Is there a time limit to use rider swap?

mmouse50

DIS Veteran
If entire party shows up to Space Mountain with Genie+ and get a rider swap for someone that won’t ride. Can the non rider and the other parent go and ride something else, say the cars. What if the Space Mountain riders get off before the car people get through? Is there a time limit on when you have to use the rider swap?

I don't believe so. I used my Falcon ride swap about 90 minutes after my wife went and it wasn't an issue. On the app it gives you a return time, but no end time.

Nope, we've ended up with rider swap passes that we didn't use for one reason or another, and they stayed on our MDE until the end of the night.

If entire party shows up to Space Mountain with Genie+ and get a rider swap for someone that won’t ride. Can the non rider and the other parent go and ride something else, say the cars. What if the Space Mountain riders get off before the car people get through? Is there a time limit on when you have to use the rider swap?

If the non-rider can't ride due to a heigh requirement, then yes you will get a digital RS for two guests to return and ride later, if there is an expiration time you will see that in the app but none of ours had one in January. So, in this case your free to do something else with the non-rider.

If the non-rider chooses not to ride, but meets the height then the procedure will be determined by the CM. The party will stay together in the LL and then some sort of swap will occur at the exit or boarding area depending on the attraction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter