It Use To Be Easy To Eat

Lori Mae

Earning My Ears
Dining Plan use to be so easy and now I find it difficult to follow...

Can someone explain to me who has used it...

Dinner voucher 1 per night (some restaurants want 2 vouchers)
I'm OK with that.

Counter service: Does that mean a hamburger, fries and coke for lunch?
Or for dinner.
Or only a breakfast that you go to the counter to get
and then sit down.

How do I know they won't take a dinner voucher away if I order to much food for breakfast or lunch?

Any help with this would be appreciated...and I thank you in advance
:worship:

you might post this on the restaurant forum.

Don't think of it as a breakfast, lunch or dinner credit.

It is one Table Service (sit down meal or buffet) and one Counter Service per room night. So the "TS credit" could be any meal of the deal but there is a waitor/waitress involved. The "CS credit" you walk to a counter and carry your own food. If in doubt what you can get, ask the person serving/ringing you up.

Hope this helps

InstImpres said:
For the snack, both parts must be purchased at the same time. Drink and snack (popcorn, ice cream, rice krispy treat, etc.)

I didn't read that in the Disney lit. Where did you hear that the 2 snack credits have to be used together?

It is one snack, one counter serivce, and one table service credit per PERSON, per night. None of the credits must be used at a certain time of day or even on a certain day. You can use your CS credit for breakfast, lunch or dinner at any of the participating counter service locations. Same for you TS. You can also use multiple TS in one day and then use multiple CS another day. We used the plan in October and found it very simple to use once we read the pamphlet and understood it.

So is the one snack counted as one coke or one ice cream for instance, or it a coke and ice cream?

Just got back last night.........used the Dining Plan. It is one or the other snack., i.e., a coke, bottled water, cookie, packaged chips, ice cream, etc. 1 snack item per snack credit. We had 7 credits yesterday AM & we were leaving....we used 7 snack credits.....we took home chips, water, mickey mouse rice krispy bars, etc....7 things altogether. :)

Lori Mae said:
Dining Plan use to be so easy and now I find it difficult to follow...

Can someone explain to me who has used it...

Dinner voucher 1 per night (some restaurants want 2 vouchers)
I'm OK with that.

Counter service: Does that mean a hamburger, fries and coke for lunch?
Or for dinner.
Or only a breakfast that you go to the counter to get
and then sit down.

How do I know they won't take a dinner voucher away if I order to much food for breakfast or lunch?

Any help with this would be appreciated...and I thank you in advance
:worship:
the plan is like this very simple :
one table service per day ( includes app, entree, dessert and drink)
one counter service per day ( includes entree and side or meal and dessert and drink)
one snack per day
you can use the dredits any way you like for example: a party of 2 could use 2 c/s credits for lunch, break, or dinner one day and on the same day use two more c/s credits at another meal. the next day yu could use 2 t/s credits at breakfast and two more at dinner, this day you might use 4 snack credits.
so in saying this you can also share a meal and pool the creedit into going to a 2 credit meal( signature dining)
You can use the credits any way you see fit, once their gone theri gone.
when you order you let the waitress or counter person know what you want to do. for instance when I went with my 2 12yr old boys I paid for some meals and only used one credit for myself. this gave us one more t/s meal the last day. Also sometimes we shared a meal because we were not hungry.

The plan will be changing very soon. I think it is April. A friend of the family has a trip planned for the summer and received a copy of the new plan. The change is that you will no longer be getting dessert with your sit down meal. Instead, you will have 2 snack credits per day.

If I purchase the DP now for my trip in September will I still get the dessert with the sit down meal or will I get 2 snacks per day instead since it will be after April?

I would rather have the dessert with the sit down meal.

clombardi said:
The plan will be changing very soon. I think it is April. A friend of the family has a trip planned for the summer and received a copy of the new plan. The change is that you will no longer be getting dessert with your sit down meal. Instead, you will have 2 snack credits per day.

What!! No dessert wtih TS? I could see taking dessert away from CS, but why would they take it away from TS?

That's odd. I just booked July 30 on the plan, and it is confirmed the same as it is now: 1 snack, 1 table service meal including dessert, and 1 counter service meal. Nothing was said about a change.

I booked last week for May and my documents show a dessert with the CS and TS. I haven't read anything about a change. I would think WDW would have to post the change far in advance since people are booking it. :scratchin

Instead, you will have 2 snack credits per day.
What!! No dessert wtih TS? I could see taking dessert away from CS, but why would they take it away from TS?
Probably because they're providing an additional snack credit each day. It remains to be seen if you can use a snack credit for dessert at a TS restaurant -- that would, of course, be a great enhancement, since you'd have lost nothing, and gained the flexibility to decide where and when you'll have dessert, rather than being locked into having it right after you eat a big meal.

... confirmed the same as it is now ... Nothing was said about a change.
The program is subject to change without notice; I believe the discussion in this thread is about a rumor of a change that will be implemented in a couple of months.

I would think WDW would have to post the change far in advance since people are booking it.
Definitely not. Folks purchasing the Dining Plan should know from the outset that most of the details of the plan could change (for good or otherwise) before their visit actually commences. That type of flexibility is required in programs like this, in order to keep them competitive and profitable.

bicker said:
Definitely not. Folks purchasing the Dining Plan should know from the outset that most of the details of the plan could change (for good or otherwise) before their visit actually commences. That type of flexibility is required in programs like this, in order to keep them competitive and profitable.

I agree. However, I would be a little bit angry if they change anything AFTER my full payment due deadline. That would take away my option to cancel the dining plan.

Maggie

I understand that the plan may change at anytime, but since we have already booked our vacation, and are very close to having it paid for I think it would be nice for them to let us be aware of the details. When we booked the plan we did with it the way it was, I think they should at least give some type of notice so that we can decide if we still want the plan or not. I don't know that an extra snack per day would benefit my family, we like to get desert at the ts. However if you could use the snack as a desert then that would be ok, since it gives you an option. I know we really like this plan when we went in August, and each time they change things makes it less appealing to my family, but that is just us.

i'm trying to find out now. i'm on hold "we are experiencing very high call volume" lol!

good thing i have free long distance......

I agree. However, I would be a little bit angry if they change anything AFTER my full payment due deadline. That would take away my option to cancel the dining plan.
That's why it is so essential that folks understand how these programs work -- that they must change things after full payment is due, because at any time they want to make a change, some guests have already paid-in-full. There is no time when they can make a change and have it not affect anyone who's already paid for the program.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!