• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is there still a line you need to wait in at the Mexico Pavilion?

If you buy a ring carved with your name from the cart next to the restaurant on the lake side in Mexico (can’t remember the name), they give you an order form and you get to go straight into the pavilion to pay (and bypass the normal line) After that, you can ride Three Caballeross. If you want to get a margarita at La Cava, though, you have to go back and get in that long line.
We didn’t skip the line on purpose, but it was a nice perk.

The line looked ridiculously long but moved very, very quickly. 15 minutes maybe? This was late April/early May.

There is only so much space inside to allow for a longer line for the ride and for La Cava. When both of those are crowded, a line outside makes sense so there is still room to move about inside.

Because there's barely any space inside.
There is only so much space inside to allow for a longer line for the ride and for La Cava. When both of those are crowded, a line outside makes sense so there is still room to move about inside.

I'm assuming you mean because of social distancing guidelines? Because I can't remember a time pre-covid where they had people in lines to get into the Pavilion.

And then I'm wondering why they are still social distancing inside this Pavilion...

Regardless of social distancing, there isn't much room when either line gets long. I'm honestly surprised people haven't had to wait in the past but I also can't remember 20+ min waits for the boat ride. When that line spills out of the limited queue area, it becomes a mess. I don't think seating is open in La Cava yet, so that likely makes the line at that door longer. Maybe they've just decided to keep the outside line they implemented during Covid restrictions for when the inside lines get long. It probably makes for a better guest experience inside.

Regardless of social distancing, there isn't much room when either line gets long. I'm honestly surprised people haven't had to wait in the past but I also can't remember 20+ min waits for the boat ride. When that line spills out of the limited queue area, it becomes a mess. I don't think seating is open in La Cava yet, so that likely makes the line at that door longer. Maybe they've just decided to keep the outside line they implemented during Covid restrictions for when the inside lines get long. It probably makes for a better guest experience inside.
I think I saw within the last day or two that seating is now back open again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter