Is the Fireworks Dessert Party Plaza Garden viewing worth the extra money?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
We will be making our dining reservations in a few weeks and just noticed they added the Plaza viewing for the dessert party. Has anyone gone to it yet and is it worth the extra money?
We have gone to one a couple years ago up on the Terrace but I wasn't that thrilled with the view from there. I would book another one if Plaza Garden viewing area is good.

When there were fast passes for Wishes in the new hub area it was a great place to watch the fireworks from. We were right in front of Casey's. The view was great and the crowds were low. I would definitely do it if the area is similar.

I enjoyed it, but I did it because I wanted to show up at the last minute, stroll in & get a great spot for Wishes. I hadn't seen the new castle show yet, either, so I also wanted to be close enough to have a great view for that - but I had other things to do besides camp out for a couple of hours! :) I didn't factor the desserts into the equation at all.

Here is a photo I took from the viewing area.

0CsPjes.png

I don't care for the view from Tomorrowland Terrace, so I didn't consider that version.

We did this last week and for us, absolutely! The desserts were not impressive, but they were fine. It's not the same desserts for the table seating, fewer selections by far. But, the viewing makes it worth it for us. They did have half the viewing area blocked off, but the section of it we were in was not crowded at all. We stood for the pre-show, sat on the ground for the fireworks.
We didn't have to camp out for hours to get a decent view, didn't have to worry about people crowding into our space or putting their kids on their shoulders blocking our view. It's the only way I'll watch the fireworks again.

I too dislike the viewing from the terrace, plus this is much less expensive. Desserts are just a nice bonus for us.

We did this last week and for us, absolutely! The desserts were not impressive, but they were fine. It's not the same desserts for the table seating, fewer selections by far. But, the viewing makes it worth it for us. They did have half the viewing area blocked off, but the section of it we were in was not crowded at all. We stood for the pre-show, sat on the ground for the fireworks.
We didn't have to camp out for hours to get a decent view, didn't have to worry about people crowding into our space or putting their kids on their shoulders blocking our view. It's the only way I'll watch the fireworks again.
Really? When I went, everyone had the same selections.

Really? When I went, everyone had the same selections.

There were very few people at the plaza viewing buffet. I never really paid attention to the Terrace group, but our desserts were on the higher level, hardly anyone there sitting and there were no crowds at the dessert station. I'm assuming the Terrace people had a different place for their desserts.

Also, we had done the terrace view on our previous trip and the desserts were located right there at the seating. It was a much more extensive offering so I'm just making the assumption that there are separate areas for dessert offerings.

I enjoyed it, but I did it because I wanted to show up at the last minute, stroll in & get a great spot for Wishes. I hadn't seen the new castle show yet, either, so I also wanted to be close enough to have a great view for that - but I had other things to do besides camp out for a couple of hours! :) I didn't factor the desserts into the equation at all.

Here is a photo I took from the viewing area.

0CsPjes.png

I don't care for the view from Tomorrowland Terrace, so I didn't consider that version.
AWWWWESOME view !

I too dislike the viewing from the terrace, plus this is much less expensive. Desserts are just a nice bonus for us.
That is great ! Sounds like a good idea to make reservations then. I hate having to arrive early and fight the crowds.

There were very few people at the plaza viewing buffet. I never really paid attention to the Terrace group, but our desserts were on the higher level, hardly anyone there sitting and there were no crowds at the dessert station. I'm assuming the Terrace people had a different place for their desserts.

Also, we had done the terrace view on our previous trip and the desserts were located right there at the seating. It was a much more extensive offering so I'm just making the assumption that there are separate areas for dessert offerings.
It must have changed in the past week. I went on 1/9 & everyone used the buffet areas on the lower level.

It must have changed in the past week. I went on 1/9 & everyone used the buffet areas on the lower level.

We went on 1/12. I was surprised as I had understood it was the same buffet for everyone. It was really nice not having so many people trying to serve themselves. There were plenty of desserts to choose from, just not as extensive as what we had in the past. I'll give up choices to fewer people any day of the week!

DS9 and I did the Wishes dessert party with Plaza viewing on 12/19 and it was spectacular. I've been going to WDW since 1980 and the view was, by far, the best I've ever had of the MK fireworks (and we've watched it from in front of the castle, the rose garden, on Main St.), etc. Yes, definitely worth the money! I thought the desserts were good, too! The desserts are the same for the terrace viewing and the plaza viewing. On our night, at least, there were two buffet areas (one for the terrace guests and one for the plaza guests). We arrived a little late for the party (got stuck in the rain at BTMRR!), so they seated us just above the terrace guests and told us to use either buffet (I think they only did this because we were closer to the terrace buffet - they typically seat all of the plaza viewing guests at the very top of tomorrowland terrace near the QS ordering kiosks, if that makes sense). I actually enjoyed where we sat more as the lighting was dimmer and wasn't as crowded.

When it's time to go to the Plaza for the viewing, they lead you out in a line and into the Plaza area. It is such a big space! We leaned against the back railing so there was absolutely no one in front of us. You can also stay there for the projection show if you want. It was so nice to hang out there a little bit while all the crowds were heading out of the park. No jostling or getting run over by strollers or ECV's. If we go see Wishes again, I would definitely book the party again!

We went on 1/12. I was surprised as I had understood it was the same buffet for everyone. It was really nice not having so many people trying to serve themselves. There were plenty of desserts to choose from, just not as extensive as what we had in the past. I'll give up choices to fewer people any day of the week!

We went on 1/12 also. The lower level had the same desserts. Just had the cookie decorating and ice cream as extras which anyone could have.

We went on 1/12 also. The lower level had the same desserts. Just had the cookie decorating and ice cream as extras which anyone could have.

Thanks for the information. I never even looked around to see what was going on with the other level. I like that they split it up some, made the crowd so much smaller!

We actually enjoy the experience at Terrace. Much better selection of fruit/desserts/beverages. The view is a good one IMO as long as you check-in early and claim your table. And having your own chairs and table w/out people in front of you is well worth it for our family!

What's the cost for this one? I'm not paying whatever it is they are currently asking for the terrace party.

What's the cost for this one? I'm not paying whatever it is they are currently asking for the terrace party.

$59 for adults, $35 for children. We've done both. The terrace view was back when the price was much more reasonable. We didn't like the view at all, but I wouldn't pay the current price even if we loved it. I wish they had kept the fp+ option, but since they didn't I am willing to pay for that view. Both are pricey, but it's a matter of what your priorities are and mine are to avoid camping out for spots and fighting crowds for space for the lowest price I can.

$59 for adults, $35 for children. We've done both. The terrace view was back when the price was much more reasonable. We didn't like the view at all, but I wouldn't pay the current price even if we loved it. I wish they had kept the fp+ option, but since they didn't I am willing to pay for that view. Both are pricey, but it's a matter of what your priorities are and mine are to avoid camping out for spots and fighting crowds for space for the lowest price I can.
Thanks. That seems super pricey. We did the terrace party maybe 5-6 years ago and it was around $25 a person. I'd definitely do it again at that price but this is one thing Disney has priced me out of. Guess they are still selling it at the higher price point so good for Disney.

Thanks. That seems super pricey. We did the terrace party maybe 5-6 years ago and it was around $25 a person. I'd definitely do it again at that price but this is one thing Disney has priced me out of. Guess they are still selling it at the higher price point so good for Disney.

That's what we paid as well- it's only been maybe 3 years ago that we did that. They jumped the price to be more in line with other dessert buffets, but as I said, I don't like the view at all. I doubt I'd even pay $25 let alone the $75 or so they want now. I don't know how well it's doing at that price point, but well enough that they're keeping it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter