It All Starts With A Wish: A Disney College Program TR NEW 9/3

Wow, what an unbelievable update .... I mean, I can't believe you have never had a Dole Whip before!!!! ;)

Ok, so there were other highlights as well ... not the least of which was the procedure your dad had that allows him to hear better - that is so great! :goodvibes

man, not sure if I could go back to living with two roommates in my room, but seems like everyone you are with is pretty great and your common room area actually looks pretty big.

You didn't mention, but I am going to assume you passed the drug test ;)

Really glad that things worked out in the end and you got to go to Traditions with your roommates - like you said, some times things happen for a reason

It reminded me that so many families work their whole lives for a Walt Disney World vacation, and it got me so excited to be part of making the magic for these families.

That's definitely a great point - easy for many of us on the DIS that go often that for some families it really is a once in a lifetime trip and that is so great that one of the things you are looking forward to is making their trips special/magical!

18615532148_559d4409b6_c.jpg
What a cute picture! Great timing with the fireworks!

He loves the part where Triton says, "Well, I guess there's just one problem left...how much I'm going to miss her." It gets me very emotional.

I am sure now that you have left home that line is even more powerful for both of you!

AHHH - my favorite part - so much Disney feels!!!!

So glad you are off to such a good start, will get to work in sight of the Castle and seem to have good roommates/friends that you can share the experience with!:goodvibes

Thanks for the great updates! It sounds like things are going fantastic and I am sure will only get better!

All caught up! Great updates- thanks. Congrats to your dad on his procedure- how exciting! Glad that you have roommates that you like and enjoy the parks as much as you do. That's great! So glad that your family is coming to visit in August. I'll will definitely keep an eye out for you on my August trip (not in a crazy, stalker way- more like "wow, so happy for you" way :-))

Great updates! So enjoying reading along your CP experience.

The girl who told me my location said, “You get to see the castle every day!” SO PERFECT.
So perfect indeed!

We got to hear from a lot of Cast Members about magical moments they made, and how a CM can make a huge impact on a guest’s vacation.
I also learned a lot about Disney’s commitment to guests with disabilities, some of which I knew from my dad’s experiences with the captioning devices and sign language interpreters.
Thank you for sharing these... it's training Cast Members--and the commitments Disney has--that make going to WDW different than a theme park. Reading about your training reminds me why I like WDW so much.

LOVE these updates! So exciting!! :hyper:

The first stop was our location assignment, where I found out I would be in Frontierland attractions!!

Awesome!!!!!

The two girls in my room are Katie and Kristen.

Katie, Kristen and Courtney?! You're basically the Kardashians of Disney :rotfl:

I hopped on the bus and “What Dreams Are Made Of” from The Lizzie McGuire Movie started playing.

SO appropriate for the start of your DCP! "Yesterday my life was duller, now everything's technicolour!!!!"

and then I looked over at my mom, realized she was leaving the next day, and burst into tears. Right at Longhorn Steakhouse.

Aww bless you!!! I bet the first day is the hardest, hopefully you're feeling better already :goodvibes

Cute! Love all of your apartment photos.

We did get close enough to use the Magic Kingdom Snapchat filters, though!

Do you allow internet strangers (ie. ME) to follow your snapchat?! I don't use it for my own life, just to stalk people's :rotfl: Let me know if you have a username to share :goodvibes

Thanks so much for all of the Poly photos you shared! Super excited for my stay in September :jumping1:

SO COOL!

Great shot! I love this show. I keep hearing rumours that they're going to replace it though :sad:

This just sounded like the perfect day! So happy for you :goodvibes

I’m excited to see what movies join the Great Movie Ride (just saying, if they have a Titanic poster in the lobby, they can give me a Titanic scene…)

OMG YES.

Amazing!

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your adventure! I'm loving it so far. Good luck with work, can't wait to hear how it goes :goodvibes

Wow!!! This was A LOT of updates!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Courtney, all I have to say is that I'm so happy you've had such a good time so far. You look like you're making tons of friends and having tons of fun and I'm so happy for you :hug:

Great updates!! Congrats on becoming a CM!! So exciting!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Glad you're getting settled in.

My family and I had the same Peter Pan when we visited the MK on June 6th! He was great! Loved him!!!

Courtney- Loved the updates considering you have been kept very busy! Can't wait to hear what attractions you will be assigned to! Very cool that your family will be visiting in August, who in the family will be taking over the TR report duties...ha ha

Those gold statues in the casting building are awesome!
It's so interesting to hear about the procedure of starting your time as a CM. There's a lot of "getting oriented" involved and you seem really excited about all of it!

Not being a Snapchat user, I didn't know that there are MK Snapchat filters. If you're close enough to use the filters, I guess that's almost like being there ...

Of course the first thing you did after officially becoming a CM was visit MK. Is there any better way to do it? Sounds like you had a really great time there! I love watching Wishes from Fantasyland ... it's kinda fun to keep turning around to see where the fireworks are.
I love all the pictures of Symphony in the Stars. That's one I'll never see (SWW never works out for me, which is fine because I'm not a big Star Wars person), so I have to "see it" vicariously through pictures.

I'm glad to hear your dad's surgery went well and that the cochlear implant are working. That's such awesome news!

Awesome updates!
I did start to tear up when you talked about saying good-bye to your mom :sad1: But you seem to have handled it very well and I'm glad you're getting along with all your room/apartment-mates. Not an easy thing to live with 5 other girls lol!

I too cannot believe you'd never had a Dole Whip before o_O Just something I'd assumed someone as Disney as yourself had done! Funny, after close to 30 trips I've never eaten at Pecos Bills......guess because there's just so much for us to do/eat :thumbsup2 Traditions sounds so interesting - keep the updates coming whenever you can!

What great updates! I'm so glad you met some great Disney loving friends. The resort hopping looked like a lot of fun. Can't wait to hear where you'll be working.
-Lindsey:earsgirl:

Great update! I am so glad you found fun friends to go into the parks and have adventures with!

and then I looked over at my mom, realized she was leaving the next day, and burst into tears. Right at Longhorn Steakhouse.

I was going to stay in the apartment tonight, but I needed another night with my mom, so I went over to All-Star Music and spent the night there.

Awwww as a mom this made me tear up. My daughter is only 14 but she is dreaming of doing the DCP someday and all of a sudden when I read this I imagined her being in your place and :sad: But happy tears more than sad because what a fantastic experience and I mean if you're gonna be 1000+ miles away from your family what more amazing place than WDW right??! So cool to see that you're already meeting awesome people to share the experience with too, looks like so much fun!

The second to last Star Wars fireworks picture with the Chinese Theater in the background...wow.

Hooray for your dad's successful implants!! That is AMAZING :love:

Oh yeah....just one more tiny little thing...CONGRATS on your placement!!

I'm excited to see what's in store for you during your program. We will be in the World in 4 weeks and we'll look for you!
(and how funny that one of your new friends is named Shayla...that's my sister's name, and not one I hear very often!)

Dang sis there's too much to even comment on here!!

I teared up when reading about you crying at dinner bc your mom was leaving?? Aww :'( Happy news about your dad though!!

Your room/apartment is pretty cute, glad to see you had room for all the providence bball stuff amidst everything Disney

Boardwalk Pizza is so good!!!

I'm so glad I can say I'VE DONE THAT!! to almost all the things you'd say "so and so had never done xyz before so we did that." I feel like I'm on my way to being a Disney vet now :')

SOOOOOOOO excited about your work location, if only I could ride while you were there!!!

So many exciting updates! I'm sure having your mom leave was tough, but it's going to be so awesome when they come to visit you soon.

I'm glad your roommate situation seems to be really awesome! I'm sure y'all will have such a fun time together on your program!

I'm soooo happy for you!!! as a mom I got a little emotional when you stayed the last night with your mom!:lovestruc:cutie: I know you're going to miss your family bunches but you'll have plenty of DIS family dropping in to say hi and (maybe bring a few gifts:teeth::D) to hopefully help you over the hard patches! Can't wait to hear your attraction.Me and my girls are on pins and needles!!!:crazy::listen:

I super wasn't going to do this cause I know you're SO busy and having such an awesome time, but I couldn't help it when I read this:

I looked over at my mom, realized she was leaving the next day, and burst into tears

:sad1: I actually cried! Seriously. I don't know you outside of these forums, but I know how much your family means to you (we are a tight knit group here too) I would have cried like a baby as well.

We went to Publix, which we don’t have up in Massachusetts, but I really liked it!

Publix is one of the reasons I don't want to leave Florida. If you get a chance get a sub from their deli (a PubSub if you will) it'll change your life.

I am going to try my hardest not to get them as addicted as I am.

The first time they trade as a CM and they will be hooked! It's the best part of sis's day as a CM!

As you can see, it looked like rain, but it felt pretty nice out.

Ah Florida weather; how I love/hate it!

They didn’t pipe the music in, but Catherine had the soundtrack on her phone, so we lined it up with the fireworks.

The moment you know your are among friends, when one of you has the Wishes soundtrack on their phone...

Everything happens for a reason!

::yes::

We are all ecstatic that my dad is on his way to better hearing.

Chills! So glad for your dad!

You look beautiful!

We walked in, Dream Along with Mickey was on the castle stage, AND a couple got engaged on Main Street right in front of us!!

Serendipitous!

IT’S OFFICIAL! I’M A CAST MEMBER!

EEE!!!party:

I’M KIDDING.

DUH! Like any of us thought for a moment you weren't headed straight for MK!

Of course, our first day as CMs wouldn’t have been complete without Wishes

:thumbsup2 DD likes to watch Wishes before bed...

"Well, I guess there's just one problem left...how much I'm going to miss her." It gets me very emotional.

I LOVE that part; cry every time!

The fireworks were SO spectacular, especially the finale!! The Star Wars score went perfectly with the fireworks, and I really enjoyed the show.

As a HUGE Star Wars fan I can not wait to make it to a Star Wars weekend!! My SO and I decided when DD is 5 we're going!

I'm so happy for you Courtney!! Can't wait to follow you on this epic adventure!

I'm here :cool1: I am SO happy for you!! My best friend is doing the DCP this year and I've been soooo sad to lose him. ..and maybe a tad bit jealous. But this is just making me excited for him! Can't wait to see more of your adventures

I'm so excited about all you've gotten to experience so far as a CP! Thanks for sharing this journey with us. I can't wait to see what else is in store for you.

Maybe I'll see you over on Splash in the fall!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter