Is Disney testing the waters here?

JohnDaleswife

Sharing the same birthday with Donald Duck!
With the release of the new Spring offers, specifically the one that has extra fast passes in it, do you think that Disney might be trying to test the waters with this approach?

Even though the extra fast passes that they are offering now are worthless, it makes me wonder if they might try this later on with passes to FEA, SDMT or PP. Just a thought.

With the release of the new Spring offers, specifically the one that has extra fast passes in it, do you think that Disney might be trying to test the waters with this approach?

Even though the extra fast passes that they are offering now are worthless, it makes me wonder if they might try this later on with passes to FEA, SDMT or PP. Just a thought.

I think that they are trying to enhance the offer without giving away anything that has a financial impact. From what I have observed, FP are the go to gift. I took a DVC tour, and since I was done with the parks, I did not need the FP offered. They would not give paper FP so I could gift them to anyone else, but did not offer anything in their place. That was fine but did lead me to believe that Disney is using these FP as recompense for specific situations.

I hope that this does not end up backfiring. If they give FP away, how does that impact what guests can choose as part of the preplanning?

Reactions: TJA
Wouldn't temp me at all since I rarely book FPs, more often than not we just do stand by lines because we just don't know what we want to do when. I'm betting there are more people like us out there than people suspect.

I'm guessing that they are definitely testing the water for a promo like this. We all have to remember that most of the Disney World going public is not as informed as we are here on the boards. They see "free fastpasses" and probably don't even take a moment to find out if the passes being offered are worth it.

I'm ok with this as long as it does not replace the current fastpass system and stays as an extra bonus for packages.

I believe this is just the tip of the iceberg here. I have always said that at some point fast passes will be a for sale only item or tied to your resort level.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter