it'll have been 5 years...

Johnny_boy

Mouseketeer
Hi

I've been a few times to DLP but not for 5 years when we go at the start of July this year and there's been a few changes since our last 3 years in a row visits. My DD is dancing there albeit quite briefly with her dance school so we're all going for 4 days and staying at the Santa Fe - not our first choice but we're having to take a Disney Dancer's Package which is more expensive than booking it direct and they only had the SF available.

For some reason we don't get access the day we arrive with our tickets so we're flying late and should get there around 10 pm by which time the hotel restaurant will be closed so we'll probably have to head to the village for food.

I see there is now wi-fi at the hotels and I'm guessing there haven't been too many other changes at the hotels. In the parks, I think it's just the Ratatouille ride being new plus some refurbs on other rides.

My DD is about 150cm now so I think she can go on everything but DS is still quite small so can go on more but probably not Indian Jones and Space Mountain 2.

Have there been many changes in the last few years such as restaurants/fast food? We had a rough "we'll eat here" plan for last time for each of the lands based on what the kids would eat. They have got fussier it has to be said so we'll see how that pans out this time.

We're arriving into CDG but flying out of Orly as flying elsewhere before going home. We'll possibly use the TGV to get there but wondering what the best way back to Orly is. We'll be going out around 3pm for a 6pm flight.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hi, I can't think what changes there have been in the last 5 years except Ratatoullie of course. The restaurant beside the ride, Chez Remy is lovely and fantastically themed - suggest booking in advance if you want to eat there.

Earl of Sandwich in the village is good too - was that there last time for you? New Italian restaurant Vapiano has just opened in the village. Not been myself but read some very good reviews.

Pirates, Space Mountain and Star Tours are currently going through major refurbs, all closed for a few months at least so check the DLP page for guide to when they will re-open. Big Thunder Mountain has also gone through a massive refurb and just opened at the end of last year - so that's definitely worth checking out.

New show in the Studios, Mickey and the Magician - closed at the moment but will open again at the end of March and I assume will stay throughout the summer.

Not sure if wifi is available in the rooms at SF or just in the main areas - maybe someone will know.

Sorry can't help with airport transfers specifically to Orly but I use Ezyshuttle private transfers from/to CDG and they are very reliable.

Hope this helps :goodvibes

Hi, thanks for replying Ms Poppins. Earl of Sandwich had just opened when we were there last and it was very good - our kids love wraps anyway and they also liked the soup there.

We're off to Venice afterwards (cheap flight deal) so I may give the Italian a miss (I'm not a huge fan of Italian food anyway), but the Chez Remy sounds good.

I think we may have used Ezyshuttle at one point if it is/was run by John something. We used a private taxi service back to CDG after arriving via TGV on one of our trips and I'm sure it was them.

I realised it'll be 5 years but I couldn't see how to update the title...

How funny .. I went to DLP for the first time in July 2012 and will be going again in December this year. So basically 4.5 years, almost the same as you OP. I made a major miscalculation last time and didn't stay on Disney property, just a day trip. And the lines were already so long by the time we got there (and we still arrived early). This time going to book a night at Newport Bay and get those critical morning hours. Also going on a weekday as opposed to a Sunday in July.

Ooo how exciting.....back after 5 years! It will be really interesting to see how the kids react 5 years on won't it....a whole new experience.
Thanks for starting this thread, we are going back after 3 years, now with a 14 and 11 year old who are not exactly princessy any more!!

Ms Poppins your info is really useful for us too: we can't wait to ride Ratatouille, experience refurbed Big Thunder Mountain (my fave) and Star Tours ...wow...wow...wow.....I think we might be serial queuing for that one!!! Shame for us Pirates will be closed, but the rest makes up for it. :dogdance:

It's so exciting returning after a long time! It's been 8 years since i went to DLP! I'm returning alone in March and i cannot wait to see all the changes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter