Issues Modifying CRT ADR

JW25

Earning My Ears
I'll preface this by saying Disney has now corrected the issues, but I felt others should have a heads up.

We had an ADR for CRT on 2/8 at 2:15 with 2 adults, 1 child and 1 infant with our dining plan. After some persistent searching a 1:20 spot became available. MDE wouldn't let me modify the time change, instructing me to call in.
I called yesterday and got it changed to 1:20, but after the call I noticed the ADR had been changed to 3 people instead of 4.

I called again last night and got the ADR changed back to 4 people.
I checked my bank account this morning and was surprised to see that Disney had debited my account $200 as a pre-pay for the ADR instead of adding our dining plan as payment. The second CM I spoke with failed to add our dining plan to the ADR when she changed it from 3 to 4 people.

I called this morning and a very helpful CM was able to correct the issue.

It concerns me that 2 separate CMs failed to make sure the information from the original reservation carried over.
Disney tells me it will take 8-10 days to process the debit charge and another 3 days for it to hit my account. So basically I get my refund by the time we're at Disney already.

Make sure to clarify that the CM has ALL the reservation info correct prior to ending the call.

It concerns me that 2 separate CMs failed to make sure the information from the original reservation carried over.

1) People are people.
2) CM's make errors all the time.
. . . Usually it is in "guaranteeing" a resort room reservation or ADR (which can NEVER be done) *
. . . Otherwise, it is reading the computer screen incorrectly and making assumptions.
. . . AS with doctors, getting a second or third opinion is always advised.

* All rooms reservations and ADRS are "Subject to Change".
For rooms, this includes room views, types, and even the resort you reserved.
For ADR's, it can mean date, times, or ability to sit together.

Good points. I'm glad I was able to catch both before we showed up. The third CM I spoke with was extremely apologetic and made sure it was fixed.
Maybe due to the limited nature of spots they want people to have to call in to modify CRT?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter