Is Laguna Beach or LA too far ?

AdamEfimoff

DIS Veteran
I am comparing the value of staying in Anahiem or LA. I just wonder if it is too far to travel or would Lugana Beach be another option? I was thinking of doing two days at Disney. But thinking of LA as well

We always stay a few nights in Laguna beach before we spend any time in the parks. The drive from Laguna has never taken us more than and hour, usually 40 minutes. Of course we are always making the drive on a Sunday morning, so traffic is not bad. We love Laguna Beach, and highly recommend it!

Don't think we would stay in Laguna and go back and forth to the parks though. Too far.....

First, will you have a car?

When Walt Disney was looking for a place to build Disneyland, he picked Anaheim, since based on studies it was in the center of the local area (Southland) in the future, and it was only offer my a few miles as of today.

In the Southland (Greater Los Angeles area which includes Orange County), it isn't just distance, but driving times getting to and from places. Beaches in General are tough, since they are at the far end of a road. Laguna Beach is isolated with very congested highways and not many options.

Newport Beach, Huntington Beach and Long Beach have decent access to the main Freeways, and are good options if Disneyland is part of the equation.

The Disneyland area (in that term, I am using the cities and hotels near the park and specialize in Tourism, so parts of Anaheim, Garden Grove, Buena Park, Orange and Fullerton, tends to have lower Hotel rates than most popular places in the Southland due to competition. It also has a great deal of variety in styles and price ranges. Lots of Hotels are designed for families, so larger rooms and suites.

How many days in total will you have? What else do you want to do?

www.visittheoc.com

www.visitlongbeach.com

www.visitbuenapark.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter