Is the Family Suite at ASM worth the cost?

claryche

DIS Veteran
My DH, DS and my mom are going to Disney World in late November, and we have booked the family suite at ASM, since double beds are so small when you are use to sleeping in a queen. However, I'm now rethinking the extra cost. We could just get a regular room at ASM for like 600-700 bucks less. But maybe it's worth it, and I wanted to see what you guys thought.

Thanks in advance.

YES! Having the age range of child to granny, I think you should get the family suite. You have a separate room for DH and yourself, and 2 bathrooms. We stayed once with granny in the room with us, I have never liked her as much as before the trip.

It was me, DH, my4 year old son and 7 year old daughter, and my mom. The extra space was wonderful with my mom along - the extra bathroom itself was worth the money. However, we had 5 people and could not have stayed in a regular room - our only other option was to go to a moderate resort, so it didn't cost us all that much more than we would have paid anyway. However, when you have a grandma along, the extra space goes a long way towards giving everyone some privacy!

We [me, DH, DD(9), DS(7), DD(5)] stayed in a family suite last August and LOVED the layout of the suite! It was really great having the couch and chair to sit on when we came in from the parks instead of just the beds and hard chairs in a regular value room.

The suites have so much more storage-the 2 closets, the 2nd amoire, the kitchenette. It was so much easier to "live" in the suite for a week (well we were there for 14 nights...) than just a regular room.

I think you will be way happier in the suite than in a regular room.

Me, DW,DS3 and my mother stayed in a regular room a POP a couple years ago. It was fine for us since all we did there was sleep and shower. If we were going to spend any time at the resort, we would of got a bigger room. But since we were rarely in our room it wasn't worth the extra cost. So I guess it really depends on how much the extra space/bathroom means to you along with how much time you will spend at ASMu. Hope you have a great trip.

I agree with KJHJLM on this one. All we ever do is sleep and shower in our hotel room. We are so busy that we dont notice if the room is small. Dh and I normally sleep in a queen but have no prob with a dbl bed on vacation. When we have an extra person in room with us we just do some showers at night and others in the a.m.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter