Is the Fireworks Dessert Party Plaza Garden viewing worth the extra money?

Thanks for all this info. We have the Plaza Garden Dessert Party. Is there seating in this location?
TIA

Thanks for all this info. We have the Plaza Garden Dessert Party. Is there seating in this location?
TIA
You can sit to eat your desserts at Tomorrowland Terrace, but once you get to the viewing location, there is no seating.

TIA

You can sit on the ground in the viewing area. They used to make people stand when it was fp+, but not anymore.

Do they walk you over early enough to be able to view the castle projection show before wishes? It is scheduled for 7:30 with wishes at 8:00. Thanks

Do they walk you over early enough to be able to view the castle projection show before wishes? It is scheduled for 7:30 with wishes at 8:00. Thanks

Yes, it makes getting through the crowd much easier. They walked us over 5 minutes or so before the projection show started.

I did garden view on 12/30 and everyone had access to the same buffets. Dessert, fruit and cheese, beverages. There was a sundae station, (Hint: if you get hot chocolate, get whipped cream from the sundae station. You're welcome. ;) ) The difference was garden reservations sat in the top section and terrace at in the lower level. First come, first serve for seating for both. But it doesn't matter for garden view. CM walks you over to the garden about 10 minutes before the show starts. Wide open space. No one in front of you with a kid on their shoulders. No stroller hitting you in the back of your knees. I thought in was funny that everyone stood in the front of the garden. We stood in the back and leaned against the fence, all alone. Fireworks are in the sky after all.

So do they announce that everyone will be heading over to the Garden area ahead of time so you will know its almost time to finish their desserts?

So do they announce that everyone will be heading over to the Garden area ahead of time so you will know its almost time to finish their desserts?
The CM that gives you a tour of the buffet and shows you to your seating area tells you that at X o' clock she will be leading you to the area. We had more than enough time for a couple of rounds at the buffet and two cups of hot chocolate. It appeared that those around us had finished eating as well.

I did garden view on 12/30 and everyone had access to the same buffets. Dessert, fruit and cheese, beverages. There was a sundae station, (Hint: if you get hot chocolate, get whipped cream from the sundae station. You're welcome. ;) ) The difference was garden reservations sat in the top section and terrace at in the lower level. First come, first serve for seating for both. But it doesn't matter for garden view. CM walks you over to the garden about 10 minutes before the show starts. Wide open space. No one in front of you with a kid on their shoulders. No stroller hitting you in the back of your knees. I thought in was funny that everyone stood in the front of the garden. We stood in the back and leaned against the fence, all alone. Fireworks are in the sky after all.

I was wondering if the Garden view was an option over the Christmas-NYE week. Thanks!

I am so excited about this. I just moved our Le Cellier dinner to a Le Cellier lunch and then booked The Plaza dessert party for that night. The day - July 12th. MY BIRTHDAY woohoo. My favorite restaurant and the dessert party at my favorite place in the world. 51 will be starting out with a bang - literally! :D

We did it on 12/30 mostly because we didn't want to fight the crowds. We booked way ahead of time and super glad we did. View was great, desserts were good and our daughter ended up in a cast somewhere in between when we booked and we went so it was nice for her to actually have a seat. Would we do it again, probably if it were a super busy time of year, otherwise probably not.

CM walks you over to the garden about 10 minutes before the show starts. Wide open space. No one in front of you with a kid on their shoulders. No stroller hitting you in the back of your knees. I thought in was funny that everyone stood in the front of the garden. We stood in the back and leaned against the fence, all alone. Fireworks are in the sky after all.
Any issues with getting a good view of the castle projection show if you are LAST to enter the reserved viewing area?

I ask because for the Star Wars party, it made a HUGE difference to be first out into the reserved area to get an ideal view of the projections there.

Thanks!

Any issues with getting a good view of the castle projection show if you are LAST to enter the reserved viewing area?

I ask because for the Star Wars party, it made a HUGE difference to be first out into the reserved area to get an ideal view of the projections there.

Thanks!

We did both parties and I agree with your about Star Wars. However, unless there's a specific spot you want to be in within the viewing area for Wishes, I don't think it makes a great deal of difference. People seem to want to stand right up front against the fence when actually, I think the further back you are, the better the view.

Perhaps if it's a sold out buffet, it might be more crowded. The night we were there was not a terribly busy day, and nowhere near a sellout, but they had half the area blocked off when we arrived- apparently some other event going on. Still, we got right where we wanted to be with no problems.

We did both parties and I agree with your about Star Wars. However, unless there's a specific spot you want to be in within the viewing area for Wishes, I don't think it makes a great deal of difference. People seem to want to stand right up front against the fence when actually, I think the further back you are, the better the view.

Perhaps if it's a sold out buffet, it might be more crowded. The night we were there was not a terribly busy day, and nowhere near a sellout, but they had half the area blocked off when we arrived- apparently some other event going on. Still, we got right where we wanted to be with no problems.
Thanks!! :)

Does anyone know if you can bring your stroller with you into the garden viewing area? I'm just concerned about leaving the stroller outside the Terrace, going to the garden viewing area, and then having to go back up to the terrace to get the stroller. Thanks!

Does anyone know if you can bring your stroller with you into the garden viewing area? I'm just concerned about leaving the stroller outside the Terrace, going to the garden viewing area, and then having to go back up to the terrace to get the stroller. Thanks!
curious about the same thing.

Anyone know the answer to this? I had the same question!

Not only were we not impressed with the Plaza Dessert party, we were actually VERY disappointed. The desserts were not good quality, the cheese and crackers were a joke. The place had no ambiance at all. We were hustled into a big, plain, ugly area to eat low quality "desserts" with sickly sweet drinks. I can get better "desserts" at my kid's school cafeteria. The Terrace area did have better ambiance, due to the low lighting and faux candles on the tables, but it looked like the low quality desserts and food options were the same.
Only good thing was the Plaza viewing area for the Castle show and Wishes. Definitely not worth the money spent!
I would recommend spending the money instead by going to California Grill and ordering fantastic drinks and scrumptious desserts and then watching the fireworks outside California Grill on the viewing platform, where they also have the music for wishes playing. You can take your drink with you to watch! California Grill for drinks and desserts ended up being an unexpected Wonderful Special Disney Dessert Fireworks experience that we were looking for. Our whole family agreed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter