IS there any way to get ANY sort of discount at POP Dec 31?

riu girl

DIS Veteran
Staying at POP Dec 31 - Jan 7/06. Booking with a continuing ressie ( Dec 31, Jan 1-7) and was able to book with CAA discount for Jan 1-7!!! But have to pay holiday rack rate for Dec. 31.
Question: Is there ANY way to get a discount at POP for Dec 31??? THe rack rate is $119 plus tax!!!
Thanks
Suzy V

No. Be glad that you got it now, even though it's at the 'outrageous' price of 119.00. I know the same room can be had for 77.00 during value and much less with a discount, but other resorts are hundreds of dollars more btween seasons and therefore the value resorts go fast for that night! You could probably auction it off on ebay for at least twice that amount, but obviously "they" would never let you do that! :rolleyes:

Agree w srfrgrl07. Be glad you have the reservation. 12/31 is the busiest night of the year for the resorts/parks. AFAIK, there has never been a discount offered for that night. You were wise to split your ressie and get the discount for the remaining nights.

Think of the difference as a "premium" for being able to stay onsite on the busiest night fo the year.

Best wishes -

After reading these replies I feel so much better. I never thought of it this way. It just seemed so high for a value ($167 CDN$ with tax for Dec 31) but only having to pay $63US AAA rate (plus taxes) for the remaining 6 nights (Jan 1-7) I guess sort of evens it out. I was actually considering staying off site for Dec 31, but after reading the posts here, I will just be glad that I have a room on site.

Thank you fellow DISers.
Suzy V

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter