It's All Fun and Games Until Someone Needs An Eyepatch - A Dec TR Complete 8/31

Clearly I did not spend enough time looking at the gingerbread house. Did I miss it entirely? I can't even remember. Guess I better go back!

Always need a reason to go back!

And how to ruin your vacation if you actually were hurt doing this! And they would probably blame the tram driver. Sheesh.

No kidding, seems like one of those cases that crop up from time to time about guests doing something stupid and trying to sue Disney over it.

On the subject of bad guest behavior, what gives? Jumping onto a moving tram?! I think some people lose a portion of their common sense when they're on vacation.

Totally agree!

FW is always on our list to have a visit at Christmas and a Hallowe'en (if we are lucky enough to be visiting at these times) as the RVs are great to see. We normally try and schedule tea at Trails End and then have a walk around. But as pp said, sometimes you have to know when to give in.

It is too bad we missed it since Mom had been looking forward to it. Not sure we will ever go again during Christmas. I guess there is always youTube!

You picked a good time. With a Christmas party it isn't unusual for a lot of people to head for the exit after the parade instead of heading towards the back of the park. :tiptoe:

Must be the case although you wouldn't have thought it when amongst the crowd watching the castle lights.

Personally, I wish they would make everyone sit down. Then the kids could stand in front of the parents and nobody's view would be blocked. However, kids on the shoulders seem to be inevitable, but no more annoying than all the people who think they have to hold their oversized tablet over their head and record the whole thing on video.......that they'll probably never watch again. :rolleyes2

I HATE how people use their tablets to take pictures and video. I don't understand why people want to carry them around in the parks? So obnoxious to hold that honking big thing up and block the view. I'm there to see the castle lights and not the bright screen of your iPad! That being said we do take video sometimes but we are discreet and keep our normal sized cameras in front of us so not blocking anybody or distracting them with the screen of the camera.

Christmas trees, decorations, and gingerbread houses are must-do's during the holidays! Did you find all of the Hidden Mickeys?

No, didn't look too hard for the Hidden Mickey's. Bad Diser.

There are much much worse ways to end a Disney day than to take in THIS view! :goodvibes

Yep! Loved the AKL lobby with the tree, so pretty.

Glad you got to see the Castle light up, it's so pretty at Christmas! I wish people wouldn't put kids on their shoulders too, I know kids want to see and it's the easiest way for the parents but if they could be held up at adult head height it would make a better experience for everyone. I had something similar happen to me years ago at the Pirate and Princess party. We had a lovely spot in the hub and were sat on the ground along with everyone else. Just as it started a few youths came and stood right infront of me, I asked them to sit down to which they refused and said I could stand, but if I did that it meant I was then standing infront of the people behind me which wasn't fair. So I ended up watching through them instead :mad:

Glad you got to see the Castle light up, it's so pretty at Christmas! I wish people wouldn't put kids on their shoulders too, I know kids want to see and it's the easiest way for the parents but if they could be held up at adult head height it would make a better experience for everyone. I had something similar happen to me years ago at the Pirate and Princess party. We had a lovely spot in the hub and were sat on the ground along with everyone else. Just as it started a few youths came and stood right infront of me, I asked them to sit down to which they refused and said I could stand, but if I did that it meant I was then standing infront of the people behind me which wasn't fair. So I ended up watching through them instead :mad:

That would have mad me so mad Jo! So rude and inconsiderate.

All of the little Christmas touches they add to the attractions are just so fun! I'd never seen anyone post the ones from JC, so that was nice to see what they do there. So clever!

I guess I just think people are being rude when they hoist their kids way up high. Why not just at shoulder height? People wait a long dang time to see stuff and make extra effort to get a good spot. I don't like to see that ruined by a blocked view. I guess I view it as a bit selfish.

Anywhooo.... I'm a little sad you didn't get to see the Ft. Wilderness decorations. I know you'd been really looking forward to that. Hopefully, you'll get to see them a bit later in the trip.

Anywhooo.... I'm a little sad you didn't get to see the Ft. Wilderness decorations. I know you'd been really looking forward to that. Hopefully, you'll get to see them a bit later in the trip.

Unfortunately we did not get to see them on the trip. just nowhere to fit it in the rest of the trip.

Dec 9th 2015

Another beautiful Disney morning dawned and this time we were not woken up obscenely early by mom. She had made herself a little cocoon in the sink area and that half wall was enough to block out her keyboard taping. Since she didn't wake us up we "slept in" until 7:30ish. Once again we were not in a big rush to get to rope drop as our Soarin fastpass was not until 10.

Once again we got to watch the beautiful animals on our quiet piece of the savanna.

Despite not being in a rush to get to the park we still managed to arrive just as the park was opening.

First up was Spaceship Earth, we had a fastpass for it but, of course, we didn't need it as it was a walk on. The ride attendant suggested we reschedule it for something else but considering the tier system at Epcot there was really nothing else we wanted a fastpass for in that category.

We switched things up and I rode with Alek and Erich rode with Mom. Usually the boys ride together so that they can compete if it is game like Toy Story or so that they can be goofy with ride photos. Well, Alek and I made our silly faces for the camera and selected our choices for the future but at the end of the ride we got our future video but our faces were not there. That was a bummer. It was the same for Mom and Erich.

Once we were out in the sun again Alek said that his eye was bothering him. He said it had been irritated the night before and that morning in the room but it was starting to get worse. I took a look at it and it was a little swollen and all red. He said it felt like there was something in his eye that was scratching but I did a thorough examination and saw nothing. Almost the same thing happened to me over the summer. Something infected or irritated my eye and it looked just like Alek's and I developed photophobia just like him as well. What ended up working for me was over the counter eye drops so we popped into MouseGears to see if they sold any in their first aid section.

We were the only ones in the store and the cast members did a good search but could not find any, they were sold out it appeared. We talked about visiting the First Aid office to see if they would have anything or even leaving and going to a drug store but Alek decided to tough it out and see if it resolved on its own. Once outside though he could barely keep his eye open because of the light so Erich gave him his sunglasses which helped with the light sensitivity.

If closeups of eyeballs gross you out then scroll past this next picture....

Since Alek was deciding to tough it out it was back to park touring. We stopped for a photopass photo since we had a few minutes to kill until our 10am fastpass for Soarin.

It was then off to Soarin for our fastpass. Loved the ride as always. The woman riding next to me saw me take my flip flops off and put them in the storage net. She asked if that was necessary. It probably isn't but I always think it is a good idea, would hate for my sandal to fall off on the ride and go who knows where.

After Soarin we followed our usual routine and wandered over to The Seas where we got to watch an adorable dolphin. They were showing us how smart dolphins are and how they communicate. A CM on one side of the aquarium held up an object. The dolphin had to find it and then swim to a CM at another part of the aquarium and then told that CM through a series of "whistles". It was pretty neat.

We also took in some of the other aquatic creatures before having to head our for our early lunch ADR.

The aquariums are very cool to spend a little time at! Good call!

Hoping that red eye finds some relief in the not too terribly distant future of this trip!

The aquariums are very cool to spend a little time at! Good call!

Hoping that red eye finds some relief in the not too terribly distant future of this trip!

I felt badly that despite my nursing knowledge there was not much I could do to help him. Especially as I personally knew how uncomfortable he was since I had the same thing happen to me.

Poor Alec , Samantha had a sore eye and went to the ER as it was on the week end and it hurt. She was between insurances too :scared1:So they said she had pink eye and gave her drops there and to take home . WELL HER EYE GOT WORSE !! Then the other eye started , so she realized she had put the eye drops in that second eye to stop it getting pink eye so she carefully checked the bottle . They had given her EAR drops :scared1: To boot it wasn't even pink eye just a scratch!!:faint:

Poor Alec , Samantha had a sore eye and went to the ER as it was on the week end and it hurt. She was between insurances too :scared1:So they said she had pink eye and gave her drops there and to take home . WELL HER EYE GOT WORSE !! Then the other eye started , so she realized she had put the eye drops in that second eye to stop it getting pink eye so she carefully checked the bottle . They had given her EAR drops :scared1: To boot it wasn't even pink eye just a scratch!!:faint:

Wow, that is quite the mistake! Alek blamed the water from Splash Mountain.

You got some great shots of the castle lighting!!

My views on kids on shoulders, since I have 3 little ones..I'm totally against it. I do hold the boys up to eye level, so on my hip. They are no taller than me and can still see the same as me. I don't think it's fair to block the views of the people behind us when they can see adequately when I'm holding them up to my eye level.

I loved visiting the gingerbread houses at the GF and Contemporary! The GF is just so calm and I loved just sitting there and looking around.

I'm sorry about your brothers eye! My sense is we're getting to the story where you got your title from...

Once again we got to watch the beautiful animals on our quiet piece of the savanna.
Love this about the AKL resorts! Plus the fact that when you are there you feel like you're in another world, totally oblivious to the hustle and bustle of the rest of Disney nearby! :goodvibes

First up was Spaceship Earth, we had a fastpass for it but, of course, we didn't need it as it was a walk on. The ride attendant suggested we reschedule it for something else but considering the tier system at Epcot there was really nothing else we wanted a fastpass for in that category.
Epcot, AK and DHS really stink with the tier system. There just aren't enough options that aren't typically walk-ons to make this reasonable. And then you have MK where 3 FP+ is just simple ridiculous with the number of rides/attractions. Don't get me started on THIS topic for sure............ :mad:

Reminds me of that drawing in the Visine commercial......yikes! :crazy2:

After Soarin we followed our usual routine and wandered over to The Seas where we got to watch an adorable dolphin. They were showing us how smart dolphins are and how they communicate. A CM on one side of the aquarium held up an object. The dolphin had to find it and then swim to a CM at another part of the aquarium and then told that CM through a series of "whistles". It was pretty neat.
Hmmmm..........I just have never taken time to do this. I guess I need to bump this up the To Do list. ::yes::

Yikes! Poor Samantha! :sad2:

That is sooo rude of those teens !! I think I would have located a CM and have him make them sit or move !!!

Epcot, AK and DHS really stink with the tier system. There just aren't enough options that aren't typically walk-ons to make this reasonable. And then you have MK where 3 FP+ is just simple ridiculous with the number of rides/attractions. Don't get me started on THIS topic for sure............ :mad:

I feel exactly the same way!

Hmmmm..........I just have never taken time to do this. I guess I need to bump this up the To Do list. ::yes::

We enjoy The Seas, spend maybe 30 minutes here each trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter