• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is everyone getting their FP+ Selections 60 days out with no problem?

Just curious.....is there a benefit to picking morning then modifying, then compared to selecting afternoon times? (Sorry to OP for being off topic)

When you're trying to change times, it won't show you times that conflict with the other FPs you already have (including the ones you intend to change). So if you pick times the furthest from the times you actually want, the FPs you haven't changed yet won't interfere. But if you happen to get offered options where you like 2 of the 3 times take it.

We booked our trip 38 days out and were able to get everything we wanted including 7DMT on 3 different days. The only thing we couldn't get was Anna and Elsa, but there was one day it was available. It was just in the middle of nap time. My daughter (20 months) barely knows who they are, and we just met them on our cruise so I wasn't worried about it.

After I saw your post, I then received an email from Disney - and a letter in the mail today - telling me that my window was opening soon! It opened last Sunday at Midnight, so good thing I wasn't relying on that!

This is amazing to me. It's as if Disney has absolutely no idea of the struggle to get some of the attractions. It will get worse when the Frozen palace attractions, night time safari, and Rivers of Light go online.

I can't think of any reason for them to intentionally wait to remind, so it must be negligence. Or just bad customer service.

And on a completely opposite trajectory...I can only see 30 days out with my AP, but the Mine Train is available for me after the 17th day taking me up to March 21. That is much different than October, when I struggled to get the Mine Train at 61 days out. The third week of March is not usually a light season. It wasn't last year.

So it is challenging to know what to expect.

Last edited:
I got everything I wanted at 60 days out.....that included 7DMT on several days and Test Track on several days. I also select times for the opposite part of the day than I really want and then modify. I am not super computer savvy and I have no problems once I get going. I usually have a list of the 3 I want for each day and the time of day noted. I usually start around noon at MK and HS. I do earlier at EPCOT as we go to WS in the afternoon. We are only going to AK 1 afternoon this trip so they are stacked starting around 1 pm.

Going in mid-April, and got what we wanted at 60 days out (in the morning, not at midnight!), including 7DMT and Anna+ Elsa.

The only issue I had was with Anna and Elsa -- and that wasn't a huge issue, just that there was nothing available until the late evening. Just required me moving some things around. I don't even know if Wishes will still be available, but I'd avoid picking that, because it's at a very specific time and it will prevent you from seeing some options (same with parades)..

We got everything we wanted at the times we wanted and I've adjusted several times (not for the major attractions) over the last few months easily.

Quick question. We have room only res and my 60 days is tonight at midnight. I'm looking at the fast pass selection and its only showing blue out till March 24th should I be concerned or will April light up tonight after midnight? Should I be calling Disney to check?

Thanks everyone for your info. I'm happy to report I had no problems getting FP+ for all the attractions we wanted! I have to say planning our April 2016 trip has been much easier than our November 2014 trip. ADRs were hard to change during the free dining promo and the FPs took multiple attempts to coordinate for hard to get rides like 7DMT and TT. This time it was a breeze and I was able to go back and modify some times

Yes, we did. Last week of April. And everything except A&E at the preferred time, but I'll take that!

i got my selections two weeks out lol
Just curious.....is there a benefit to picking morning then modifying, then compared to selecting afternoon times? (Sorry to OP for being off topic)
depending on when you plan to get in if you are there when it first opens fast passes are a waste as lines are very short i don't start fast pass choices till after 10:50am

Can you expand on this a bit? Opposite times? What does that mean?
When you begin the selection process, you choose 3 attractions. After doing that the system will pre-select times for you by bundling your 3 selections and slotting them into times that it hopes will be convenient for you. For example, you choose Space Mountain, 7DMT and Peter Pan. The system will pick times for you such as SM at 11:00, 7DMT at 2:00 and PP at 3:30. If those times are exactly what you want, then fine. You'really done. But odds are they won't be perfect. So the system will offer you a second bundle of times, maybe earlier in the day. And if that is not exactly what you want, you will get a third bundled option, perhaps much later in the day. Ultimately, you have to pick one of those three bundles. But after selecting your bundle you will have the opportunity to move each Fast Pass to exactly the time that best suits you...but only if you don't already have a FP booked during that time. So for example if you want SM at 10:00 a.m., 7DMT at 11:00 and PP at noon, you can pick those as long as you don't already have FPs booked from 10:00-1:00. So to avoid that, when you pick your bundle at the outset, you would want to pick the option that slots your FPs as late in the day as possible, thus leaving wide open the morning times and then move your FP times, one at a time, to the earlier times that you desire.

When you begin the selection process, you choose 3 attractions. After doing that the system will pre-select times for you by bundling your 3 selections and slotting them into times that it hopes will be convenient for you. For example, you choose Space Mountain, 7DMT and Peter Pan. The system will pick times for you such as SM at 11:00, 7DMT at 2:00 and PP at 3:30. If those times are exactly what you want, then fine. You'really done. But odds are they won't be perfect. So the system will offer you a second bundle of times, maybe earlier in the day. And if that is not exactly what you want, you will get a third bundled option, perhaps much later in the day. Ultimately, you have to pick one of those three bundles. But after selecting your bundle you will have the opportunity to move each Fast Pass to exactly the time that best suits you...but only if you don't already have a FP booked during that time. So for example if you want SM at 10:00 a.m., 7DMT at 11:00 and PP at noon, you can pick those as long as you don't already have FPs booked from 10:00-1:00. So to avoid that, when you pick your bundle at the outset, you would want to pick the option that slots your FPs as late in the day as possible, thus leaving wide open the morning times and then move your FP times, one at a time, to the earlier times that you desire.

Would you recommend selecting your 3 FP then modifying for the day, or select for the vacation stay then go back and modify?

It depends on when you are making your selections. If you are doing this at midnight eastern, 60 days in advance, I don't think it will matter. But to be as safe as possible, you could start by selecting your FPs for the park that is going to have the most competition for a particular ride. Right now, with Soarin' being down, that might be Epcot as Test Track is pretty much on everyone's list. So you could pick your Epcot passes, then go back and change those before moving on to the next park. If you have young children who want to meet Anna & Elsa, and you want a very specific time for that Meet and Greet, then you would probably want to start with the MK. Pick your three FPs, then go back and change your A&E right then and there before moving on. Once you have chosen one of the options that the system elects for you, it only takes about a minute to go back and change the three FPs to exactly the times you want. So the order isn't going to be as important as you might think.

you will get a third bundled option, perhaps much later in the day. Ultimately, you have to pick one of those three bundles.

Thanks for clearing that up. Do you have to go through all three options or can you just pick the first one and then start rearranging?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter