Is it okay to bring a toaster and blender?

AuntMinnie

Mouseketeer
I would like to know if anyone knows if this is okay, or not okay.

I know they will provide a coffee machine, iron , hairdryer...

Do they care about a couple more small appliances? It would be so great if I could use a toaster in the room to do some toast, bagles pop-tarts in the morning. And a blender would be great in the evening after the girls are asleep to make a treat for mom and dad.

I'm only looking for some info, I won't do it if they don't want me to, not looking to get kicked out.

I think the toaster would be a fire hazard but the blender would probably be ok. I think you can use the toaster in the food court, but I've never done it.

I would definitely check with the hotel. I suspect that for insurance and fire code reasons, the answer will be no.

I have also seen people post about using toaster or microwave in food courts although personally that seems like a pain, especially if you aren't close to the food court. That's why we prefer to stay in a suite-type hotel or rental home that has a kitchen (and is considerably cheaper).

Steve

Originally posted by disneysteve
I would definitely check with the hotel. I suspect that for insurance and fire code reasons, the answer will be no.

I have also seen people post about using toaster or microwave in food courts although personally that seems like a pain, especially if you aren't close to the food court. That's why we prefer to stay in a suite-type hotel or rental home that has a kitchen (and is considerably cheaper).

Steve

I will try to find the number to call Poly directly, I'm sure its on these boards somewhere.

I agree it seems like a pain to go to food court to make toast, I won't be doing that. I didn't want a whole kitchen or DH expects me to COOK 3 meals a day. (Omelets, pancakes, baked zitti etc. he's on vacation and wan't to eat good).
I was thinking "fire hazard", but with all the other small appliances I thought maybe it would be okay. If not then we will have to have untoasted bagels and poptarts and make do without toast on the mornings we plan to eat in the room.

Originally posted by AuntMinnie
I was thinking "fire hazard", but with all the other small appliances I thought maybe it would be okay. If not then we will have to have untoasted bagels and poptarts and make do without toast on the mornings we plan to eat in the room.

Toasters are designed to cook things and pop tarts have been known to start fires. I guess you could leave a hair dryer on too long it could catch fire.

think along different lines, we had uncooked pop-tarts, donuts, cereal, danishes etc for breakfast - they were all fine cold. The store in yoru hotel will probably sell boxes of donuts for more than a grocery store, but much less than the food court - we bought a box in the evening so that we could eat them the following morning as we were gettng ready and that worked fine. We also got milk from the same store, and kept it in a cooler with ice, for cereal.

Bev

The food court toaster is not so bad to use either. One year DS would not eat this pop tarts untoasted. We just had one parent run down to the food court (we were in fantasia at ASMo) while the other sat out the other breakfast things and we were ready to eat in just a couple minutes. We also do things that do not need to be heated, muffins, ceral, ceral bars etc. We also do the ice in the cooler thing. Some non -breakfast stuff that down not need heating. P&J sandwiches, cheese sticks, yougert, peanut buttere crackers etc. can make a quick way to start the day.

Jordan's mom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter