Is this sort of a split stay feasible to maximize dining plans??

lilsonicfan

DIS Veteran
Hi all, I am a total newbie when it comes to staying onsite.

We are booked currently for 6 nights in a moderate with free dining QSDP. As it is free, I aged up my kids so they can enjoy adult food. So there are now 5 of us as adults. The plan was like this

Sept 5-Sept 11 - six nights with QSDP
Sept 11 - one night room only, leave in the morning of Sept 12.
--> I figured this would give us 60 QS credits and 60 snack credits spread over seven days, to be used up by 11:59PM on Sept 11.
We have 7 day park hoppers.

But I am thinking of adding a couple more nights. Assuming room availability at the same resort, could I manage to add the following without messing it all up?
Sept 12 - one night 'ticketless' package - room plus DxDP
Sept 13 - one night room only, flying out Sept 14 am (so no chance to use dining on Sept 15 anyway).
--> this would give us 15 TS credits to use over two days, Sept 12 and Sept 13. We would probably do meals like Boma, Ohana breakfast, Garden Grill, Storybook ?

PS: if the above is possible, then I wonder whether (being buffet anyway) I should age the younger two back down for the last part as we would be paying OOP. That's probably really going to mess it all up!

Sounds complicated.
i would also want my dxdp at the very beginning of my trip. By the end, I don’t always want 3 course meals.

have you looked at ddp+? That might work better if you want more ts meals.

Thx Pumbaa_... it could be too complicated.

I was fully prepared to just do QSDP, we aren't the type to really "need" sit down dining. But after thinking we might need to add more days I was thinking about whether it would be worth it to add in some TS meals. But it might be easier just to pay OOP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter