• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is there really any planning to a UO trip?

Chuckers, which meal plan did you buy for the darkside?

if you have the daily one, check out the menu thread and see which ones will have more bang for your buck on the meal plan you bought.

i looked at the meal plan when it first came out and a year back.

i did a look see and realized it was not a plan for me as it did not save money (or cost more than i usually spend for food in the parks) but i felt it was too restrictive for the way i do parks.

but you did say you wanted the meal deal so you had it all
prepaid in advance.
good reason to go with it then.

if i want to do mythos, i make the reservation that morning for that day.
other than that, have not had issues getting a seat for Lombards or Finnegans by doing a walk in.

the one meal plan i usually do is when you buy a meal at one of the counter services and upgrade the finally cost by another $5 for snack and beverage coupon.

as long as you know the prices for snacks, you can come out ahead buying this type of meal deal at the time you are paying for the present meal

i do the high end meal that goes for $17 at potterville.
when you buy a counter service meal deal, you get a free beverage with your food.

you get the two coupons that are valid for the next 14 days.
if you don't redeem them, no refunds on them or extensions.

only other meal deal i do is the ones for city walk.

movie and a meal
mini gold and a meal

since i know most of the menus and costs at the participating city walk restaurants, i make it work for me and come out ahead.

i stay two weeks on site and usually hit a movie or mini golf while there on vacation.
some months UO does specials and discounts them for certain time periods.

For me the only planning I am doing for USO is what stuff I want to do in their parks.

Such as:
~what rides I am interested in, which ones I'm not
~what shows I'd like to see and not see.
~I also at least perused the food options too but I didn't go all in-depth just got an idea of what my options might be.
~I already know I'll like to walk around CityWalk so I don't go searching for all that is available there aside from food options really.

Don't want to plan plan plan for the USO portion of my trip but I don't want to show up and walk around all deer in the headlights either. The saying "what do you want to do/see/go on?--I don't know what do you want to do/see/go on?' would get old fast for me. I'd at least like to know what I'm interested in.

WDW is not on the same level as far as planning for me though not by any means.

Chuckers, which meal plan did you buy for the darkside?

if you have the daily one, check out the menu thread and see which ones will have more bang for your buck on the meal plan you bought.

I did the full plan for 5 days (I believe that's a quick, snack, and sit down). My last trip to WDW I did not do a meal plan and I was SHOCKED by the bill at the end of the trip. I easily spent over $200 more than the plan would have cost me and I did the same things I would have done on the plan. Now, I know Disney is different, but I don't want that bill at the end of my trip. I look at all the menus before going because I am a very fussy eater :) Basically, I am a steak and potatoes type guy.. or pasta :)

if you read it all thru then you are good to go with the dp

a few years back the only issue my friend had with the full dp was not all the entrees were on the dp
and her dessert was the one listed by the resturant was not able to choose the dessert she wanted.

hopefully that is not the case anymore and you can choose any of the entrees at the sit down places.
i have not kept up with the current dp policy on entree and dessert choices.

yes you are correct that it includes the sit down, counter service and snack
you don't have to use all the options on the same day but have a time period to redeem them.

have fun on your vacation and happy dining!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter