Is it POSSIBLE?? AKL LITE IV?? You betcha...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I haven't posted a lot on the AKL thread recently, but I am still around! :goodvibes And of course I had to come over to the new home!! It looks fantastic! :thumbsup2

Hey Magdalene!!! Glad to see you - we miss you!!! :flower3:

Good morning, Jamborinis! :sunny:

Good Morning Golden Sunshine!!! :)

Morning all. 40 days for me:cool1::cloud9

kimmar067;37446375...TEN fer me....:banana::dance3::woohoo:

8 for me!!!!! :banana: :banana:

Good morning everyone, and congrats (and thanks Kim!) on our new thread! I feel like I just joined this bunch recently and we're already on a new thread! :cool1: Nice to see some old friends and lots of newbies as well! :thumbsup2

I can definitely agree about the AKL not being as far as everyone thinks. I've stayed only at monorail resorts and I don't find getting to the AKL from MK any further than taking the monorail to Epcot from the Poly...but Shhh...I promise I won't discuss this anywhere else but here! ;)

Agree - lots of new faces here - Welcome Everyone!!! And yeah, lets keep it our little Jambo secret...........

AKL is FAAAAAAARRRRRRRR from everything - whew, the bus ride alone is HOURS and it SMELLS........... Oh, and did you hear about the animals in the pool............... yeah, you should ALL stay somewhere else for sure!!!! :thumbsup2

Thanks for all the advice! I called and requested Zebra trail near the elevator, all that's left to do is wait three weeks and change! :banana:

I need some help from my fellow Jambo members...My parents will be taking ME from MCO to AKL. They will be flying in on American. Since they do not travel much, and we will not be able to pick them up, I need someone to explain ME from the airport to AKL to me as if I were a five year old. :goodvibes.

We've never taken it, so I don't know how to explain it to them. I need to really lay out the most basic simple directions, or they'll start the vacation crabby.

Thanks all!

You've been watching Philadelphia. :laughing:

Its simple. Have they received their luggage tags yet? If so, just have your parents attach them to the luggage they are checking in at the airport. Make sure they have a carryon with items they need as soon as they get to the hotel. They will not get their luggage for at least 3 hours.

When they get off the plane, they will take the monorail to the main terminal. I am not sure where the ME desk is located but there will be Disney Cast Members in the airport with the big Mickey hands. Make sure they have their reservation # on hand so they can check in. After check in, they will direct them to the correct line to get on and then just wait for their bus to arrive. That simple.:thumbsup2

I wanted to add something here. When we arrived in April there were no Cast Members anywhere with Mickey hands! It had been a while since I had done ME so I had to look for signs. They need to go down to the Baggage Claim area and look for signs for Disney's Magical Express. It is found on Terminal Side "B", so when they come all the way down the escalator they will turn right and walk a ways, past the car rental desks.

Hope that helps. I also hope there are Mickey-handed CMs there that day!!

Hi! Just wanted to introduce myself...Just found this thread. We (the fam and i) will be leaving for our first WDW trip on Thursday (veerrryy early in the morning) I'm so excited i can hardly wait. Dh and I have been planning this trip since our oldest dd was about 4 years old but life always seemed to get in the way of actually going....well 3 kids and 10 years later we are finally making the trip. We will be spending 5nights in one of the kidani 2br villas Savannah view. :woohoo:

oh and i'm sure this has been asked and answered many times...but what exactly is a zebra dome? Looks like white chocolate...if it is do they make them with milk chocolate? (not a fan of the white)

I never stayed at either AK resort but we will be spending Nov. 13-20 at AKV in a 1 BR. I'm a DVC member (newbie) and booked a little late so all the Savannah views were taken. I'm waitlisted but doubt a Savannah view will open up. How are the standard views?

As an aside, I dropped my mom off at the lobby of Jambo to get us some Zebra Domes. She was gone for at least 20 minutes. When she got back in the car she told me "That resort is beautiful. On my way to finding these things, I passed a couple of pools and about four bars." Four bars? LOL, now I know why the AKL is so popular! But seriously, how many bars are at Jambo House?

Thanks for all the kind words:grouphug:

Sorry I couldnt get back to thank you all sooner:flower3: I was out most of the day yesterday and I couldnt get on the DIS earlier today:confused3

:rotfl:

.....yes, for all you unsure people, AKL is WA-A-A-A-A-AY too far frm everything, so I suggest you all stay at, uhhhhhhh, ummmmmm, the POLY!!! Yeah, that's it - the POLY is the place for you!! :rolleyes1 [ :teeth: ]
[...did I sound convincing enough??? :rolleyes: ]

Love it and I think it worked!!!!
:rolleyes1

You're all so kind:flower3:

Kim, just 10 days? Awesome!!:cool1: You've been waiting for this so long:banana:

For the question about the bars, someone I am sure will correct me if I am wrong, but I believe there are three in Jambo. Victoria Falls, the bar at Jiko and the bar at the pool. (There is just the one pool at Jambo and one at Kidani)

It's now Time to start the excitement!!! Our Jambo paradise is now around the corner and we can hardly wait! Just 6 more weeks.
WOO WOOO!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter