• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It Just Isn't Done That Way - Sydney and the Blue Mountains - TR Complete #284.

I managed to catch up again. You squeezed quite a bit in while you were in Sydney. Stunning pics as always!

That garden is absolutely beautiful. I would happily have wandered around there for hours. Dinner looked nice. Some of the photos of the Winter Festival remind me a bit of the Osborne Lights at Hollywood Studios.

Corinna

The costume really suited DH - he looked just the part! Useful info as I have seen people dressed up but never investigated the arrangements. It is much cheaper and easier than I thought, definitely consider this next visit! We all love the garden and visit most times we go to Sydney.

I look forward to seeing pictures of you in full Chinese outfit next time. :thumbsup2

I managed to catch up again. You squeezed quite a bit in while you were in Sydney. Stunning pics as always!

Thanks. :goodvibes

That garden is absolutely beautiful. I would happily have wandered around there for hours. Dinner looked nice. Some of the photos of the Winter Festival remind me a bit of the Osborne Lights at Hollywood Studios.

Corinna

Thanks. I hope it's giving you ideas for your trip Down Under. :thumbsup2

Last Breakfast

I had arranged to meet with a work friend for breakfast this morning so I didn't have breakfast at the hotel. Whilst I was catching up with her, this was what DH and DS enjoyed. I swiped all of these pictures from DH's collection.

I definitely think that we got a great deal on breakfast with this hotel. I'd be happy to come back and stay here again if the price was right.

(Continued in Next Post)

On Our way Home

There really isn't much more to share for this trip. After my breakfast with my friend, I headed back to the hotel and caught up with the boys. We had a mid-morning flight back to Melbourne and headed out to Sydney airport.

Check-in was painless and we made our way to the gate.

Our plane was already there and waiting for us.

It wasn't too long before we were boarding and in the air.

If there was one constant thing that the Sydneysiders had complained about during this 6-day vacation, it was how cold the weather had been. Looking at the Australian Alps on the way home, I had to concede that perhaps they had a point. That snow had not been there on the way over.

It's a 90 minute flight between Sydney and Melbourne. The flight had left on time and we arrived safely back in Melbourne in due course.

This trip had been a great short vacation. It's been an age since we've visited Sydney for pure holiday purposes and there was much to see and do for us. We also had the benefit of catching up with family and friends on this trip. Family and friends catch up aside, without a doubt, the Blue Mountains had been the highlight of the trip for me. Although....the Tall Ship experience on Sydney Harbour wasn't that far behind.
It had also been a more laid-back holiday for us all. Afterall, it's been quite a while since I've just gone with the flow and not planned the heck out of a vacation. From that perspective alone, this holiday had been a fantastic interlude to recharge the batteries and not worry about schedules. Holidays should be done that way, right?

For this Melbournian, I would be happy to visit Sydney again in the future. It is a great short trip away from home without having to travel too far.

I hope you enjoyed sharing in this trip with me. Thanks for reading along.

princess::upsidedow

Enjoyed it very much - and reminded me we are overdue for another visit to the Blue Mountains - last time DD was around 5! (She has been back several times with a girlfriend whose grandparents lived nearby but not us.)

Great wrap up PiO! I've taken so many notes about Sydney for my future trip.

Jill in CO

All caught up and sad it's all over. Thanks so much for sharing as it's really helped give me some ideas for my 2 days there in December. :)

A few thoughts:

- the hotel breakfast looks great. I can't tell you how excited I would be by a self-serve juice bar. I would make fresh vegetable and fruit juice every morning if it didn't take so long to clean the juicer.
- I love your pics of the shopping centres. It's great that you took the time to look both up and down as the features of those buildings are beautiful.
- How wonderful to catch up with Shushh and to also share pics from the first ever Aussie Dismeet.
- The gardens look lovely. How fun that your husband was in a dress-up mood. I don't think I could have convince DH in a million years :rotfl:

Well I got all caught up now that you're done! The Chinese garden was quite beautiful and really liked the shots of your DH all dressed. He really rocked that costume!

The Thai restaurant looked interesting. Food in your hemisphere is so different than food in ours. I've never heard of dishes like that, mostly the desserts, but the crab and mango sounds like an interesting combination.

The Winter Festival didn't look all that interesting, good choice on heading back to the room for rest. It's nice that you got some unscheduled relaxation time and had some fun seeing sights and doing interesting things. You've also given me a few ideas for things we might like to do in Sydney.

Thanks for taking us along with you!

All caught up! Loved the shots of the old arcade and DH in costume!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

I'm able to catch back up on your latest updates. The Chinese Garden of Friendship looks so amazing and DH looks very nice all dressed up.

The Thai food looks good. I just had Thai food a few days ago in Sacramento called "The Coconut Midtown" which was good.

I enjoyed reading your trip report and thanks for telling your expereince.

Thanks for this TR really enjoyed it! I love the idea of the Chinese friendship garden. What a lot you get for $6! Right in Sydney! How cool you can dress up. Yummy Thai love thai food :-) they aren't great on desserts you def ordered the best of a bad bunch!

The Christmas festival how cute :-) that is a real bonus. I really enjoyed this thanks PIO!

Enjoyed it very much - and reminded me we are overdue for another visit to the Blue Mountains - last time DD was around 5! (She has been back several times with a girlfriend whose grandparents lived nearby but not us.)

Thanks for reading along. Hope you make it back to the BM at some stage.

Thanks for sharing PIO! I enjoyed learning more about Sydney :thumbsup2

Hope I added to your bucket list. :laughing:

Great wrap up PiO! I've taken so many notes about Sydney for my future trip.

Jill in CO

Jill - we need to get some emails/PMs going if you're still planning on visiting here next year. ::yes::

All caught up and sad it's all over. Thanks so much for sharing as it's really helped give me some ideas for my 2 days there in December. :)

A few thoughts:

- the hotel breakfast looks great. I can't tell you how excited I would be by a self-serve juice bar. I would make fresh vegetable and fruit juice every morning if it didn't take so long to clean the juicer.
- I love your pics of the shopping centres. It's great that you took the time to look both up and down as the features of those buildings are beautiful.
- How wonderful to catch up with Shushh and to also share pics from the first ever Aussie Dismeet.
- The gardens look lovely. How fun that your husband was in a dress-up mood. I don't think I could have convince DH in a million years :rotfl:

I'm looking forward to seeing your TR on your trip in December. Thanks.

Thanks for sharing. I thoroughly enjoyed reading along.

Corinna

I hope to see you and Graham out here at some stage as well, Corinna. :thumbsup2

Well I got all caught up now that you're done! The Chinese garden was quite beautiful and really liked the shots of your DH all dressed. He really rocked that costume!

The Thai restaurant looked interesting. Food in your hemisphere is so different than food in ours. I've never heard of dishes like that, mostly the desserts, but the crab and mango sounds like an interesting combination.

The Winter Festival didn't look all that interesting, good choice on heading back to the room for rest. It's nice that you got some unscheduled relaxation time and had some fun seeing sights and doing interesting things. You've also given me a few ideas for things we might like to do in Sydney.

Thanks for taking us along with you!

The Winter Festival was a bust for us too. We looked around for about 20 minutes and that was about 15 minutes too long. Still, it got us out and about for a longer walk rather than heading back to the hotel.

Hope that you'll plan a trip to Melbourne before too long.

All caught up! Loved the shots of the old arcade and DH in costume!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

Thanks for reading along tiggrbaby. Always nice to see you posting on the threads. :thumbsup2

I'm able to catch back up on your latest updates. The Chinese Garden of Friendship looks so amazing and DH looks very nice all dressed up.

The Thai food looks good. I just had Thai food a few days ago in Sacramento called "The Coconut Midtown" which was good.

I enjoyed reading your trip report and thanks for telling your expereince.

Thanks Bret. That Thai was pretty good. I do remember decent meals in Sacto when I was there; so I'm pretty sure your Thai meal was of a good standard.

Thanks for this TR really enjoyed it! I love the idea of the Chinese friendship garden. What a lot you get for $6! Right in Sydney! How cool you can dress up. Yummy Thai love thai food :-) they aren't great on desserts you def ordered the best of a bad bunch!

The Christmas festival how cute :-) that is a real bonus. I really enjoyed this thanks PIO!

The Winter festival was good for a few shots and that white pavillion area was pretty. But the rest of it wasn't that exciting.

Thanks for reading along, Paula.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter