It's My Birthday & I'll Disney if I Wanna! ~ A Dec 2015 PTR - COMPLETE!

I have a feeling that this will be one of those mornings where I'll be leaning heavily on my bottled Starbucks from home!

If you happen to have any extras and don't feel like bringing them home, feel free to run them over to Pop and leave them at the front desk for me. Because, y'know, I'm sure they're totally cool holding on to things there for guests who won't show up for a month (okay, maybe not...).
Seriously, I wish they sold the bottled Starbucks Frappuccinos at Disney. I hate paying airport prices, I'm afraid to travel with glass bottles in my checked luggage, and they're one of my favorite morning beverages!

Since (1) I'm too fat to ride much at Universal, and (2) I'm really content to just soak up the atmosphere (and the BUTTERBEER), I'm going to kinda let "the kids" (Mark & Debby) lead the way on this day. I'll give guidance as needed, and otherwise I'll just be tagging along and make sure we stay on-schedule.

This makes me a little sad. I mean, the atmosphere is great, but ... Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey is amazing and I wish you could experience it!
But even if they don't want to ride, you should encourage them to walk through the castle. I think there's a tour you can do if you're not riding. Or maybe they just let you walk through the line and go out the chicken exit. Either way, it's pretty cool to be inside Hogwarts - they did an amazing job with the themeing.

And then, after our long day in the Wizarding World, we shall FEAST like Polynesian kings and queens...

Looks yummy! And definitely a different flavor profile than any wizard food you'll be eating earlier in the day...

So I used my mostly quiet night shift yesterday to catch up on this thread. Still haven't gotten to everything but I'll get there eventually.
So exciting to be planning a Disney Bday trip! That's the ultimate treat in my opinion.
I'm also a December baby- December 5 in fact. I wanted to share the pic of me in my tiara from last year's 33rd birthday, but kinda having some trouble with that. Can I still join the Princess Club? Yes, I went around town on my birthday last year wearing a tiara. People definitely looked at me weird but I didn't care. I also named myself "Princess" on my phone.
I love your food posts and can totally relate!!! I've been researching dining for my upcoming trip and it is so hard to narrow it down. Not to mention driven my family crazy with my constant talking about it!
I'm reminded right now of an old home video, I must have been around 11-14 or so, in which I'm eating a piece of cake and saying "My name is Odelia and I LOVE to eat" in a rather dramatic voice. Still get teased about that by my sisters.
Ok, enough rambling.....
Well except to say that you've inspired me to start my own PTR. Hopefully I'll have something up by next week.

Last edited:
Harry Potter Day! Very exciting business! pixiedust:

It sounds like a fun day! I would love to add Universal on to a trip but the boys are too small for most of the rides. Maybe in a few years?

Yum, your Ohana dinner pictures are making me hungry! We're doing breakfast this trip but I'm planning on dinner in May.

Excited about more plans!

Billie! Just caught up - love the Candy Cane Cutie :thumbsup2
So I got behind because I was on a road trip with my kids visiting my sister in Alpharetta, Ga. Thought of you (again) when we drove through SC :goodvibes If I didn't have the boys with me I totally would have tried to figure out how far out of my way you were to see if we could have met! Damn kids lol, they would have just whined, and complained about the extra time in the car, blah, blah, blah........

I too like the way you plan out your days, even if it's born out of boredom. I've never gotten anywhere near that specific for our trips, but our upcoming Thanksgiving trip will be the busiest time we've been there and I'm seriously considering doing something like you do :scratchin

Yes, in Harry Potter World there is a lot to absorb even if you can't ride the rides. I just love it. This will be the first time for my kids and husband to visit.
It will be my aunt & uncle's first time too, and I loved just hanging out there last year and taking it all in, so I'm happy to that them to see it. (And... Butterbeer. :drinking1)

On Forbidden Journey I came within seconds of needing the special bag. This is a third ride which includes Mission Space and Hulk that I recently almost lost my lunch. Old age is creeping up on me.
I'm feeling the saaaaaame way, girl. In 2014, I rode Space Mountain for the first time in 5 years. I've always considered it a mild coaster... Not anymore. I was all kinds of messed up during and after it. :crazy2:

Hey there Billie! I'm still reading along, just haven't been commenting lately... I'm such a slacker.
I'm struggling to keep up with the TRs and PTRs that I follow, too! I totally understand! :thumbsup2

Anyhow, I saw this on facebook today and it cracked me up! Made me think of you. :)

fb_img_1444686289516-jpg.128497
SO FREAKIN' TRUE. LET THE LEGS BE FREEEEEEEE! :rotfl:

I'm so jealous you're headed to Universal as well! I have not been there since 2010. I'm actually really just jealous about the frozen butterbeer. I love that stuff. I drink about 2 a day, and I don't even drink anything beside water on a regular day, and I don't really like sweet drinks in general. I like it better than lefou's brew.
I mostly avoid frozen drinks, aside from the stray cocktail. I'm very prone to the debilitating BRAIN FREEZE. So I stuck to the good old regular sodapop-ish Butterbeer. But man, I loved it. It they would put that stuff into 2-liter bottles, or even 6-packs, I would buy a year's supply to take home with me. :drinking1 Universal is missing the boat on a great money-making opportunity!

Ohana! My favorite place! Can't wait to see your trip pictures!
I love it, too! I've been on every trip since 2006. I'm going to break tradition next year and forgo it for trying something new, so this year I'm going to be sure to really SAVOR it!!! (And take pics, of course!) :goodvibes

I really want to do Universal, not quite enough to leave Disney for it, but once my minions are a bit older, and more then just minion 1 is big enough to do things at the parks we may end up breaking the bubble. Maybe during the 2018 trip (I've decided it is a birthday trip, I'm turning 40, I'm doing Disney!) or more likely the 2021 trip, plan ahead me? Never!
If it makes you feel any better, I have my annual Disney trips planned all the way through 2021 too. :thumbsup2

I am also jealous of 'Ohana, it was on my list to do on our second trip next year, which isn't happening now, we're doing Disneyland instead. It is already on the list for 2018, with my husband being pescetarian because of a weird meat allergy, it is the closest to a Brazilian restaurant I am likely to get...
If we're ever in Orlando at the same time, I'll pick you up one night and we'll go over to Texas de Brazil. It's closer to Universal. I've always wants to try a Brazilian steakhouse, but never have! We can be partners in pigging out! :rotfl:

I have to admit I'm also super jealous of you getting to stay at AoA, the minions all want to stay there, but we ended up at CBR instead.
Ironically, I'd rather be staying at CBR. :laughing: I prefer the moderates. I ended up going with AoA for a lot of reasons, though. The main one being that with it being Aunt Debby and Uncle Mark's first time, I really want them to be IMMERSED in Disney. ::MickeyMo

I'm a big HP fan and would love to go to Universal just for that. But I get motion sickness very easily and wouldn't be able to go on the rides. Maybe I'll go to just soak up the atmosphere.
I went to Universal JUST for HP last year, and loved it! The only thing I rode was the Hogwarts Express, it's just a train ride, I bet you could handle that. I still had a great time just shopping and eating and watching the shows and checking the place out. And of course... Butterbeer. :drinking1

Great Plans!! :) I'm still a bit disappointed we are not making it to US/IOA this trip, but the tentative plan is for my sister and I to have a sister trip next October and we both love HP so it would be better for us to visit then since we will have the freedom to look around and soak it all in (and not worry about others getting bored).
That sounds like a great time!!! You'll love it, it's truly amazing! :wizard:

If you happen to have any extras and don't feel like bringing them home, feel free to run them over to Pop and leave them at the front desk for me. Because, y'know, I'm sure they're totally cool holding on to things there for guests who won't show up for a month (okay, maybe not...).
Honestly, I usually do bring more than I can drink, and then have extra bottled coffee and water left over at the end of the trip. I don't want to haul it home with me, so I leave it in the fridge for Housekeeping to enjoy. If I thought that would hold it at the front desk that long, I would totally leave it for you! :hug:

Seriously, I wish they sold the bottled Starbucks Frappuccinos at Disney. I hate paying airport prices, I'm afraid to travel with glass bottles in my checked luggage, and they're one of my favorite morning beverages!
I find it kinda strange that they don't, given that they obvious have a partnership with Starbucks in the parks. I know that they are supposed to sell exclusively Coca-Cola products, but clearly the do business with Starbucks now too, so why not sell their fridge-case products, too?? :confused3

This makes me a little sad. I mean, the atmosphere is great, but ... Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey is amazing and I wish you could experience it!
But even if they don't want to ride, you should encourage them to walk through the castle. I think there's a tour you can do if you're not riding. Or maybe they just let you walk through the line and go out the chicken exit. Either way, it's pretty cool to be inside Hogwarts - they did an amazing job with the themeing.
Oh, they definitely have a walk-through of Hogwarts! I did it last year! It's a separate queue from the ride line, but moves along parallel to it. So I was able to see everything. I'll do that again with them in December! :goodvibes

Looks yummy! And definitely a different flavor profile than any wizard food you'll be eating earlier in the day...
Exactly! Gotta mix it up! Haha! :rotfl:

So I used my mostly quiet night shift yesterday to catch up on this thread. Still haven't gotten to everything but I'll get there eventually.
So exciting to be planning a Disney Bday trip! That's the ultimate treat in my opinion.
I'm also a December baby- December 5 in fact.
Yay! :welcome: December babies are the BEST!

I wanted to share the pic of me in my tiara from last year's 33rd birthday, but kinda having some trouble with that. Can I still join the Princess Club?
Sure, come on in! princess:

Yes, I went around town on my birthday last year wearing a tiara. People definitely looked at me weird but I didn't care. I also named myself "Princess" on my phone.
Hahaha! When I boot my phone up, it says "Hi, Princess!" :cutie:

I love your food posts and can totally relate!!! I've been researching dining for my upcoming trip and it is so hard to narrow it down. Not to mention driven my family crazy with my constant talking about it!
I'm reminded right now of an old home video, I must have been around 11-14 or so, in which I'm eating a piece of cake and saying "My name is Odelia and I LOVE to eat" in a rather dramatic voice. Still get teased about that by my sisters.
You and I could hang. I make no secret of my love of FOOD. My name is Billie, and I go to Disney to EAT. :rotfl:

Ok, enough rambling.....
Well except to say that you've inspired me to start my own PTR. Hopefully I'll have something up by next week.
Yay! Let me know when you get it going, I'll be happy to follow along! :goodvibes

Harry Potter Day! Very exciting business! pixiedust:

It sounds like a fun day! I would love to add Universal on to a trip but the boys are too small for most of the rides. Maybe in a few years?
Definitely wait until they are older and taller. Or go SOLO. :thumbsup2

Yum, your Ohana dinner pictures are making me hungry! We're doing breakfast this trip but I'm planning on dinner in May.
I did breakfast for the first time on my little April trip this year, and it was AWESOME!!! Dinner there is still my favorite, though. :lovestruc

Excited about more plans!
Workload permitting, going to try to post about Day 3 tomorrow!! :cutie:

Billie! Just caught up - love the Candy Cane Cutie :thumbsup2
Thanks!!! I think it'll be great for the Christmas party! I'm such a sucker for Disney facepainting! :goodvibes

So I got behind because I was on a road trip with my kids visiting my sister in Alpharetta, Ga. Thought of you (again) when we drove through SC :goodvibes If I didn't have the boys with me I totally would have tried to figure out how far out of my way you were to see if we could have met! Damn kids lol, they would have just whined, and complained about the extra time in the car, blah, blah, blah........
Awww, its os nice to be thought of!!! :hug: If it makes you feel any better, though, you actually were still nearly 5 hours from me. So a good long ways yet. :laughing:

I too like the way you plan out your days, even if it's born out of boredom. I've never gotten anywhere near that specific for our trips, but our upcoming Thanksgiving trip will be the busiest time we've been there and I'm seriously considering doing something like you do :scratchin
This is more specific than I've gotten on a trip in ages. When runnin' solo, I hit the parks with my ADRs and my FP+, but that's about it. I'm planning this one out more closely to squeeze as much in for Aunt Debby and Uncle Mark, as well as to try to minimize criss-crossing the park (like I normally do) and give their feet a break. :cutie:

The only thing I got out of this post was OMG YOU'RE GOING TO DISNEY FOR A DAY NEXT MONTH?!?!? SAY WHAAAAT!?!?! :eek: :laughing:

I know!!!!!! I'm trying to stay somewhat reasonable about it since it's just a day trip but inside I'm like :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

I love your second day plans. I haven't been to Universal since 1997! But with every TR I see of all the new stuff, I gots to get me over there soon :thumbsup2 I'm SO excited about your 'Ohana ADR! :goodvibes

I make no secret of my love of FOOD. My name is Billie, and I go to Disney to EAT. :rotfl:

My whole family does this also. We love to eat at Disney. We all have our favourites.

This is more specific than I've gotten on a trip in ages. When runnin' solo, I hit the parks with my ADRs and my FP+, but that's about it. I'm planning this one out more closely to squeeze as much in for Aunt Debby and Uncle Mark, as well as to try to minimize criss-crossing the park (like I normally do) and give their feet a break. :cutie:

When my sister and I went a couple of years ago, her first time, I also had changed my touring style. This was probably going to be her only trip so we made it a doozy. We went during Food and Wine. Did Islands of Adventure and HHN in the evening. We did Segway tour of Epcot, Hoop-De-Doo, Party for the Senses, 3D Dessert Buffet, Reunion with some other Disney Buffs, only 130 of us. Private breakfast with that group, Grand Floridian Tea and more. Thinking about it, it is no wonder we were completely exhausted at the end of 10 days. Lucky the crowds were extremely low then. I kept telling her she has no idea. She hates line-ups and has very little patience. At one point she was even talking about renting a scooter. Although we would not have had it any other way. At the end of each day she would say it was another great day. We also had lots of eating in there too. We have no shame at Disney.:cool1:

I am sure your Aunt and Uncle will greatly appreciate all the effort you have been putting into your trip. There definitely won't be any newbie mistakes which is worth its weight in gold. Are they getting excited as the time ticks down?

I'ma be impatient now ... its Thursday (I think), where are my day 3 plans???? I was hoping to read them when I got home from my run, but I've been home for over an hour and no plans. Any longer and I'll have to actually start doing work!!

I know!!!!!! I'm trying to stay somewhat reasonable about it since it's just a day trip but inside I'm like :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:
I would be too! Even a day trip is enough to get a fix to hold you over until the next big trip! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I love your second day plans. I haven't been to Universal since 1997! But with every TR I see of all the new stuff, I gots to get me over there soon :thumbsup2
You need to check it out! The Harry Potter stuff is AMAZEBALLS. :wizard:

I'm SO excited about your 'Ohana ADR! :goodvibes
Me too! It's one of my absolute favorites! :goodvibes

My whole family does this also. We love to eat at Disney. We all have our favourites.
Yesssss! So much good noms there, seriously!!! :cutie:

When my sister and I went a couple of years ago, her first time, I also had changed my touring style. This was probably going to be her only trip so we made it a doozy. We went during Food and Wine. Did Islands of Adventure and HHN in the evening. We did Segway tour of Epcot, Hoop-De-Doo, Party for the Senses, 3D Dessert Buffet, Reunion with some other Disney Buffs, only 130 of us. Private breakfast with that group, Grand Floridian Tea and more. Thinking about it, it is no wonder we were completely exhausted at the end of 10 days. Lucky the crowds were extremely low then. I kept telling her she has no idea. She hates line-ups and has very little patience. At one point she was even talking about renting a scooter. Although we would not have had it any other way. At the end of each day she would say it was another great day. We also had lots of eating in there too. We have no shame at Disney.:cool1:
HOLY CRAP!!! That sounds like an AWESOME trip!!! I'm a peanute butter and jealous sandwich! :eek:

I am sure your Aunt and Uncle will greatly appreciate all the effort you have been putting into your trip. There definitely won't be any newbie mistakes which is worth its weight in gold. Are they getting excited as the time ticks down?
I think so! I talked to them a week or so ago to get their CC info so I could do their online check-in, and they seemed pretty excited. I'm trying not to overwhelm them with all my trip talk, though... That's what ya'll are for. :hug:

I'ma be impatient now ... its Thursday (I think), where are my day 3 plans???? I was hoping to read them when I got home from my run, but I've been home for over an hour and no plans. Any longer and I'll have to actually start doing work!!
Daaaaaang, lady. I've only been in the office for less that an hour. Crack that whip, why don'tcha? :rotfl: I'm gettin' to work on it right now!!!

I think so! I talked to them a week or so ago to get their CC info so I could do their online check-in, and they seemed pretty excited. I'm trying not to overwhelm them with all my trip talk, though... That's what ya'll are for. :hug:

It is so hard to restrain ourselves from constantly taking about Disney. At least we have the boards with other like minded people.

50 days until WDW! :hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

Okay, so before @SarahDisney murders me in my sleep, I better write up the plans for another day! :rotfl:

DAY 3 - Sunday, December 6 - Epcot & Hollywood Studios

Day%203%20-%20Dec.%206.png

It's a good thing we're turning in a bit earlier the previous night, because we'll be up and ready to rock early this morning! We'll be headed off to my love, my life, my favorite...

20150426_121211-1.jpg

That's right, ya'll! This morning, we're off to Epcot!

We'll be struttin' through the gates and scootin' through an empty park to our 8:30am ADR at...

Akershus-Sign.jpg

To have breakfast with these lovely ladies...

01398d9bc97b8369d2c8a4f8655e9013.jpg

I had a booking here in 2014, but I ended up cancelling it and switching it to Garden Grill because face characters scare me. :scared: I've talked with a few people here on the DIS about this, but princesses and other face characters really trigger my social anxiety. I can handle quick in-park meet and greets, but for some reason a whole meal's worth of them back-to-back felt overwhelming, so I backed out.

However, I've stuck with it this time for a few reasons: (1) I'm much braver when I'm not alone, so since I'll have companions on this trip, I figured it was now or never. (2) I thought this would be a VERY cool first character meal for my Aunt Debby! So now I'm actually really excited about doing this, instead of really nervous! :cutie:

After a (hopefully) delicious meal, we'll waddle our way back down towards the park entrance for our first FP+ (10:05a-11:05a) of the day...

spaceshipearth.png

Quick question for anybody with Motion Sickness problems... Does the inclined backwards bit of this ride give you any troubles? (My aunt is extremely sensitive, so I'm little concerned.)

After that, if time allows, I'd like to try to dip into...

clubcool.png

Because one of my greatest pleasures in bringing newbies to Epcot is watching their faces when they try the Beverly. :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

Then we'll head over to the Seas pavilion, and visit with my babies...

20150426_143212.jpg

I love them so much! :lovestruc Then after touring the rest of the aquariums, we'll board our clam shell for our FP+ (11:05a-12:05p) tour with Nemo & Friends!

orlando.jpg

After that, we'll say good-bye to our fishie friends, and head over to The Land pavilion. I'm really hoping that we'll have time to do stand-by for Living with the Land... I think Aunt Debby and Uncle Mark will enjoy it! Long as it doesn't make us miss our FP+ (12:05p-1:05p) for...

20150426_140947-1.jpg

...Because priorities. ::yes::

After that we'll just explore World Showcase, and stop for counter-service lunch along the way. I'm hoping to get at least Canada through America done this day. That includes spending a little extra time in Japan so that I can do this...

pickapearl.png

Pick-a-Pearl! Which really should be called "Pick an Ugly Oyster and Hope for the Best!" :laughing:

At 4pm we'll hope on a bus bound for AoA, and head back to the room for a break. Maybe we'll eat dinner at Landscape of Flavors, or we might wait and grab something at our next destination. By 7pm, we'll be at...

dhs.png

If we didn't eat dinner at AoA, we'll head to the little quick-service buildings on Sunset Blvd and grab dinner. I'll probably take this opportunity to indulge in a required Disney trip nom...

20140924_131103.jpg

My most beloved TURKY LEG! (Olaf cupcake optional.) :rotfl:

With full bellies, we'll take it easy at first, and make our way over to...

gmr.png

After that, while most folks are still at Fantasmic, we'll head on down to Pixar Place to get our PEWPEW! on at...

tsm.png

And then it'll be time to hang out with Bean Bunny, Kermit, and the rest of this goofy bunch...

muppetvision.png

Then we'll wander over to the Streets of America so I can get my last, and Mark & Debby's first, viewing of...

osbournlights.jpg

And with that, we'll head out to catch our bus back to AoA for the night. Tomorrow... Much deserved rest! :faint:

Last edited:
Okay, so before @SarahDisney murders me in my sleep, I better write up the plans for another day! :rotfl:

Eh. I'm not really the murder type. It's the whole being afraid of blood thing.
I was just gonna keep nagging you every few hours until the plans went up.

I had a booking here in 2014, but I ended up cancelling it and switching it to Garden Grill because face characters scare me. :scared: I've talked with a few people here on the DIS about this, but princesses and other face characters really trigger my social anxiety. I can handle quick in-park meet and greets, but for some reason a whole meal's worth of them back-to-back felt overwhelming, so I backed out.

However, I've stuck with it this time for a few reasons: (1) I'm much braver when I'm not alone, so since I'll have companions on this trip, I figured it was now or never. (2) I thought this would be a VERY cool first character meal for my Aunt Debby! So now I'm actually really excited about doing this, instead of really nervous! :cutie:

I totally get the face character fear. It's a lot easier when you don't have to see their faces and have whole conversations with them. But you're a princess, and princesses have a lot of responisbilities that aren't always fun.
I'm excited for the TR so that I can read all about your princess interactions. Since, y'know, I'll be doing Princess Meal Mania a month later, I want to know what I'm getting myself into!

Quick question for anybody with Motion Sickness problems... Does the inclined backwards bit of this ride give you any problems? (My aunt is extremely sensitive, so I'm little concerned.)

Hmm ... I don't have motion sickness, but I do have height problems (and not just because I'm short). It always freaks me out a bit when it turns around and you realize you're at the top and about to go down backwards, but after a few seconds I'm fine. But again, different issue, so I don't know if the reaction will be the same.

Because one of my greatest pleasures in bringing newbies to Epcot is watching their faces when they try the Beverly. :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

Yeah, this might erase the good niece points you're getting for going on IASW. Just saying.

Pick-a-Pearl! Which really should be "Pick an Ugly Oyster and Hope for the Best!" :laughing:

I like that name! Because you're picking the oyster, the pearl is just the prize inside the Cracker Jack box.

If we didn't eat dinner at AoA, we'll head to the little buildings on Sunset Blvd and grab dinner. I'll probably take this opportunity to indulge in a required Disney trip nom...

20140924_131103.jpg

Olaf cupcake optional. :rotfl:

See, I would have just gone for the Olaf cupcake. But I'm also not a turkey fan.
(And its a moot point because I can't have any of it).

Then we'll head over to the Streets of America so I can get my last, and Mark & Debby's first, viewing of...

osbournlights.jpg

Aww, last view of Osborne Lights ... sad. I'm still sad that I'll never get to see them all lit up (last trip I left the day they started).

Tomorrow... Much deserved rest! :faint:

Definietly much deserved - you guys have some super busy (but awesomely fun) sounding days planned!

The plans look great (I wouldn't expect anything less)!! As far as your question about motion sickness in SE. It's not so much the backwards part that gets me oozy, but it's the lights/stars above in the one section. I usually just close my eyes at that part. I never used to have any motion sickness issues, but experienced my first problem last year when I went on EE with my husband (the backwards part about killed me). I really hate this because that was definitely one of my favorites, but just not worth that yucky feeling that could interfere with the rest of the day.

My birthday my birthday! And your doing things I loooveee! Ok this ain't about me! Day looks fab! And I love princesses!

Now I am not a stalker but your canceling beer garden??????

Stalking that thread for a reservation for some family members.

So... 12/10 is the night you were thinking about doing Candlelight Processional, right?
I'm sure you know this already, but ... Ana Gasteyer. I thought of you as soon as I saw that they announced the rest of the narrators.
Eh. She's bugs me less than some other people, but I don't love her.
How does this affect your plans?

Quickly coming up for air from work and catching up!

But your plans are making me REEEEEALLLLLYYYY excited! That photo of Ohana has me like

:dancer:

That's a LOT of stuff! I am sure everyone will enjoy it. AND nothing can beat the osbourn lights.
I do hope your OK with the princesses. I always have a blast with them more then the fuzzies. more FUN interactions! I can't wait for you to try it!!! YAY

Yay, more plans!!!!
Lookin like a lot of fun.
Can't wait to read the actual trip report.
I've seen the Beverly mentioned a lot. Seems like Disney rite of passage or something. Couldn't contain my curiousity and had to finally google it. I'm not that brave so I'll pass. But if your aunt and uncle are, would be great to see reaction pics

Hi there - I'm new here (though I've been lurking for awhile :blush: I'm shy even online). Anyway, I came out of hiding to chime in on the motion sickness topic. I don't personally have issues, but I have a friend who was my Disney buddy for a few years (we live in FL so we got annual passes at the same time) who does. As mentioned above, the only place on SE where she had issues was the backwards part, but it was because of the lights overhead and she just closed her eyes. But! She also had an issue on Nemo (I know, what?! It's the tamest ride EVER). It's the part where you "catch" the EAC with Crush, Squirt, and the other sea turtles - the motion of moving sideways in the clamshell while watching the screen really bothered her (just at that part - the rest of the ride was fine)! Since you asked about motion sickness, I thought I'd mention it since who would think FN could be a problem? You might want to warn your aunt to close her eyes if she feels sick at that part! :cutie:

Can't wait to read about the rest of your plans! It sounds like you're going to have a really fun trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter