3D. I've corrected it in the original post.)

After all that action (all of which Aunt Debby will sadly have to sit out, but hopefully she'll at least go through the queues with us), then it'll be time for a 5:40pm ADR at a most festive holiday dinner...

minniemickey.png

Minnie's Holiday Dining! Soooooo looking forward to this! I hope the food is nommy nommy! And I'm certain the characters will be great! So excited! :hyper:

I'm hoping that after dinner, we'll have enough time to dip into...

SLB181501.jpg

...and check out the Star Wars Launch Bay! May is way too much sun and heat for me, so I'll likely never attend a Star Wars Weekend. This might be my only chance (for a while) to get some cool SW character photos. Fingers crossed!

And then finally we'll be closing out our night by heading into the Hollywood Hills Ampitheater for the 8:30pm showing of...

fant.png

Fantasmic! Yaaaaaay! :hyper:

Then we'll make the mass exodus out with the herds, mooing as we go, and make our way back to the bus stops and back to AoA for another night's sleep. :faint:

Last edited:
6 weeks for meeeeeee! :hyper:

From Disney's website... "Poached Eggs with Hollandaise served over Smoked Pulled Pork Hash." :cloud9:

Yes! I was just looking at the Trader Sam's drink menu this morning and trying to decide what to get, and if I'm going to splurge on something in souvenir glass or not. (The answer? Probably. :thumbsup2 )

Ahh, so so close!! We're somewhere around 7 weeks (!!!) I seriously can't believe it, I'm so excited :rotfl:

We went to Trader Sam's in September and got souvenir glasses - highly recommended! I got the Mai Tai, and it came in a glass that has the new Polynesian tiki guy's face! It's awesome. My husband got the Polynesian Pearl, which comes in a plastic pearl glass. We both loved the drinks, and they were definitely not skimping on the alcohol :P

43 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Kilimanjaro Safari! My favorite in the whole park, and the best way to start the day here!

Then we'll head into the new Harambe expansion to catch the 11am showing of Festival of the Lion King! I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!

After all that action (all of which Aunt Debby will sadly have to sit out, but hopefully she'll at least go through the queues with us), then it'll be time for a 5:40pm ADR at a most festive holiday dinner...

Minnie's Holiday Dining! Soooooo looking forward to this! I hope the food is nommy nommy! And I'm certain the characters will be great! So excited! :hyper:

Then we'll make the mass exodus out with the herds, mooing as we go, and make our way back to the bus stops and back to AoA for another night's sleep. :faint:

You're so close!!! This day sounds wonderful. Safari is easily one of my favorite rides, and I love getting an early one! Haven't seen FOTLK yet (I know...) and am hoping I get to see it maybe in 2017, since I don't think we'll be hanging out in AK much my next couple of trips :/

And Minnie's Holiday Dining!!!! I am a little sad we didn't manage to get reservations for something like this, but my budget is thanking me a lot :P I can't wait to hear about it - characters in holiday costumes sounds like so much fun!!

And really, Fantasmic is just the best. We're trying to fit it in on our December trip, but are having a hard time because we also want to see the lights!
So so excited for you! I know this trip is going to be amazing! :jumping1:

Reeeeally? :eek: I had heard that the ice cave is the best! What have people said against it? Apparently I could use some more advice on this one! :confused3

Hmm...I've heard that the lighting is really weird. Very dark and when the lights change colors, it can makes your eyes crazy I guess?

Just for scheduling purposes, I had to shave a couple hours off our time here. I know a lot of people consider it a half-day park, but I can spend a full day here EASILY. I so totally love Animal Kingdom! But instead, today we will do the first of two half-days.

I could spend an entire day exploring Animal Kingdom and still not see everything! But it does seem like the park that is most easily sacrificed. It didn't make our quick trip agenda. Poor AK, no love!

As we exit the ride, I'm going to try to stop for a little facepainting action, since the booth is right there. :cutie:

I wouldn't expect anything else! Any ideas for design this time?

Looooove, yay! I really feel like I should see the Nemo show too but I'm not sure I can give up FOTLK!

Me too!! I'm expecting a Christmas blow out! Great characters, yummy holiday food, music!

Hello there! I found my way here from one of Chicago Mo's threads. Glad I found it. Love how detailed you are in your plans. My family would probably shoot me if I tried to make them follow a plan like that. They already say I am "plancentric" the way it is. ROFL.

I decided to pop myself out of the shadows as I, like your aunt, am very sensitive to motion sickness. It is the bane of my Disney World existence. My sickness is so severe that I can't even help my husband when he is driving reading road signs in the car. I tried this once when we were coming home from Niagara Falls and we got turned around, so I was helping him keep an eye out for road signs in heavy traffic. As soon as we hit the highway and were back on track, I had to have him pull the car over and was sicker than a dog. I can't read in the car in any way, shape or form unless I am driving and then am ok with the road signs...I know weird, right. I can't ride ANY ride that goes in circles and can't watch any shows/movies/ or games that film or play in the 1st person perspective regardless of the size of the screen that I am watching them on. I tried to watch paranormal activity in the theaters and about 25 minutes in, had to leave and wait for my husband outside because it made me sick. I HAD to experience Mission Space Orange even if it was just a 1 time experience when it first opened. Mission space orange did not let me down... it went as expected, I came out clinging to hubby's arm because I couldn't walk strait, my stomach was a mess, I was light headed and felt like I was going to pass out, with only 1 of 3 motion sickness bags still unused clutched in my hand praying we found a bench to sit at soon or I was going to hit the floor and my daughter and husband both laughing their bums off at me with the "I told you so's" just rolling from their lips! I have even been persistent and tried Mission space Green. Although not as severe as Orange, I still came out clutching to those lovely motion sickness bags.

I only mention this so you can understand the severity of my motion sickness and hopefully can help your aunt with Soarin. I was expecting to walk off this ride feeling absolutely awful... big screen, motion simulator, flying, big dips and plunges. All are a recipe for an attack of motion sickness, but I HAD TO experience this ride , just like I HAD to experience Mission space Orange. So I went on my first Soarin ride with the expectations that I would LOVE the ride, but it would not LOVE me back. I even went prepared with my own bags completely expecting to have to use them, but I had to experience this ride! I sat in that great big "chase lounge" and buckled in and I was just blown away. I just sat there with my feet dangling watching the scenes pass me by and the wind blowing in my hair. I was waiting... any minute now, it would hit me and my stomach would start rolling. The clouds floating by and then opening up on the Golden Gate Bridge, then the gentle change to the rafting scene...No huge plunges or fast movement, my stomach was doing OK... but I still was waiting, I knew it would roar it's ugly face soon enough. Faster over the water and the tree's open up to the hot air balloons, gliding easily, turning slowly, then the water crashing against the rocks... my stomach started getting a bit bubbly and I think, Here it comes, so I get prepared with the bag, just in case....Then it changed to the snow covered mountains and started going to the edge of the cliff. That part made my stomach a bit off, but I closed my eyes, because I knew if it flew off the edge of the cliff I would be done, but with in a couple seconds my stomach was back under control and I was watching water plunging from the cliff into the stone valley below and then, hey look, there is another glider in front of us, I watched that glider and it started to mess with me a bit again, so I just closed my eyes and again, with in seconds, it was back under control. The golf coarse goes by, The tree's, orange groves, mountains, jets, landing ships then to sea water crashing into a beach, faster, stomach starting to bubble again so I close my eyes and again, gone in a matter of seconds, then flashes to the night lights on the freeway going into the city. This...this made my stomach leap into my throat, but I was so en-captured by this ride by now, I didn't want to close my eyes, so I didn't and with in seconds, we were coming into Disney Land all aglow with lights and I forgot about my stomach and it settled all on its own. Then tinker bell and the fireworks and the soft landing and we were back on the ground. My stomach was a little shaken, but the amazement I was experiencing from the ride made it well worth it for me. I was so glad that I went on this ride. It is now one of my all time favorites. There are still times that I get off of it and my stomach is a little shaken... but some things that I have found that help are...
1. Eat something light before you ride. Not a full meal. A dry snack of some type about 20-30 minutes before you get on the ride. Granola bar, graham crackers, pretzels are a few of the things I have
eaten. These help absorb the acids from your stomach making it more stable for the ride.
2. Use some type of motion sickness medication. I use Motion Eaze. It is a liquid motion sickness medication that comes in a tiny bottle (I think it is maybe 1" tall) and you just put a drop or two on the tip
of your finger and rub it into the soft spot of your head behind both of your ear lobes. Do this about 45 minutes before you go on the ride. Like most other motion sickness meds, it does not make you
drowsy in ANY WAY. But it has a very short effectiveness time and it also has a terrible smell so put it on outside if at all possible, but the smell fades in 15-20 minutes. It helps a lot! You can re-apply it
often as well. Any ride you are uncertain about, just as a precaution, dab this on while in the wait Que and by the time you ride, it kicks in.
3. As someone else said earlier...close your eyes. The motion of the ride is gliding, not quick turns and jerks. So when you close your eyes, your mind re-associates with the fact that you are not flying and
it really helps with this ride unlike most where it makes it worse.
4. As soon as you are off the ride, go outside and sit for a few minutes in the fresh air. This should help any unease that you experience dissipate. Nothing like good ole fresh air.
5. Try having her watch a youtube video of the ride on a larger tv screen if you can ahead of time. It may take away some of the excitement of being new, but if she can't handle it at home on a TV screen, then odd's are, it will be a no go in the park where it is much more realistic.

I also wanted to mention T-Rex for her. Amazing place to eat. Loved it so very much! However, when you check in, you may want to ask to NOT be seated in the Ice Age section. This section is VERY cool, but for those of us with severe motion sickness. It is great to look at and leave. We went there for our first meal of our last trip in December. Was the first time we were there and they were packed. We got sat in this room and at first I was just in Awe! However, after about 10 minutes in there, I started feeling sick. At first I thought it was just my stomach so I went to the restroom and splashed some water on my face and then I started feeling better. I was in there for maybe 5 minutes. Went back out to our table about 5 minutes later started feeling sick again. Finally realized it was the light effects they use in that room and the way it is so enclosed was actually making me motion sick. We asked to be moved to a different area as the lights were making me sick and once we were out of that room, my stomach settled and I was just fine.

Last edited:
Up up up! Time for another busy day of Disney fun! :cutie:

Yay!

I know a lot of people consider it a half-day park, but I can spend a full day here EASILY.

I always say (or at least I always think that I should say)...
One man's half-day park is another man's two day park.
For me, MK and HS are one or more day parks, and AK and Epcot are both half-day parks. I know that most people would switch Epcot and HS on that list, and others think that AK is a full-day park or MK is for kids. Different people have different interests, and the great thing about Disney is that there's a full-day park for everyone!

That's my favorite too!

Yay! Facepainting!
Do you have a particular design in mind?

So, here's a little Sarah family tidbit: FOTLK is my aunt's favorite attraction at Disney! I hope your aunt will love it too!

Then it'll be time to board the bus back to AoA for a much-deserved rest. (Which I can forsee including a light nap where I try not to smear my pillowcase with facepaint! :laughing: )

You've got 6 weeks to practice sleeping on your back so that you don't smudge the facepaint!

I have to say .... I'm totally looking forward to the TR so that I can read all about this! I'm really curious to see who will be there and what it's like!

Yay! Fantasmic! is such an awesome way to end the night!

I now fully expect to see a video on the TR including some nighttime mooing. Just so you know. I want to see that on video.

I went to Animal Kingdom for the first time last trip and really loved it! I can't wait to spend more time there in the future!!!

No Osborn lights this day???

I am in LOVE with these plans!
I am like the masses AK is a half day for us.. I know i know.
But HS?!?! THAT'S Awesome! Everything you posted is MY FAVORITE! i just adore HS. CANNOT wait for Star wars launch bay!!! Im such a nerd. I already bought my tickets for the Star wars movie! Yes i cannot wait for Star Wars land to open!!! finally something for the boys! YAY!!!

Loving the plans!! Any word as when Star Wars Launch Bay will be open?

I was hoping it would be open in time for our upcoming trip because I know Keith would LOVE it, but oh well we will definitely check it out in the Spring. :)

Love it! I am looking forward to better weather on my next trip for a full day at AK myself. I forget how much distance there is in the park to just wander and look at lovely things. FotLK is a definite must do, perhaps twice.
Loooooove Animal Kingdom!!! It's so lovely and has so much to do and see and learn about!!! :hyper:

And I think that there should still be lots for your Aunt to see in HS while you are adventuring. She would likely enjoy Ariel's Voyage Under The Sea and The Great Movie Ride, and wandering through the Hollywood Streets and shops.
We will have already dome GMR at this point, so I figure I'll send her off shopping on Sunset Blvd. :D

Ahh, so so close!! We're somewhere around 7 weeks (!!!) I seriously can't believe it, I'm so excited :rotfl:
I'm so excited too! I can't stand it! :hyper:

We went to Trader Sam's in September and got souvenir glasses - highly recommended! I got the Mai Tai, and it came in a glass that has the new Polynesian tiki guy's face! It's awesome. My husband got the Polynesian Pearl, which comes in a plastic pearl glass. We both loved the drinks, and they were definitely not skimping on the alcohol :P
Funnily enough, those are the two of the ones I was eyeing the most closely! There's actually several I'm interested in, but I think the Mai Tai is a definite, because (1) I love me a Mai Tai anyhow, and (2) it's souvenir glass is the one I can most likely see myself possibly reusing. If I order anything else on the menu, I'll likely ask for it without the souvenir glass/cup, just to save money. :goodvibes

You're so close!!! This day sounds wonderful. Safari is easily one of my favorite rides, and I love getting an early one! Haven't seen FOTLK yet (I know...) and am hoping I get to see it maybe in 2017, since I don't think we'll be hanging out in AK much my next couple of trips :/
The safari is the BEST!!! :thumbsup2

And Minnie's Holiday Dining!!!! I am a little sad we didn't manage to get reservations for something like this, but my budget is thanking me a lot :P I can't wait to hear about it - characters in holiday costumes sounds like so much fun!!
I hope it's awesome! I'm really looking forward to reading some reports about it once it begins in November! :santa:

And really, Fantasmic is just the best. We're trying to fit it in on our December trip, but are having a hard time because we also want to see the lights!
So so excited for you! I know this trip is going to be amazing! :jumping1:
That's why I'm going 2 nights at HS, and doing one each night! :cutie:

Hmm...I've heard that the lighting is really weird. Very dark and when the lights change colors, it can makes your eyes crazy I guess?
That's what I'm reading more about now! Huh! Okay, so maybe I should ask to NOT be in that room after all! :scared:

I could spend an entire day exploring Animal Kingdom and still not see everything! But it does seem like the park that is most easily sacrificed. It didn't make our quick trip agenda. Poor AK, no love!
No love! :sad1: That's okay. HS is usually my sacrificial lamb when required. :laughing:

I wouldn't expect anything else! Any ideas for design this time?
None! I couldn't find a good photo of the options at AK! :confused3 So I'll have to decide on-the-spot!

Looooove, yay! I really feel like I should see the Nemo show too but I'm not sure I can give up FOTLK!
Would you believe I've never seen the Nemo show? I have it scheduled in on another day, but I've put it in a position where it can be cut if needed for time reasons. Puppet shows just don't intrigue me that much! :rotfl:

Me too!! I'm expecting a Christmas blow out! Great characters, yummy holiday food, music!
I sure hope it's as awesome as we're expecting it to be!!! :santa:

Hello there! I found my way here from one of Chicago Mo's threads. Glad I found it. Love how detailed you are in your plans. My family would probably shoot me if I tried to make them follow a plan like that. They already say I am "plancentric" the way it is. ROFL.
Hi there!!! :welcome: Normally my touring style isn't quite so structured, but I'm trying to squeeze a LOT in!

I decided to pop myself out of the shadows as I, like your aunt, am very sensitive to motion sickness. It is the bane of my Disney World existence. My sickness is so severe that I can't even help my husband when he is driving reading road signs in the car. I tried this once when we were coming home from Niagara Falls and we got turned around, so I was helping him keep an eye out for road signs in heavy traffic. As soon as we hit the highway and were back on track, I had to have him pull the car over and was sicker than a dog. I can't read in the car in any way, shape or form unless I am driving and then am ok with the road signs...I know weird, right. I can't ride ANY ride that goes in circles and can't watch any shows/movies/ or games that film or play in the 1st person perspective regardless of the size of the screen that I am watching them on. I tried to watch paranormal activity in the theaters and about 25 minutes in, had to leave and wait for my husband outside because it made me sick. I HAD to experience Mission Space Orange even if it was just a 1 time experience when it first opened. Mission space orange did not let me down... it went as expected, I came out clinging to hubby's arm because I couldn't walk strait, my stomach was a mess, I was light headed and felt like I was going to pass out, with only 1 of 3 motion sickness bags still unused clutched in my hand praying we found a bench to sit at soon or I was going to hit the floor and my daughter and husband both laughing their bums off at me with the "I told you so's" just rolling from their lips! I have even been persistent and tried Mission space Green. Although not as severe as Orange, I still came out clutching to those lovely motion sickness bags.
Oh man. I only have problems with things that spin, nothing else bothers me one bit. And I did Mission Space during soft opening. Back then, there was no Orange and Green. There was one line, and one version... And it was what we today know at Orange. The Green version was created because sooooooooooo many people were getting sick on it... Myself included. No sick bags were needed, but I remember be practically carried out, and deposited on the very first bench we found, and just laying across is for probably a good 20-30 minutes before I felt okay to continue our night. It was brutal!!! :crazy2:

I only mention this so you can understand the severity of my motion sickness and hopefully can help your aunt with Soarin. I was expecting to walk off this ride feeling absolutely awful... big screen, motion simulator, flying, big dips and plunges. All are a recipe for an attack of motion sickness, but I HAD TO experience this ride , just like I HAD to experience Mission space Orange. So I went on my first Soarin ride with the expectations that I would LOVE the ride, but it would not LOVE me back. I even went prepared with my own bags completely expecting to have to use them, but I had to experience this ride! I sat in that great big "chase lounge" and buckled in and I was just blown away. I just sat there with my feet dangling watching the scenes pass me by and the wind blowing in my hair. I was waiting... any minute now, it would hit me and my stomach would start rolling. The clouds floating by and then opening up on the Golden Gate Bridge, then the gentle change to the rafting scene...No huge plunges or fast movement, my stomach was doing OK... but I still was waiting, I knew it would roar it's ugly face soon enough. Faster over the water and the tree's open up to the hot air balloons, gliding easily, turning slowly, then the water crashing against the rocks... my stomach started getting a bit bubbly and I think, Here it comes, so I get prepared with the bag, just in case....Then it changed to the snow covered mountains and started going to the edge of the cliff. That part made my stomach a bit off, but I closed my eyes, because I knew if it flew off the edge of the cliff I would be done, but with in a couple seconds my stomach was back under control and I was watching water plunging from the cliff into the stone valley below and then, hey look, there is another glider in front of us, I watched that glider and it started to mess with me a bit again, so I just closed my eyes and again, with in seconds, it was back under control. The golf coarse goes by, The tree's, orange groves, mountains, jets, landing ships then to sea water crashing into a beach, faster, stomach starting to bubble again so I close my eyes and again, gone in a matter of seconds, then flashes to the night lights on the freeway going into the city. This...this made my stomach leap into my throat, but I was so en-captured by this ride by now, I didn't want to close my eyes, so I didn't and with in seconds, we were coming into Disney Land all aglow with lights and I forgot about my stomach and it settled all on its own. Then tinker bell and the fireworks and the soft landing and we were back on the ground. My stomach was a little shaken, but the amazement I was experiencing from the ride made it well worth it for me. I was so glad that I went on this ride. It is now one of my all time favorites. There are still times that I get off of it and my stomach is a little shaken... but some things that I have found that help are...
1. Eat something light before you ride. Not a full meal. A dry snack of some type about 20-30 minutes before you get on the ride. Granola bar, graham crackers, pretzels are a few of the things I have
eaten. These help absorb the acids from your stomach making it more stable for the ride.
2. Use some type of motion sickness medication. I use Motion Eaze. It is a liquid motion sickness medication that comes in a tiny bottle (I think it is maybe 1" tall) and you just put a drop or two on the tip
of your finger and rub it into the soft spot of your head behind both of your ear lobes. Do this about 45 minutes before you go on the ride. Like most other motion sickness meds, it does not make you
drowsy in ANY WAY. But it has a very short effectiveness time and it also has a terrible smell so put it on outside if at all possible, but the smell fades in 15-20 minutes. It helps a lot! You can re-apply it
often as well. Any ride you are uncertain about, just as a precaution, dab this on while in the wait Que and by the time you ride, it kicks in.
3. As someone else said earlier...close your eyes. The motion of the ride is gliding, not quick turns and jerks. So when you close your eyes, your mind re-associates with the fact that you are not flying and
it really helps with this ride unlike most where it makes it worse.
4. As soon as you are off the ride, go outside and sit for a few minutes in the fresh air. This should help any unease that you experience dissipate. Nothing like good ole fresh air.
5. Try having her watch a youtube video of the ride on a larger tv screen if you can ahead of time. It may take away some of the excitement of being new, but if she can't handle it at home on a TV screen, then odd's are, it will be a no go in the park where it is much more realistic.
WOW!!!!!! This is all AMAZING advice, thank you soooo much! I may even print this, and some of the other great replies I've gotten, for her to read. Hopefully she'll be willing to give it a try, and won't feel awful afterwards! :goodvibes

I also wanted to mention T-Rex for her. Amazing place to eat. Loved it so very much! However, when you check in, you may want to ask to NOT be seated in the Ice Age section. This section is VERY cool, but for those of us with severe motion sickness. It is great to look at and leave. We went there for our first meal of our last trip in December. Was the first time we were there and they were packed. We got sat in this room and at first I was just in Awe! However, after about 10 minutes in there, I started feeling sick. At first I thought it was just my stomach so I went to the restroom and splashed some water on my face and then I started feeling better. I was in there for maybe 5 minutes. Went back out to our table about 5 minutes later started feeling sick again. Finally realized it was the light effects they use in that room and the way it is so enclosed was actually making me motion sick. We asked to be moved to a different area as the lights were making me sick and once we were out of that room, my stomach settled and I was just fine.
Thank you SO much for this! I had intended on requesting this room because it looks so cool! But knowing this, I'll definitely request NOT to be in it! ::yes::

I always say (or at least I always think that I should say)...
One man's half-day park is another man's two day park.
For me, MK and HS are one or more day parks, and AK and Epcot are both half-day parks. I know that most people would switch Epcot and HS on that list, and others think that AK is a full-day park or MK is for kids. Different people have different interests, and the great thing about Disney is that there's a full-day park for everyone!
You're so right! And yeah, HS is for sure usually my half-day park. (Or no-dday park if I'm on a super quick trip, like I did in April.) :thumbsup2

Yay! Facepainting!
Do you have a particular design in mind?
Yes and no! I didn't go into much detail on that because it was hard to find a good photo of the design options at Animal Kingdom. The only picture I found wasn't great, and I think it might have been just the special Earth Day options. Though on it, I did see one that I know for sure is available year-round. So I familiarized myself with what I saw, and tentatively selected one, with the knowledge it might be totally different once I'm there in December! (I kinda hope not though, because I do really like the one I picked!) :cutie:

So, here's a little Sarah family tidbit: FOTLK is my aunt's favorite attraction at Disney! I hope your aunt will love it too!
Your aunt has GREAT taste! :thumbsup2

You've got 6 weeks to practice sleeping on your back so that you don't smudge the facepaint!
Girl, you're read my TRs, you know I can't sleep in a bed while on vacation. Maybe I'll try to just nap sitting on my scooter in my room or something. :rotfl2:

I have to say .... I'm totally looking forward to the TR so that I can read all about this! I'm really curious to see who will be there and what it's like!
I'm really curious about it too!! And I guess it's not going away after December, either! This is from the Disney Travel Agents portal...

minnies.png

Yay! Fantasmic! is such an awesome way to end the night!
It so is! I'm just a sucker for Disney's night time stuff! :goodvibes

I now fully expect to see a video on the TR including some nighttime mooing. Just so you know. I want to see that on video.
Hahaha! I'll see what I can do! :rotfl:

I went to Animal Kingdom for the first time last trip and really loved it! I can't wait to spend more time there in the future!!!
It's so great! And so underrated! I love it! :lovestruc

No Osborn lights this day???
Nope, already did it two nights prior to this one! :goodvibes

I am in LOVE with these plans!
Thanks! I'm pretty fond of them myself! :thumbsup2

I am like the masses AK is a half day for us.. I know i know.
That's mine! You and the masses can vacate the park, and leave more room for me! :D

But HS?!?! THAT'S Awesome! Everything you posted is MY FAVORITE! i just adore HS. CANNOT wait for Star wars launch bay!!! Im such a nerd. I already bought my tickets for the Star wars movie! Yes i cannot wait for Star Wars land to open!!! finally something for the boys! YAY!!!
I like HS, but usually it's my half-day park. It's getting more time this year thanks to Star Wars Launch Bay, the Osborn Lights, and Minnie's Holiday Dining. :santa:

Loving the plans!! Any word as when Star Wars Launch Bay will be open?
No date yet, but I should think it will be open any day now. The last report said "by the end of this year," so surely they'll have it open ASAP as it's great promo for The Force Awakens! :darth:

I was hoping it would be open in time for our upcoming trip because I know Keith would LOVE it, but oh well we will definitely check it out in the Spring. :)
Same. If it's not open for us in December, no big deal, that's just a more leisurely evening we can have, and I'll check in out on my solo trip in October. :cutie:

I know a lot of people consider it a half-day park, but I can spend a full day here EASILY. I so totally love Animal Kingdom! But instead, today we will do the first of two half-days.

We also love Animal Kingdom. We try to do the whole park top to bottom. We have never gotten tired of it.

ribs.jpg

These look interesting. We usually go to Flame Tree. I might have to make a pit stop to try these with my family.

By 2:30pm, I'll have us on a bus to Hollywood Studios! Have to today's first FP+ (2:30p-3:30p) at...

rnr.png

Which will immediately be followed by our second FP+ (3:30p-4:30p) over at my most favorite in this park...

tot.png

Then we'll scurry across the park for our third FP+ at...

startours.png

(I mistakenly wrote we would be doing Star Tours on Day 3. That's actually going to be MuppetVision 3D. I've corrected it in the original post.)

It is nice that you can pick fast passes for later in the day. Just did mine a couple of night ago. Feel bad though that my oldest son does not ride TT of RNR.

Would you believe I've never seen the Nemo show? I have it scheduled in on another day, but I've put it in a position where it can be cut if needed for time reasons. Puppet shows just don't intrigue me that much! :rotfl:

I have gone to this show at least 4-5 times and have fallen asleep every time. I don't know what it is about this show always lulls me to sleep. I would like to see the full show though, maybe this trip I will succeed. I don't think it is a bad show though.

Girl, you're read my TRs, you know I can't sleep in a bed while on vacation. Maybe I'll try to just nap sitting on my scooter in my room or something. :rotfl2:

Fair point. I forgot about the no sleep in bed, lots of sleep everywhere else thing. So ... maybe just find a nice chair by the pool and nap there?

And I guess it's not going away after December, either! This is from the Disney Travel Agents portal...

Yeah, I saw that on the Disney Parks Blog. I'm thinking about trying to book it for my trip, but I just don't know that we'll have time for it.

I was going to comment that you didn't have enough time in Animal Kingdom, we really enjoy that park, but you mentioned you have a second day there.

Your plans look like fun. I am really hoping that the Jedi Academy is back when we go in January, minion 1 would adore it, and probably minion 2 and 3. I am also looking forward to the launch bay.

We thought about the Minnie dinner, but we are doing Hollywood and Vine Playhouse Disney meal for lunch on our Disney Studios day, so it wasn't happening twice in a day.

While I am a fan of day drinking, I'm not a fan of a bloody mary. Because I'm an overgrown toddler, vegetables are still yucky to me. :crazy2: However, a mimosa or a fruity cocktail... yes, please! :drinking1
I'm not a big veggie fan either, but suddenly they sound good with the addition of copious amounts of vodka ; ) But I'll forgive your toddler tendencies in favor of the mimosa

I'm with ya on AK. We usually do 2 days there and go light on MGM. I used to fall into the 1/2 day crowd but now I love exploring all its little nooks and crannys and of course all of the drinks that seem to be at every turn ; )

And since we're right there, we'll stop for lunch in the new Harambe Market. I've got my eye on these babies...
Can't wait to see what you think about this. Still kicking myself for missing out on it on not 1 but 2 trips. So you're gonna have to do your job and make it up for me!

...and check out the Star Wars Launch Bay! May is way too much sun and heat for me, so I'll likely never attend a Star Wars Weekend. This might be my only chance (for a while) to get some cool SW character photos. Fingers crossed!
Ok Billie, you've gots some explaining' to do. What is this? I don't follow too much star wars action (though the hubby made me watch the trailer) so you can help up my cred

Sounds like you really have a great day planned for your aunt and uncle. A safari and fantastic on the same day? They are so goon love it!

We also love Animal Kingdom. We try to do the whole park top to bottom. We have never gotten tired of it.
Yessss! High-five, my AK-loving friend! :thumbsup2

These look interesting. We usually go to Flame Tree. I might have to make a pit stop to try these with my family.
I usually do Flame Tree, too... That's actually my plan for the day we go back to AK during this trip! :cutie:

It is nice that you can pick fast passes for later in the day. Just did mine a couple of night ago. Feel bad though that my oldest son does not ride TT of RNR.
Neither does my aunt. So she can go shop or something. lol. Or go through the queues with us (because they are pretty cool), then take the chicken exit and meet us when Uncle Mark and I are off the ride. ::yes::

I have gone to this show at least 4-5 times and have fallen asleep every time. I don't know what it is about this show always lulls me to sleep. I would like to see the full show though, maybe this trip I will succeed. I don't think it is a bad show though.
Sounds boring. :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

Fair point. I forgot about the no sleep in bed, lots of sleep everywhere else thing. So ... maybe just find a nice chair by the pool and nap there?
I haven't yet completely ruled out just dragging a deck chair into my room, actually... :scratchin

Yeah, I saw that on the Disney Parks Blog. I'm thinking about trying to book it for my trip, but I just don't know that we'll have time for it.
If you do, I wanna hear all about it! ::yes::

I was going to comment that you didn't have enough time in Animal Kingdom, we really enjoy that park, but you mentioned you have a second day there.
Of course! We still have over half the park yet to see! :goodvibes

Your plans look like fun. I am really hoping that the Jedi Academy is back when we go in January, minion 1 would adore it, and probably minion 2 and 3. I am also looking forward to the launch bay.
I've never seen the Jedi Academy, actually! The only SW stuff I've EVER done at Disney is riding Star Tours. So the Launch Bay is a super neat thing for me!! :darth:

We thought about the Minnie dinner, but we are doing Hollywood and Vine Playhouse Disney meal for lunch on our Disney Studios day, so it wasn't happening twice in a day.
Yeah, I don't blame you one bit. I wouldn't double-up either. :thumbsup2

I'm not a big veggie fan either, but suddenly they sound good with the addition of copious amounts of vodka ; ) But I'll forgive your toddler tendencies in favor of the mimosa
Vodka's okay, but give me a rum cocktail anyday. Really looking forward to spending time at Trader Sam's... :drinking1

I'm with ya on AK. We usually do 2 days there and go light on MGM. I used to fall into the 1/2 day crowd but now I love exploring all its little nooks and crannys and of course all of the drinks that seem to be at every turn ; )
Yes, exactly! LOOOVE Animal Kingdom. HS is totally my half-day park. It's only getting more time than AK on this trip due to the new and/or seasonal offerings that I want to check out. ::yes::

Can't wait to see what you think about this. Still kicking myself for missing out on it on not 1 but 2 trips. So you're gonna have to do your job and make it up for me!
I will try my very best to make you proud, Kari! :P

Ok Billie, you've gots some explaining' to do. What is this? I don't follow too much star wars action (though the hubby made me watch the trailer) so you can help up my cred
A thingy-thing at HS that's supposed to open "by the end of 2015." From another site...

Star Wars Launch Bay will offer a plethora of opportunities to visit with favorite Star Wars characters, special exhibits and peeks at the upcoming Star Wars: The Force Awakens movie. Launch Bay will be themed after the Light Side and the Dark Side, all you have to do is make your choice.

Character meet and greets:

Dark Side – Encounter one of the most iconic villains from Star Wars, Darth Vader.
Light Side – Fly casual at this makeshift Rebel base, and meet the most famous co-pilot in the galaxy, Chewbacca.

Themed Gallleries:

Dark Side Gallery – Get a look at authentic pieces of stormtrooper armor as well as famous Sith lightsabers once wielded by masters of the dark side.
Light Side Gallery – Explore a gallery filled with Rebel flight helmets and lightsabers once wielded by Jedi Knights.
Preview Gallery – See props from the upcoming film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Starship Gallery – Discover models of famous starships and their pilots from throughout the Star Wars saga.

Sounds like you really have a great day planned for your aunt and uncle. A safari and fantastic on the same day? They are so goon love it!
I hope so! I worry I'm going to run them into the ground! :rotfl:

Remember I planned a whole trip to see them, and I am planning to see them 2 possibly 3 nights... So I just ASSUME everyone wants to see them all the time, no?:P
Oh, I like them! And I am absolutely tickled to be lucky enough to get to see them one last time... But for ECV-users like myself, the Osborn Lights can also be an extremely stressful and potentially dangerous experience. :scared:

Picture it... There I am, minding my own business, trying to have a good time and see the pretty colors, and just wanting to participate in the enchantment of this magical spectacle of dancing lights. All the while, I am, like everybody else there, attempting to slowly navigate through the crowd of people... People who are all walking around, and all looking UP, instead of around them. They are completely 100% oblivious to their surroundings, for obvious reasons. :santa:

And so what happens is this: Every couple of minutes, somebody (be it adult or child) walks directly in front of my oncoming front tire, and it's only my good reflexes and attentiveness that prevents a collision. Or when I'm behind somebody, they will invariably stop on a dime right in front of me. ECVs, no matter how good of a driver you are, aren't built for that quick of a stop. But that doesn't change the fact that if I were to hit any of these fine folks, the blame falls squarely on me and me alone, and can quickly turn into a very bad situation. :guilty:

(Not to mention that the next thing you know, I'm the newest star of yet another angry rant thread here on the DIS about how some stupid, lazy, obese person on a scooter ran over them or their child at Disney World. :sad2: )

As such, the Osborn Lights, for me, turns into less enjoyment of the lights, and more keeping my eyes trained on the people closely packed around me while THEY enjoy the lights. So yeah, one night is enough for me! Lol. But! I have a plan! Fear not... This year, I've scheduled our Osborn Lights viewing for at the very tail-end of evening EMH (on Day 3 of the trip), and praying that very few people will be around them at that time! Fingers crossed! :goodvibes

Last edited:
Oh, I like them! And I am absolutely tickled to be lucky enough to get to see them one last time... But for ECV-users like myself, the Osborn Lights can also be an extremely stressful and potentially dangerous experience. :scared:

Picture it... There I am, minding my own business, trying to have a good time and see the pretty colors, and just wanting to participate in the enchantment of this magical spectacle of dancing lights. All the while, I am, like everybody else there, attempting to slowly navigate through the crowd of people... People who are all walking around, and all looking UP, instead of around them. They are completely 100% oblivious to their surroundings, for obvious reasons. :santa:

And so what happens is this: Every couple of minutes, somebody (be it adult or child) walks directly in front of my oncoming front tire, and it's only my good reflexes and attentiveness that prevents a collision. Or when I'm behind somebody, they will invariably stop on a dime right in front of me. ECVs, no matter how good of a driver you are, aren't built for that quick of a stop. But that doesn't change the fact that if I were to hit any of these fine folks, the blame falls squarely on me and me alone, and can quickly turn into a very bad situation. :guilty:

(Not to mention that the next thing you know, I'm the newest star of yet another angry rant thread here on the DIS about how some stupid, lazy, obese person on a scooter ran over them or their child at Disney World. :sad2: )

As such, the Osborn Lights, for me, turns into less enjoyment of the lights, and more keeping my eyes trained on the people closely packed around me while THEY enjoy the lights. So yeah, one night is enough for me! Lol. But! I have a plan! Fear not... This year, I've scheduled our Osborn Lights viewing for at the very tail-end of evening EMH (on Day 3 of the trip), and praying that very few people will be around them at that time! Fingers crossed! :goodvibes

This make me so sad! I know we are all on vacation but I wish people would be more mindful of others. My mom used an EVC on her last 3 trips and I will say it really opened my eyes. People jumping in front, the comments, etc. however in the general publics defense my mom couldn't drive that thing, she always was going to fast!

I hope the visit to the Osborn lights is successful! I think after fantasmic it usually clears out a bit, hopefully this all works out for you!

I also was lulled to a "long blink" state during the show, and I think I talked myself into just listening to it with my eyes closed. And head bobbing. And maybe slack jawed drooling a bit. Must be something to do with the low lighting in the audience. And the fact that Disney can be mildly tiring. And of course there's also the fact that I might also be in the zero. craps. given. club!
Sooo basically what ya'll are saying is that when I'm ready for one of my infamous in-park naps, I should head over to the Finding Nemo theater, right? :rotfl:

This make me so sad! I know we are all on vacation but I wish people would be more mindful of others. My mom used an EVC on her last 3 trips and I will say it really opened my eyes. People jumping in front, the comments, etc. however in the general publics defense my mom couldn't drive that thing, she always was going to fast!
Yikes! You'd think after 3 trips, she'd have the hang of it. :laughing: I only ever go fast when I have a wide and clear path on all sides, and keep my eyes peeled. In crowds, though? I turn the speed allllll the way down to the lowest setting. I've been using one of these on my Disney trips since 2002, and in all that time, I've never once hit anybody. I'm hyper aware of my surroundings when I'm driving. Twice I've had people walk right smack into me while I was PARKED though, because they weren't watching where they were going. :rotfl2:

I hope the visit to the Osborn lights is successful! I think after fantasmic it usually clears out a bit, hopefully this all works out for you!
That's the idea! And also why we're headed that way at the END of EMH, so that most people will be headed towards the park exit. :thumbsup2

Last edited:
I've got my eye on these babies...

ribs.jpg

These look ridiculously good!

minniemickey.png
'

I'm so excited to hear that this will more of a year-round thing rather than just the holidays! That's so cool! I wasn't planning on doing Hollywood and Vine this year but that may have to change.

I'm hoping that after dinner, we'll have enough time to dip into...

SLB181501.jpg

OMG dying to see this! Sooo excited! Is it also true that those with the Disney Visa can get a special SW character meet n greet in addition to these Star Wars Launch Bay characters?

And then finally we'll be closing out our night by heading into the Hollywood Hills Ampitheater for the 8:30pm showing of...

fant.png

Ending the night with my favorite show! Love your packed day but that's they way I do Disney too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter