Is PIF Depression Real?

It doesn’t even have to be 6 months. You get 0% APR for 6 months EVERY payment. I broke our payments into chunks and paid every 4 months or so. It gives me 6 months 0% APR for that specific amount each time. Had I booked on opening day and not months later, I would have had even more time to spread it out.

Number one reason I love my Disney Visa is that 0% APR for 6 months.

Best tip for DISNEY Visa card holders: call and add funds to your stateroom account a little before you travel - you'll get 6 months to pay off those funds...but you DO NOT get 6 months if you add your Disney visa to your stateroom account and use it to pay as you cruise

You see, I love PIF but hate the dread of the onboard spending because the trip is OVER when the bill comes due...but the 6 months to pay is helpful!

Best tip for DISNEY Visa card holders: call and add funds to your stateroom account a little before you travel - you'll get 6 months to pay off those funds...but you DO NOT get 6 months if you add your Disney visa to your stateroom account and use it to pay as you cruise

You see, I love PIF but hate the dread of the onboard spending because the trip is OVER when the bill comes due...but the 6 months to pay is helpful!
That’s a great idea. Any idea what happens if you add more than you spend? Say you end up with $100 left over that you didn’t use, does it just go back to your card?

When you call to add the funds, do you just say you want to add funds? Nothing specific that needs to be done? Can it be done any time before sailing or does it need to be before PIF? I need to do this and add my gratuities before our sailing this summer!

Also a tip I learned too late is that if you add money to your on board account through your Disney visa before your cruise, that amount you will inevitably spend can be 0% APR and 6 months of financing. For example, I paid the tips in advance and that amount showed up on my cc statement as 6 months 0%APR financing. Super useful when you don't want to spend money upfront right away and can conveniently pay down over time.

wow
how do you do this? You just call up DCL? If you use a TA do you have to do this?

PIF day is always exciting for us, because we know the cruise is as close to a 100 percent go as you can get:) The only reason I could think of it being a downer is if you are unsure of your decision to take the cruise you booked.

wow
how do you do this? You just call up DCL? If you use a TA do you have to do this?
You call DCL at least three days before your cruise and tell them you want to add funds to your shipboard account. They take the info, easy peasy I don't know whether a TA could do that for you but I would think so....I always wait until about 5 days before the cruise so that I have the longest amount of time after the cruise to pay...you do have to make the minimum monthly payments on the Visa after the cruise but this approach spreads the pain. The hardest part is trying to guess how much to put on the account...some people just prepay their gratuities, I try to guestimate alcohol consumption too
Good luck!

My bank account might feel depressed but I feel happy/accomplished when I'm PIF! However, I usually just pay a little at a time and then pay the majority the last month leading up. I'd rather the money be earning ME more money in my accounts, rather than giving it to Disney *too early* :flower1: The one exception is the DVC members cruise that we are taking this October, which had to be PIF the day we booked, back in June 2018. At least I earned us some credit card rewards that day :rotfl2:

Well, Costco makes you PIF 2 weeks earlier...

Recently paid off our upcoming cruise and was able to do it all in Disney GCs and Disney Visa Rewards - yeah! Except later we decided to upgrade category, so had to lay out the visa again...

My bank account might feel depressed but I feel happy/accomplished when I'm PIF! However, I usually just pay a little at a time and then pay the majority the last month leading up. I'd rather the money be earning ME more money in my accounts, rather than giving it to Disney *too early* :flower1: The one exception is the DVC members cruise that we are taking this October, which had to be PIF the day we booked, back in June 2018. At least I earned us some credit card rewards that day :rotfl2:

I get a few cents every month on the money. The feeling of having my cruise balance shrink to nothing is worth way more than that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter