• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it worth the extra $$...

jacobsmommy

DIS Veteran
Is it worth the extra money (almost $500) to stay at Paradise Pier instead of the Anaheim Fairfield? DL hotel is booked for our few days in June and our TA can get us Paradise Pier instead. It'll be me, dh and our three year old. Is the walk a lot shorter to the entrance of both parks? What would the other perks be? Could we use the DL hotel pool? Thanks for the info.

An extra $500 would buy a whoooole lot of extra character meals, souvenirs, dinners, etc.

Distance-wise, I'd think Fairfield is far, far closer to the gates than PP.

It depends how many nights!! If it was $500 extra for 6 nights or more, then I would probably do it! If it is anything less then 5 nights, I wouldn't even think about it!!

That is a lot for other things and PP is not any closer than lots of other offsite properties so if Fairfield is sold out, there are lots of other good ones to choose from that might even be less than the Fairfield was!!

You could use the pool but that would really be the only other perk besides early entry when it is offered for staying onsite! Other than that, I don't think there's much else besides not leaving Disney property which you can't put a monetary value on.

Andrea

I've stayed at both and I agree with everyone else. It's not worth the extra money. You will have just as an enjoyable vacation at Fairfield Inn. And definitely a shorter walk. PP does have a nicer pool, but still not $500 nicer!

If the pool thing is important, look at Howard Johnson's, not much further then fairfield and a much better pool. My theory is if 500 more for the hotel means less extra's at the park, on your budget, then stay off site. We have stayed both at DLH and at HOJO. We enjoyed them both for different reasons. DD loved the kiddie pool at HOJO. Food was cheaper off site. (but we missed the disney magic at DLH.) If I can go more often staying off site, then off site it is....

I will be the odd person out and say yes, it is worth it to stay at PP. We have only ever stayed at PP and love it. The last time we got a park view room and oh my gosh, we slept with the curtains opened just to enjoy the view. We love PP because it is quiet, very roomy, quiet, comfy beds, and by staying at PP I can power shop my way through Downtown Disney at the end of the night!

It depends on many things. Is this your only trip for three or more years? Is $500 a huge impact on your vacation budget? If you can, please do you and your family a favor by staying at PP and enjoying everything you can. I always vote for on-site unless you truly cannot afford it or you have many trips planned. We are going several times this year, three times on-site (once at each hotel:) ) and twice using free points at the Sheraton Park and the Anaheim Sheraton. Again, if the extra $500 makes a huge impact on your spending budget, stay at Fairfield, otherwise, take the plunge - Paradise Pier is awesome!princess:

We've decided to stay with the room we have at the Fairfield Anaheim. It's too much money to upgrade-over $100 a night! Crazy!

I agree, you will still have an absolutely fabulous time!!

Andrea

I think you made a good choice. We decided to spluge and try the PP because there was an offer for one night free. Wonderfully big rooms and of course you get that Disney service but all in all, it wasn't really THAT close, we felt a little stuck to buy more expensive food and the rooms aren't very sound proof. there was a corporate party at California Land and it was so loud it sounded like we had our alarm radio turned up in our room. Not a happy night.

Also, you HAVE to pay for internet, parking and the newspaper, even if you don't have or want any.

Don't get me wrong it was nice but next time we're going to stay at the carousel or the candy cane inn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter