Is UMP my only option?

pas

Earning My Ears
I am trying to book our Oct 2001 trip myself for the first time and I need some advice from the veterans. If we are staying 9D/8N and planning on only doing 1 day at a water park, is the UMP my only/best option? Are there any ways to get a discount on UMP? I am a AAA member and we do not plan another trip within the next year. I read on an old post in archives that passes can be purchased at the resort? How does this work and can AAA discounts be applied? I hope someone will be able to clear up my confusion.

I see this is your first post so I wanted to welcome you to the DIS first of all. This is a great place to ask questions and find out all the info. you need for a great trip to Disney.

To answer your question, no an UMP is not your only option. Do you plan on being in the parks on all of those nine days or are you going to skip a few days? You can buy a 7-day park hopper plus pass that lets you into all the parks for 7 days and gives you 4 plus options. These include the water parks and some other options. You can get a disney club discount if you join the club. I believe its either 30 or 40 dollars to join and the membership lasts a year. I checked on the prices for you and a 9 day UMP (with a DC discount) is $374 and a 7-day hopper with discount is $296. Another thought would be an annual pass which lets you into all the parks for 1 year. I forgot to check on the price but it's probably close to the UMP price. Here's the link so you can check out the prices for yourself.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/tickets.htm

Good luck with your planning and welcome to the DIS.

Kim

and the price is $327. with the DC discount. This annual pass does not include admission into the water parks, but it will let you into all the parks for 1 year and may get you a substantial discount on your room depending on the time of year you are going.

Kim

Just wanted to say welcome Pas and a big thank you to Roll-Tide(Kim). Lots of good information there Kim! :)
Exactly the recommendations that I would have made myself! :)

<font face="papyrus"><font size=2><font color=blue>BethR
Budget BoardCo-Host
And Just ONE of the Beths...and a Dagny :D ... Hosting the Rewards Board
BethR@wdwinfo.com</font>
poohsnow.gif

the Annual Pass does not include the water parks But DIS has discount tickets to the water parks and other attactions in Orlando. just click Discount Park Passes in the black strip at the top of this page to check it out!!!! :eek:

mickey87a.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter