• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Italian beefs & good hot dogs!

I'm a true Chicago girl....I know good beefs and I know good hot dogs. So where in the world can I get either one of these??So far I've heard rave reviews about Casey's....any other suggestions?? :flower:

sarah :teeth:

I think many love Casey's so well because of the toppings they can pile on. To me, it's a typical (not so hot) hot dog. :confused3
The best WDW sandwiches I think are some of the largest and least expensive -- Earl of Sandwich in DTD. :goodvibes

we have yet to find a good chicago style beef but we love the philly cheese steak at the allstarmovies foodcourt. as for a hot dog we like caseys & pecos bills, large fixins bar at magic kingdom.

Whenever I'm in Chicago on business, I ALWAYS hit Mr. Beef on Orleans for an Italian Beef sandwich!!! Man oh man, there is nothing quite like it and it blows away any Philly Cheese steak from Pat's or Geno's! No comparison...not even close!!! You're not going to find anywhere in WDW that has an Italian Beef sandwich, or a Chicago Style Dog, for that matter...and why would you look?!?! You've got the best at home!

No where. No decent pizza either. :teeth:

I lived in California for 5 years and missed the beefs more than anything. Now that I'm back in Chicago I miss the fresh fruit from California. :confused3

Laugh O Gram....Mr. Beef is soooo good (drooling) next time you are in the Windy City you need to go to Portillo's for good beefs and awesome Chicago Style hot dogs!! :banana:

sarahg311@hotmail.co said:
Laugh O Gram....Mr. Beef is soooo good (drooling) next time you are in the Windy City you need to go to Portillo's for good beefs and awesome Chicago Style hot dogs!! :banana:
I'm headed to Orlando this week Wed-Friday (staying at AKL) on business for 3 days, then head to Chicago at the end of April. Where is Portillo's? I'll definitely give it a shot. I always stay at the House of Blues Hotel Chicago...can I walk from there?

Laugh O. Grams said:
I'm headed to Orlando this week Wed-Friday (staying at AKL) on business for 3 days, then head to Chicago at the end of April. Where is Portillo's? I'll definitely give it a shot. I always stay at the House of Blues Hotel Chicago...can I walk from there?

Not a bad walk. House of Blues is around the rive and Dearborn. Portillo's is north of the river about 5 blocks and west one block (100 W. Ontario). There's a Portillo's around my house on the SW side. Good stuff!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter