Is the concierge collection cost effective at all?

CNMooner

Mouseketeer
I forsee a period of four years where it will not make sense to go to Disneyworld for our vacation, and would like to take the kids on a beach vacation or a cruise.

I'm interested in using points to visit Atlantis, but I was wondering if it makes more sense to rent points and pay cash or pay the 63 points per night? Rooms seem to go for about $400/night there.

TIA!

I suggest that you sell 63 points for $630, pay $400 cash and have $230 in spending money. Make sure that you are comparing apples with apples. Is the cash price room the same as the points room?

Having checked myself the cost v. points. I find that it is much cheaper to pay cash for a room and either rent points or bank them.

For a beach vacation, don't forget the DVC resorts too. We haven't been to Vero, but did try Hilton Head and it was a wonderful resort. Nice beach, and very relaxing vacation. :sunny:

Point wise your best choice is probably an II exchange. For example you can get a 2-B/R high season for 7 nights for 270 points. (approx 38.5 pts/night), or a 1-B/R mid season for 144 points (approx 20.5 pts/night).

Compare these to Concierge collection which can be anywhere from 20-90 pts/night for basically a hotel room (although some are really nice hotel rooms, and the resort makes up for a lot of it)

There is a $75 fee for booking the II vacation, but that's cheaper than the $95 fee for booking a concierge collection stay.

While there may be an exception, I haven't seen a time when it was cost reasonable to use DVC points at DC, DCL or CC. You usually get between $5 and $6.75 per point return, less if there are special discounts like FL resident rates for DCL or AP/FL rates for WDW. I'm sure one can come up with a single example that would be an exception but I've yet to see one. The only thing that comes close is if you are booking DCL on shorter notice when you've missed all the discounts anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter